Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I did 3 randoms today with a warrior on the PTR (cos, nexus, and utgarde keep) and he had no problems with threat and wasn't too hard to heal as a resto druid. The 2 guildy dps were doing about 5-7k dps (rogue, mage) and the premade pug hunter was doing about 5k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't base decisions off of something that's not only experimental, but far from 100% tuned. Take yer bucket of QQ to the official forums.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I'm not even going to say anything except you're definitely an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Balseraph View Post
    I'm all in favor of trying the new talent builds, but I'm mindful that we're trying them out of context. They are intended to be balanced around level 85 play and the itemization changes coming in with Cataclysm.
    Well you see here is the problem with warrior tanks

#1 Threat
    Live = gimped compared to other tanking classes
    Beta/ptr = much worse than live however will most likely be fixed with tuning high threat abilities.

#2 Damage intake
    live = pretty dam squishy compared to other tanks in 264 gear but playable
    Beta/PTR = getting destroyed by the mobs in Hor/Pos when in Ilvl 264

tanking was heavily changed, it's.. quite difficult now, specially with little telling us our actual threat skills

Old habits dies hard, difficult to go back to a vanilla style of tanking.

Also with dps going aoe by habits doesn'T help
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please PLEASE play your Warlock, for the sake of all the other healers out there. A tank with such a diminished thought capacity isn't somebody I really want to be healing, especially with the new healing model that requires mana conservation. How about giving things some time to come around? As numerous people have pointed out so far and you have ignored, you're testing lvl 80 mechanics intended for lvl 85 in content that is no longer valid.

I do hope you enjoy your Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

#1 Threat
    Beta/ptr = much worse than live however will most likely be fixed with tuning high threat abilities.

#2 Damage intake
    #1 You're playing a different version of live to me. On trash pulls if people wait for shockwave your threat is fine. On bosses, guess what, warrior threat is fine. I have quite a few tanks, my pala is sitting on more hit, expertise and strength than my warrior by quite a long way, he's swinging a weapon 19 ilevels higher than my warrior's rimefang's claw. Yet he does the same threat as my warrior. And I'm not a bad pala tank, I can hold aggro on DPS who'll pump 12K out on saurfang which I feel is pretty good work for an alt. And my warrior has the same, if not better threat in the same gear. Now really, you're either in china playing TBC (THAT was an era of low threat, and even then it was playable) or you need to learn how to play warrior. I'll concede that on aoe packs ESPECIALLY in HoR/PoS with undead, paladins are king. But that's not to say warriors suck horrendously. Their single target on live is nice.

As far as surviving goes, don't forget that healing changed, it might be that healers suck.

As far as things go, it's beta blah blah blah, if it feels fun and works, then it's good. Numbers will be rectified. Warriors are very viable now. They've been looked after well in WOTLK and there's no reason to suspect they won't remain viable aside from the odd hiccup in cata.
    The PTR is a demo/bug finding exercise. Balance is not yet implemented. However if you cannot pump out good threat on a warrior in live, you might want to try going to tankspot and learning to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

#1 Threat

#2 Damage intake
    Haven't played a tank on PTRs yet, but man I'm loving tanking on my Warrior alt right now. Given he's only level 65, but I've never had ANY problems holding threat. Is it a end game raid thing or what?