Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wanna dominate rated BG's?

Roll a Worgen fire PVP mage with engineering. First of all resilience no longer reduces chance to crit so spamming Scorch while kiting away will procc tons and tons of instant Pyros that will all Ignite! Heres the specc - http://www.wowtal.com/#k=ketU7Xpb.9zi.mage or something very close to that with the focus being a 10% chance to remove all movement impairing effects and sprint away, Worgen sprint, engineering sprint, blink sprint, and of course when cauterize procs you pop your instant Mage Ward which will dissipate from absorbing the fire damage and pop ANOTHER!!! sprint. You will be able to flee when you want, chase down anyone trying to run away, and all while spamming scorch and instant pyros. Thats 5 sprints for those counting, making fire mages amazing in BG's! hope they dont nerf it

Hunter will two-shot your before your first scorch is casted. Say you get a drop on him? He'll two-shot you before your sprint is off GCD caused by you intsa-pyro.

Dont know if you have ever been running alot of premades, but often just sticking togeather as a team, having good dedicated healers and having decent communication is alot more important then having a few bg heros that runs around getting 400hks and 3deaths.

At the end of the day its the team with 3 flags, 1600 points or a dead boss that wins not the one with most damage/healing/kb/hks or anything else.

YEAH, i love to kite Hunters, elementary shamans, shadow priests, warlocks and finally BOOMKINS.

much fun with scorch vs. Starfall or Starfire.

Yes hunters will be one of the true enemies of all 3 speccs of PVP mages, and the rated BG's (arathi basin, warsong gulch, eye of the storm) are about who wins the skirmish at the flags/capture points. Of course in rated BG's team coordination will be a must, and a team of 2500+ players will absolutely roflstomp 1800 players because they will win all the skirmishes because they have the better players. It will come down to arena skills in those battles and CC and individual player skill will mostly determine the outcome of the battles. In these good BG's where PVP skill is what matters, if a player goes 20-0 that means he or she has won every single battle for every single flag they have fought over and will get there rating up. This has quickly turned into indiviual MVP player VS team coordination and basically what im saying is that team coordination in a battle between high rated premade rated BG teams is a GIVEN, so its very obviously going to come down to players playing like there actually in the arena, and using those types of strategies to win skirmishes over flags. Anyway the fire mage specc, race and proffession I mentioned will work very well even in high rated intense close fights, and it will be very fun to play.

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    YEAH, i love to kite Hunters, elementary shamans, shadow priests, warlocks and finally BOOMKINS.

With the way scorch and pyro are scaling id match it against any of those class's especially the easy to silence laughable boomkins. Against alot of those class's mage ward will eat alot of damage and procc a sprint + blink sprint allowing the mage to dip out if being overwhelmed, and ill take the damage output of 2 scorchs a pyro and the ignite damage in that small window of time against any amount of damage any of those class's can throw out in the same 3 and a half globals or so. If you havent played with fire pvp on the PTR yet you have no clue how powerful it is, were not talking about fire pvp on live here. And also dont forget this will be with healers in a 10v10 or 15v15 environment where the fire mages have the ability to dart in and out of combat range at a whim for heals or to evoc or to chase someone running away down. Of course you arent going to be trying to kite the other range class's THATS A GIVEN! why even mention it, mages have plenty of tools to deal with other ranged, and fire mages seem very viable at this point.
    Last edited by chrion; 2010-09-14 at 12:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Hunter will two-shot your before your first scorch is casted. Say you get a drop on him? He'll two-shot you before your sprint is off GCD caused by you intsa-pyro.
    Really? Cause you're going to have over 40k health just in normal dungeon gear. First tier epic PvP gear should put you at 50k-60k minimum. I kinda doubt hunters are going to do 60k burst damage against resilience and the more than triple armor that cloth gets in Cata in one GCD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Really? Cause you're going to have over 40k health just in normal dungeon gear. First tier epic PvP gear should put you at 50k-60k minimum. I kinda doubt hunters are going to do 60k burst damage against resilience and the more than triple armor that cloth gets in Cata in one GCD.
    There's a video on WCM of a lvl 85 hunter wearing t10 using only his pet to kill a lvl 85 paladin with 75k HP.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    This will be so awesome <3

10+ Year Old Account
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    There's a video on WCM of a lvl 85 hunter wearing t10 using only his pet to kill a lvl 85 paladin with 75k HP.
    numbers arent final... thats the last & easiest part of programming...
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Deleted
    Afaik it's bugged right now, and numbers are still being further adjusted. They just wanted to have the mechanics right first.

OT: Everything can look that good on paper. But you are right, fire will be tons of fun in PvP. And while arcane is cearly the spec for arena, I'd argue that fire may very well end up being better in rated BGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's BETA. Things will fucking change.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrion View Post
    Roll a Worgen fire PVP mage with engineering. First of all resilience no longer reduces chance to crit so spamming Scorch while kiting away will procc tons and tons of instant Pyros that will all Ignite! Heres the specc - http://www.wowtal.com/#k=ketU7Xpb.9zi.mage or something very close to that with the focus being a 10% chance to remove all movement impairing effects and sprint away, Worgen sprint, engineering sprint, blink sprint, and of course when cauterize procs you pop your instant Mage Ward which will dissipate from absorbing the fire damage and pop ANOTHER!!! sprint. You will be able to flee when you want, chase down anyone trying to run away, and all while spamming scorch and instant pyros. Thats 5 sprints for those counting, making fire mages amazing in BG's! hope they dont nerf it
    Umm, I have a question about your spec...

The Piercing Ice, why? 3%+ crit chance on your spells, but Critical Mass (Since your spamming scorch), will throw a 5% crit chance debuff on the target, so not only 2% more crit for YOURSELF, but 5% crit for anyone else around you.
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

better plan roll a warrior get friends to be healers=win
    its one of the few things that has never changed in pvp

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr View Post
    Dont know if you have ever been running alot of premades, but often just sticking togeather as a team, having good dedicated healers and having decent communication is alot more important then having a few bg heros that runs around getting 400hks and 3deaths.

At the end of the day its the team with 3 flags, 1600 points or a dead boss that wins not the one with most damage/healing/kb/hks or anything else.
    Well yeah I was about to pipe in my 2c that rated BGs will be much more about teamwork and following the team strat than chasing down opposing players and trying to dominate the KB/HK board, but this bright fellow beat me to it. And it only took 3 replies...well done.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorold View Post
    numbers arent final... thats the last & easiest part of programming...
    It was a joke, but okay, mostly noting that there is a paladin with SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND health, compared to the numbers Dire posted.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    No worries, dk will copy this.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke, but okay, mostly noting that there is a paladin with SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND health, compared to the numbers Dire posted.
    Yeah, but that's a paladin lol.

Plus, it's pretty obvious that Kill Command's damage is poorly tuned right now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post

kite spriest all you want...ill just keep dots up, stayed healed up as I LoS you.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-