Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy AQ20 - the new Naxx?

So as stated at the main page on mmoc: "AQ20 has been converted to a 10 player raid"
    I can only guess that this will be like Naxx in WotLK, a desperate attempt to get a raid instance at launch day of the expansion?
    I certainty hope they don't screw up AQ20 like they did with Naxx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diwad View Post
    So as stated at the main page on mmoc: "AQ20 has been converted to a 10 player raid"
    I can only guess that this will be like Naxx in WotLK, a desperate attempt to get a raid instance at launch day of the expansion?
    I certainty hope they don't screw up AQ20 like they did with Naxx
    They've said nothing about it being re-tuned. I think they've just dropped it down to a 10 man to make it more appealing

Wut? How would it be like retuned Naxx? We already know the raids (all brand new) that Cataclysm is launching with. Let's not start absurd rumors that will quickly snowball into QQ storms.

What would be the point of dropping it to 10man? They would have to re-tune it for 10man if level 60s still want to run it.

So unless it's going to be an 85 raid in Cataclysm, I don't see the point of dropping it to 10man.

It just goes to show that a person can read too much into anything. And yeah we know what the raids are that are shipping with the game. No desperate attempts. They know what they are doing
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    What would be the point of dropping it to 10man? They would have to re-tune it for 10man if level 60s still want to run it.

So unless it's going to be an 85 raid in Cataclysm, I don't see the point of dropping it to 10man.
    Probably to get players to actually do it. Its more hassle to get a raid going for 20man to something little to none actually raids. I think its a good idea.
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

Deleted
    People with low mental capacity make wrong assumption

idk if you have ever done AQ-20 but with the new skills etc it would pretty much already be at a 10 player lvl lol
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post

2 considerations:

1. New stats, new talents - perhaps the content would be too easy with 20
    2. Outdated content, not many want to do - finding 20 to do it and succeed too difficult - drop to 10 makes finding a group easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

In my "twink" guild for lvl 60's, we did aq 20 as a 10 man raids, sure it was a little tricky, but the bosses went down as they werent even there. It's a joy! They allready introduced the raids that will come with the expansion so not to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    In my "twink" guild for lvl 60's, we did aq 20 as a 10 man raids, sure it was a little tricky, but the bosses went down as they werent even there. It's a joy! They allready introduced the raids that will come with the expansion so not to worry!
    SS or it didn't happen.

if you REALLY think naxx in wrath was good you should look more at yourself instead of insulting others. though i do agree it wasnt just for getting an instance with launch, it was for all the people who never saw it
    Last edited by Senbo; 2010-09-14 at 09:14 AM. Reason: edit
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

I'd personally prefer it if both AQ20 and AQ40 became 5 man filler content. Just somewhere else to get some XP on the road to 85. They'd need some trash removing or making easily AoE'able though or they'd take forever to complete.

AQ20 is already quite soloable at 80, so I would guess they are either going to re-tune to a level 60 10 man or it could indeed be a 'bonus' 10 man for level 85's.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    if you REALLY think naxx in wrath was good you should look more at yourself instead of insulting others. though i do agree it wasnt just for getting an instance with launch, it was for all the people who never saw it
    Naxx was a great raid! just not in wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Joesgetndown View Post
    SS or it didn't happen.
    They could have 10 lvl 80 kill the boss, while they just took loot (so Fraps or it didn't happen) :P
    Last edited by artemisthemp; 2010-09-14 at 09:18 AM.

*palmface* do you really need 10 80s to run aq20 ?? if you need more than 5 you need to learn how to play wow. (protip you can 5 man black temple so why would they make aq20 a 10 man w/o retuning it to 85? are they going to change bt to a 5 man?)

Deleted
    They're probably dropping it to 10 in order to streamline how guild achievements work. With ZG gone, AQ20 would've been the only 20 man in the game. Thus, it's a lot easier to just drop AQ20 to a 10 man than make new guild achievement rules for a format that only one dungeon uses and (most likely) won't ever be used again.

At least that's what I think. Doubt it's a retune anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velion View Post
    How was Naxx a desperate attempt you blithering idiot, Naxx fit the WoTLK storyline stop jumping on bandwagons makes you look like an insolent fool.
    <3 Have to agree with you. You phrased it so beautifully british too. :P Reminded me of the professor in Sliders.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe because 10mans are available for the realmpoolwide lfd tool and 60s can then actually do this raid

I hope they don't make it a 85 raid, would be so boring if they did. And it's a zone you can solo as a 80.

Deleted
    I dont get it, are they actually trying to make people raid it at lvl60? That doesnt make any sense at all... But they arent making it new 85lvl raid, we would have known it months ago.