Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    46
    Am i the only one who thought of Thing from the Adams Family when i saw the hand ?

  2. #22
    Zin'rokh is back, yes please This archaeology-stuff is really looking better and better!

  3. #23
    20 seconds for those transformation artifacts is a little short, especially with such a long cooldown. Here's hoping they make those at least a little more usable. Flavor items should be more flavorful. =P

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkheer View Post
    Am i the only one who thought of Thing from the Adams Family when i saw the hand ?
    Nope, that was the very first thing I thought of when i saw it Archeology is shaping up to be possibly the greatest thing in WoW, at least lorewise.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pbean View Post
    Besides being fun and all, I don't understand the use of a level 60 bind to acount non-heirloom epic. Sure it's epic so the stats might be a little bit better than a heirloom (which should be comparable to a blue), so it might be useful for level 60-65 perhaps, but who will go through the trouble of getting it through archeology when you can just farm some (emblems/hero points?) for heirloom gear.

    Maybe it's only for the looks? But why isn't it a stat-less level 1 then?
    There are various reasons:
    1. After a few months you'll have trouble getting groups for instances below lvl 85 heroics. Trying to get enough emblems / hero points for gear while leveling will be rather pointless. You'll do most instances once for the quests and then move on. Most gear for your alts will be from questrewards and whatever your main sends you.
    2. These things are good items for their level. This means you only need 1 for all your chars that can use it when leveling instead of locked to one char compared to "normal" epic and blues you can send to alts to help leveling.
    3. The problem with Heirlooms (for Bliz' perspective) is that you don't want any other item in that slot from lvl 1 to 84. These new boa epics are only for a few levels and then content drops can take over again. So a small boost for your alt, but not as stupid overpowered as Heirlooms.

  6. #26
    High Overlord EreWH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by pbean View Post
    Besides being fun and all, I don't understand the use of a level 60 bind to acount non-heirloom epic. Sure it's epic so the stats might be a little bit better than a heirloom (which should be comparable to a blue), so it might be useful for level 60-65 perhaps, but who will go through the trouble of getting it through archeology when you can just farm some (emblems/hero points?) for heirloom gear.

    Maybe it's only for the looks? But why isn't it a stat-less level 1 then?
    It's not something you're going to farm.
    You can stumble on them unexpectedly.
    And then go 'Oh, my alt can use that!'
    That's the whole point, surprising you. If you're really trying to farm this you'll be looking for a while.
    Thanks to Chu.. Cthu.. Cht.. Ah hell. Thanks to the strange guy for the avatar.

    ((No really. Thanks, Cthulu.))

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophrr View Post
    She can write a book about Druids! And call it... *sunglasses* ...'Eclipse'.
    YEEEAAAHHH

  7. #27
    I tried archeology on the beta and I have to say that it's quite boring in it's current form. There is nothing wrong with the system itself, but there is with the 3 digs per digsite limit. Instead of working on archeology, you'll be flying around most of the time.

    Example: I started out in the Western Plaguelands and the nearest digsite after that was.. Swamp of Sorrows.

    It takes up loads of time and around skill 80, skill ups are already starting to get rare.

    So, this profession could be great fun, it just requires some tweaking to accomplish that.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkheer View Post
    Am i the only one who thought of Thing from the Adams Family when i saw the hand ?
    Exactly my first thought upon seeing it, haha

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    There's already enough jerks that hate on Gnomes, don't you start too Boubouille ='(

  10. #30
    If I have the original Zin'rokh, and found the level 85 version, would that be considered a Time Paradox?
    Last edited by Gousuke; 2010-09-14 at 08:45 AM.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Nilesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
    Exactly my first thought upon seeing it, haha
    It is totally Thing!

    Archeology is looking great... my only fear, though, is that it will be flash in the pan enjoyment. I know blue posters have stated that it's Blizzard's intentions to be updating the profession with more and more research projects... and I really want to believe them, because it'd be awesome! but I fear that they wont upkeep that promise...

    But if they did, that'd be amazing. Really looking forward to it


    Apologies for this out of date signature!

