Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Choose your race based on things like look or lore imo. Yes there are nice racials that you can get but they are in no way a make or break mechanic most times. Even in top end gear for fire mages the difference between a troll and human in perfect gear with the 30% ends out being like 100-200 dps or something non significant like that (if you perfectly time cds and don't move at all while berserk ,or w.e. the spell is, is up). yes if you ABSOLUTELY want to min max then go ahead, but the only reason the dps difference is that high is because you're in BiS with a 30% buff meaning the differences are that huge. Racials shouldn't be a huge huge reason to choose a class unless you're in a top 100 guild. Pvp can be done without the racials it's just a little harder, a racial won't make you get 2200 if you're bad though.

I would go Goblin with a giant T-Rex, but that's just me.

Others:
    Troll: They're are awesome. Do they need any other explanation? Raptor pet is an excellent option.
    Blood Elf: Aesthetically pleasing. They look the best out of all your options.
    Orc: They aren't my style. I guess they're fin if you're into that kind of thing. If I played an Orc, I would have to have a wolf pet.
    Undead: Okay choice. Not my first choice, but I wouldn't have a problem playing one. Undead pet for sure.
    Tauren: Too big for my liking. Would never play a Tauren Hunter.
    Last edited by Thorzon; 2010-09-14 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    doesn't haste increase the speed u regain focus? so the goblin +1% haste seems ideal to me. U will not only shoot faster but also more.

Worgen...cause they're cool haha...other then that idk

IMO undead for the horde and worgen for the alliance...

undead because of those undead animals from felwood and the plaguelands...

worgen because a worgen hunter girl with a worg pet and a worg pup companion sounds really cute lol
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    IMO undead for the horde and worgen for the alliance...

undead because of those undead animals from felwood and the plaguelands...

worgen because a worgen hunter girl with a worg pet and a worg pup companion sounds really cute lol
    Undead as hunters makes very little sense. How are you going to fight a battle when your pet is playing fetch with your femur.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston View Post
    Undead as hunters makes very little sense. How are you going to fight a battle when your pet is playing fetch with your femur.
    it makes so little sense that the 2 most important forsaken characters have always been hunters since vanilla...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

it makes so little sense that the 2 most important forsaken characters have always been hunters since vanilla...
    Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh. (That was the sound of the joke going way over your head.)

Get it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd have to say dwarf, but I'm biased. That 1% extra crit chance with guns is nice, and stone form has utility in both PvE and PvP. Not as much utility as Every Man For Himself, though. Worgen Hunters might be good, too, what with the passive 1% extra crit chance no matter what weapon, and the racial sprint ability.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2010-09-14 at 01:29 AM. Reason: edited due to spelling fail
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    Hey guys hows it going. After seeing the recent changes hunter are receiving I have decided to roll a hunter as my main, but I cannot decide which class to roll him as. I was thinking undead but I don't think they would look good in tier 11 as say a blood elf. The way taurens jump and move kinda bugs me too, and I don't know about goblins, they are kinda too short. If I am going to invest 30+ days or more into a character and get all the best gear raiding, I want my char to not be short and actually look good in armor so to speak, but as I said previously taurens are kind awkward for me. Meh, I can't decide, any good suggestions?
    racials are going to be revamped in cata.

Worgen

For the simple fact you can be named Worgenhard, and your pet can be named Hardlyworgen.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Worgen

For the simple fact you can be named Worgenhard, and your pet can be named Hardlyworgen.
    ^
    this. I lol'ed hard there.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Blood Elf, because the armor looks better on them.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Next time you log in, /roll 3.

If you roll a 1, make a Troll.
    If you roll a 2, make an Undead.
    If you roll a 3, make a Blood Elf.

Tada!
    Simply the best idea, I will use this method in a lot more threads from now on.

Personally? I plan to race change my Blood Elf hunter come Cata, but not sure to what yet. Part of me wants to make him undead because I have no undead at the moment besides a level 20 rogue I plan to reroll as a goblin. But another part wants to make him an Orc for the pet racial and because, lets face it, Orks are badass mofo's.

Infact, there are quite a few characters I want to race change. Definetly thinking of changing my paladin to a tauren, my troll shaman to a goblin (Because lets face it, goblins have robot totems. ROBOT TOTEMS!), and maybe my druid to a troll (though I DO like my cow girl tauren.). But I have made no decisions and I probably won't until release day and I see what's going down.

Dwarf.

No exceptions accepted.

Deleted
    dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Considering racial changes... oooh yeah, that sucks. They will change all of those!
    Or you can not be retarded and pay attention to what they actually said. They're using the goblin/worgen one as a baseline of how much benefit they want to give, and will adjust existing dps racials to match it, and create new ones for those that don't have a dps racial at all (Taurens, Night Elves, etc). They may not even touch the pet damage racial for orcs, and that alone would make Orc the best for BM once again when the new talent trees go live.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Lmao I can't tell if this is a troll or not. Undead hunter??haha that would have no utility. Belf? Even worse
    If you are serious, you should have just googled it. orcs have ap boost, trolls get hate, and gobs get some nice racials for hunter engineers.
    Ally side there is nothing special...armour for dwarves, stealth for nelf (we get camo anyways) hit for draeni is negligible because there will always be one in your raid. Worgen has a sprint, the only decent pvp racial, which will get nerfed by season 10