Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    it wont work.
    i certainly wouldnt risk it at all.
    my advice is, level up in cata on your current server and then move, after you've invested in some lvl 85 stuff that can be sold. (ofc check both servers AHs ect and do some wise business)

another idea is either, test it by moving an alt with an item you recently bought for emblems..

or ask a GM...

wouldn't the hog be eaiser?

I just need my alts to be on the same server as my main for the x-pac. Sucks to log in and out of 3 servers all the time

hog would be easier, but not even remotely as simple and quick (didnt even think about that yet :>)

10+ Year Old Account
    AS far as i know you can only return within the timer if you bought it with an alternative currency(Badges, honor, stone keeper shards, whatever.) i have never looked into whether or not this can be returned though. This is a great idea, just requires that the mammoth is able to be returned for full gold. My advice would be to buy as many motorcycles off the AH as possible, as they are one of the few things guaranteed to hold a price, as most of the cost of making them is just gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Shadowmourne quest rewards, or perhaps a TGC reward might be a safe bet along with the chopper. Hell you might even make a profit depending on the server you go to inregard to the shadowmourne rewards.
    "The truth, my goal."

I do already take a full set of my alt's shadowmourne rewards with me. Except for our alt raid, there are no half-decent raids around who'd even get any shadowmournes... The tcg reward thing is worth a look, there is a guy who sells this kind of stuff on my alt's realm. problem with the shadowmourne items: I transfer from a dead server to one of the best german servers pve-wise. So there's almost nothing to make a profit with.

But I will try to clarify the Mammoth thing, just wrote a ticket. Although, they'll most likely see it as an exploit if it works.

Gold cap for transfers is just way too low...
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2010-09-13 at 11:10 PM.

Q u o t e:

Character Restrictions:

- Every character to be transferred has to be at least level 10.
    - Characters carrying too much gold are not eligible for transfer, as follows:
    - Level 10-30: 300 gold limit
    - Level 31-50: 1000 gold limit
    - Level 51-69: 5000 gold limit
    - Level 70 - 80: 20000 gold limit
    - An individual character may only be transferred once every 3 days.
    - As a security precaution, Death Knights can only be transferred once they reach level 60.

This is taken from
    blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20558

So someone's idea of leveling a bank alt to spend an extra $20 to transfer it wouldn't do much good unless he leveld it to 80 and event then would only get 20k out of it. Blizz WILL NOT assist you in transferring more than this, so don't bother asking. Those that suggested Hogs and Legendary Ore have the best advice. If you have 300k, expect to only make back 250k or so. What's 50k at that point? a month of work? Good luck.

Considering all the guild achivements for legendary weapons coming out, you may actually end up ahead if you stock up on legendary weapon materials. ^.~
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

well, actually I give a piss about those 50k. There's much more than just 300k on the server I'm transferring to. i just don't want to pay 20 bucks and still lose something in the process(Its a matter of principle for me) and I want to know if that damn mammoth thing works. Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Call blizzard - solution to everything.
    edit: whats wrong with your server anyway
    I agree with this, call customer support and I'm sure you will be able to work something out.

Also, THE MOUNT IS NON-REFUNDABLE (Learned this myself when I wanted to take a test ride to see if I really wanted it and couldn't sell it back).