Two-Hand Sword
    1658 - 3079 Damage Speed 3.80
    (623.3 damage per second)
    +374 Strength
    +512 Stamina
    Durability 120 / 120
    Requires Level 85
    Item Level 359
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 228.
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 228.

Hunter weapon.

I believe it's been stated in the official GC and unofficial Mortalwombat Archaeology guides that the number of dig sites increase once your reach X level, to where you can see up to 16 sites per continent.

Also, could people give the "Blizzard doesn't want me to look different, then why do they keep giving me items that change my appearance?" thing a rest?
    You're being literal with this, Blizzard doesn't want you to be able to modify their armor to make up your own sets, or take cloak A and place an over cloak over it hiding the original look of the cloak.
    They do pay attention to people who RP and want more immersion, and did state they are looking into having something to add a little more variety to your apparel.
    but this is not to be confused with using an item or consumable that changes your appearance as it is not permanent nor changing the actual item's appearance.

Deleted
    I can't imagine what you guys find interesting in archeology. Its just another huge timesink. What could possibly be fun in flying most of the time around on the public transportation lines just to get you some fragments.

If I'm interessted in seeing the world changes, I go there and check it out myself. I dont need a profession to force me to.

Really, to me this profession is so useless and doesn't sound like fun at all. Maybe the first couple digsites will be fun. But not the 251st ...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myf View Post
    There's already enough jerks that hate on Gnomes, don't you start too Boubouille ='(
    /punt

Sorry, I had to.

Deleted
    Cant wait to put my claws on the mounts and pets

Deleted
    HEY! It's Thing's cousion! XD
    Adams Family referance, if you haven't noticed. XP

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xavius View Post
    Archaeology looks very interesting, especially for lore nerds like myself. Plus, I want a skeletal raptor now.

Also, HOW many sockets are there on that Headdress of the First Shaman?

What about Gundrak? And yes, that Hakkar bit is intriguing.
    Well, it's not a raid, I do love Zul'drak in general though but I need my troll dosage in raids!

I suppose time will only tell on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    I can't imagine what you guys find interesting in archeology. Its just another huge timesink. What could possibly be fun in flying most of the time around on the public transportation lines just to get you some fragments.

If I'm interessted in seeing the world changes, I go there and check it out myself. I dont need a profession to force me to.

Really, to me this profession is so useless and doesn't sound like fun at all. Maybe the first couple digsites will be fun. But not the 251st ...
    You're not the only one who's playing WoW, do not forget that... there are tons of people who like to read about lore and stuff... do something here and there with friends and guildies...
    Be glad that Blizzard added epics into it... it was intended as fun proffesion for lore fans and casual games with cosmetic / vanity stuff only.

Well, looks like I'll be donning my hat and whip out my... err... whip in search for phat epix in Cataclysm. Zin'rokh - BoA? Glorious! Judging from the icon, that scimitar also looks mighty sweet. The profession in total looks like it'll be a fantastic alternate progression path across multiple characters.

Deleted
    So Archaeology gives you a mount that was only previously available through an epic once and a life time quest? Sweet, though sucks for all the Scarab lords?

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see anything original or creative in the way they implement Archeology. At this point it looks to me like a very cheap way to make players grind for new epics.

Deleted
    Those BoA items look fun, unfortunately I can't see them all due to a commercial banner stickied to the forum right over it :|

I'm sure all teh hardcore guild will be wanting you to have max skill in archeology. Or you could just NOT do it.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    I'm sure all teh hardcore guild will be wanting you to have max skill in archeology. Or you could just NOT do it.
    So, am I only allowed to post my thoughts about archeology if I like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkheer View Post
    Am i the only one who thought of Thing from the Adams Family when i saw the hand ?
    Evil Dead... 'GIVE ME BACK MY HAND!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by Superstring View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I don't see anything original or creative in the way they implement Archeology. At this point it looks to me like a very cheap way to make players grind for new epics.
    Would you rather idle in Dalaran?

It's a secondary profession, you don't grind it for epics. You don't grind it if you don't like it. It's for people who enjoy traveling around and are interested in fun/lore items. The epics are just a nice surprise, like someone already said before me.

People keep thinking this game is all about epics and gear. I for one love to just fly/run around the world and ejoy the scenery when I'm not doing endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha cool, i love the crawling hand, reminds me of the master hands in Zelda

well i just got a boner for zin'rokh the destroyer of worlds, brings me back to my ZG days im gonna love it.

Wow, finally a comprehensive preview of Archaeology, I really like how they're working it out AND the player-specific dig sites to eliminate swarming is a GREAT idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grithmir View Post
    Would you rather idle in Dalaran?

It's a secondary profession, you don't grind it for epics. You don't grind it if you don't like it. It's for people who enjoy traveling around and are interested in fun/lore items. The epics are just a nice surprise, like someone already said before me.

People keep thinking this game is all about epics and gear. I for one love to just fly/run around the world and ejoy the scenery when I'm not doing endgame.
    All I want to say, I don't see anything exciting about it. At all. They could as well call it Mining 2.0