Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So after 16+ hours of playing in 4.0...

I've concluded that the game has lost yet another tanking Warrior!

Yes, I've decided to switch my mains from Prot Warrior to Demo Warlock. Thanks a lot, Blizz! You just killed off one more tank and turned him into another DPS!

I really wanted to play my Warrior too, but after getting to experience the changes, I have to say, Warriors definitely got the short end of the stick this expansion. PvP-wise they have gotten nerfed IMO, tank-wise, nothing much changed. They're still going to use same old abilities in same old rotation. Where as classes like Hunters, Warlocks, Boomkins,and Ele Shamans were given awesome new mechanics and abilities to play making them a lot more fun. This means even less tanks and more DPS clogging up the LFDungeon feature.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I've concluded that the game has lost yet another tanking Warrior!

Yes, I've decided to switch my mains from Prot Warrior to Demo Warlock. Thanks a lot, Blizz! You just killed off one more tank and turned him into another DPS!

I really wanted to play my Warrior too, but after all the changes, I have to say, Warriors definitely got the short end of the stick this expansion. Where as classes like Hunters, Warlocks, Boomkins,and Ele Shamans were given awesome new mechanics and abilities to play making them a lot more fun. This means even less tanks and more DPS clogging up the LFDungeon feature.
    not another qq thread....
    You just have to learn how to play your class again, they are prob op.

You mean the experimental huge damage buff to NPCs is causing you to stop tanking? even after they change it back?!

K

Its Beta
    it will change

Enjoy, glad you figured out what will make you enjoy the game you are playing.

Ive play probably around 10 others so far. Been switching between a priest and a hunter. I had tons of fun on both. Hunters are fun, but really overpowered. witch means lots of people playing them. So Im going priest. Cannnnnntttt waiittttt

I'm all in favor of trying the new talent builds, but I'm mindful that we're trying them out of context. They are intended to be balanced around level 85 play and the itemization changes coming in with Cataclysm.

I'm pretty happy that Protection didn't get too changed. It was one of the better specs in WotLK; it worked well, was interesting, and had some nice perks. Obviously we're going to have to adjust to the Rage and HS/Cleave changes, give or take Rend and Victory Rush making an appearance in our rotation, but I think that Protection was a "why fix what isn't broken?" spec.

You really aren't explaining why you're no longer tanking on your warrior. Just saying warriors got the short end of the stick is pretty vague. All I can gather from what you've said is that you can't adapt to the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...And he herded two of each animal on to a boat and he BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE. And that is why when a bunch of animals are together, its called a zoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...Unless its a farm!

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait, you ACTUALLY tanked in those 16+ hours? Even with constant disconnects and lag issues, along with server stability and general PTR skill? All of that, along with the fact that you're using level 85 tools at level 80 on level 80 content led you to believe that prot warriors suck? Just wanted to make sure.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    it is said in a blue post that they are not really trying to make any balance in the classes yet, since they will make the balance for the endgame content in the endgame gear.

so stop QQ'ing and face the facts that no class will be way worse than the others. And most of the "awsome" changes to hunter and so on, were because they wasn't really fitting in the way they worked now.

Honestly I didn't feel this way at all on my warrior in fact (MY OPINION EXCLUSIVELY!!!!) I felt that tanking has become a bit easier for me and my ability to build rage feels like it got a bit of an increase. Honestly I cant wait to start tanking on my warrior (after I get my paladin to 85 of course =P)

Incomplete beta is incomplete. All tanks have new mechs and so do warriors.

./thread

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't meant to be a QQ thread. I'm not QQing at all, quite the opposite, I'm LOVING the changes and I plan to play what I enjoy playing the most, which is no longer Prot Warrior.

I'll probably make the Warrior my alt now, I just feel bad because he's been my main for so long, got 8k achievement points on him and stuff. It's not that they didn't get good changes, it's that the other classes GOT MORE good changes. Also, I really don't like where they took my favorite PvP spec in the game, Arms. Throwdown is nice but it's not enough to compensate for what the other classes are getting. Also, I missed Imp. Overpower.

I've played every class but Rogue and Priest in PTR. Hunters are indeed extremely fun now, so are Ele Shamans.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I really wanted to play my Warrior too, but after all the changes, I have to say, Warriors definitely got the short end of the stick this expansion. Where as classes like Hunters, Warlocks, Boomkins,and Ele Shamans were given awesome new mechanics and abilities to play making them a lot more fun. This means even less tanks and more DPS clogging up the LFDungeon feature.
    This is called "jumping the gun".

You're basing your entire opinion from a Player Testing Realm that uses content from a BETA which is not even finished. Not only are you testing beta content... you are not even testing the beta expansion. Maybe you should... I don't know. Wait until the expansion is actually released and level to 85 and then see what it is like.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a beta anything can happen

Deleted
    last i heard warrior tanking is broken and will be fixed next patch in the beta

Alright... so your complaining that the classes that were incredibly boring/ underpowered/ generic to play are getting fixed.... and the ones that were perfectly fine are getting minor tweaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's okay, because I'm going to be leveling the two tank classes I don't have yet, with the intention of tanking primarily.

What do you want us to do? Beg you not to quit your tank? Because that's what this QQfest sounds like.

This is beta and PTR. None of this is final. Stop making hasty decisions.
    Axetoface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post
    That's okay, because I'm going to be leveling the two tank classes I don't have yet, with the intention of tanking primarily.

What do you want us to do? Beg you not to quit your tank? Because that's what this QQfest sounds like.

This is beta and PTR. None of this is final. Stop making hasty decisions.
    Yes, if you get on your knees and beg me, I might reconsider. Try it.