4.0.1 Test Realms Enh. Sham

So with the announce of Test Realms up and going and the fact that we will finally have Class Balance based around level 85:
    Class balance on PTRs
    Most likely not. We'll be evaluating the way players are performing in content on the 4.0.1 test realms, but keep in mind the class changes are balanced around level 85 gameplay. It's almost more likely we'd end up taking away the Icecrown Citadel buff (I'm only saying this is a possibility), as in many cases healing, tanking, and damage dealing may stand to benefit a lot from these changes at level 80.

Things will be a little bit interesting since these changes are being applied while players are still actively working through the current Wrath of the Lich King content. Bear with us and provide as much feedback as you can about your experiences with these changes under the current content, but keep in perspective that the new class design is meant to be balanced around the upcoming Cataclysm content. We're more interested in ironing out bugs and polishing the systems than attempting to balance them intricately for level 80 gameplay.
    We could see that big post which I know I QQ'ed about on the lost of the Shaman crap, mainly because at that point, a rough est. that 90% of the class preview stuff for the shaman class has already been removed. All of which could be put back in if people really look at the Enh Shaman spec. I suggest we look at the Theme of the Enh. Shaman. {FIRE}

I have seen posts with X spec doesn't have a theme and I will say this, Enh. Shaman has a theme, it is fire. Lava Lash, Imp. Fire Nova, Flame Shock, Searing Totem. It just makes complete sense that Lava Burst should be on maelstrom weapon proc. LB is the main damage for Elemental, not an Enh. Maelstrom proc because LB deals way to low of damage compared to the Lava Burst Auto Crit and I know for a fact that Enh. doesn't have a lot of SP to really make that Lava Burst Crit go over the top Crazy. Even though the mastery is set to nature spells. One could believe that you use the LB for pve, but lets get LvB put back on the Maelstrom Weapon Proc for the PvP burst. However, I also saw the Fire Theme for this class and I strongly support that Lava Burst should be added to the Enh. Shaman rotation for a 5 maelstrom proc because it flows with its theme. With that said, I also think the Mastery should be set to benefit Fire, not nature, would would mean we should also change how SS works to benefit Fire damage aka Lava Burst. This isn't a Fire caster, it is a Fire Melee/caster, so its not suppose to be a Fire Mage Clone.
    Last edited by Frykte; 2010-09-13 at 10:02 PM.