  12. #32
    omg omg omg Zin'rokh is back and full of level 85 sexiness... awesome glad I still have my lvl 60 one as well

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Prague, CZE, EU
    Posts
    4,414
    Maybe someone will clear this out for me... I have been following news about Cata, archeology included obviously. From what I hear in videos on youtube it takes shitload of time, like really a lot to even get over 200 skill. Now, that is ok, I like things taking time ingame because I dont sit in Dala but do something. But... In the end all Archeology provides will be some low level epic gear (aka equivalent to todays Titansteel Destroyer) and 2 mounts? Or am I missing something? Like some stat bonus, glyph/gem slot, extra talent (points), nothing like that?

    Because if I am right I dont get why is this even a (secondary) profession . Fishing, Cooking and First Aid obviously provide a lot at high skill and are sure as hell worth skilling up but this doesnt even fit into professions imo...

    edit: overall I am not bashing or badmouthing Archeology and I sure as hell will skill it up because I like having my main totally maxed.

  14. #34
    High Overlord Nilesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Maybe someone will clear this out for me... I have been following news about Cata, archeology included obviously. From what I hear in videos on youtube it takes shitload of time, like really a lot to even get over 200 skill. Now, that is ok, I like things taking time ingame because I dont sit in Dala but do something. But... In the end all Archeology provides will be some low level epic gear (aka equivalent to todays Titansteel Destroyer) and 2 mounts? Or am I missing something? Like some stat bonus, glyph/gem slot, extra talent (points), nothing like that?

    Because if I am right I dont get why is this even a (secondary) profession . Fishing, Cooking and First Aid obviously provide a lot at high skill and are sure as hell worth skilling up but this doesnt even fit into professions imo...

    edit: overall I am not bashing or badmouthing Archeology and I sure as hell will skill it up because I like having my main totally maxed.
    Tonnes of RP and lore and fun time, mounts and items and pets, but on top of this, a recent blue poster said that they are looking into adding a small (fish feast level) buff to use within raids and dungeons.

    So yeah, at the moment nothing raid/buff-wise, but in time, seems we'll get a nice little boost from it.


    Apologies for this out of date signature!

  15. #35
    Archaeology looks interesting...and for someone with 450 fishing on 4 toons....the time requirements and tedium seem doable and I look forward to leveling it...however, I'm really surprised they created such a time sink in this era of "Casualcraft"....I can already here the massive QQ once people realize the effort required...it will either be nerfed to kingdom come in the 1st content patch after release or will be the least utilized aspect of Cata and essentially a bust.

    Considering this was the method of discovery that was going to be used for the path of titans I'm sure 99.9 % of you are now awfully glad that they scrapped that.
    Last edited by Sensa; 2010-09-14 at 09:06 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Caniroth View Post
    I tried archeology on the beta and I have to say that it's quite boring in it's current form. There is nothing wrong with the system itself, but there is with the 3 digs per digsite limit. Instead of working on archeology, you'll be flying around most of the time.

    Example: I started out in the Western Plaguelands and the nearest digsite after that was.. Swamp of Sorrows.

    It takes up loads of time and around skill 80, skill ups are already starting to get rare.

    So, this profession could be great fun, it just requires some tweaking to accomplish that.
    I expect Blizzard want to give us a(nother) reason to fly around and see all the changes to the old world.

  17. #37
    Am I the only one who saw "...perhaps the Soulflayer is not far behind." and thought, are they bringing ZG back or another troll themed instance in Cataclysm? Perhaps with Hakkar involved? I certainly would hope so, I love ZG and ZA and was disappointed to not see one in WotLK.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Adlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    I expect Blizzard want to give us a(nother) reason to fly around and see all the changes to the old world.
    Indeed this is also one of the pluses of this prof... its making you to fly all around the old word

  19. #39
    The Fossilized Raptor mount is currently Horde only.

    Finished it yesterday and now it just sits in my Alliance bag

  20. #40
    I'm looking forward to Archaeology. These updates are nice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •