Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    This "addon" (it isn't an addon at all, it's more like a data override) would work well (simply extract it into the Data folder), but it's in a ToU grey zone - there are no definite statements on whether sound modification would be ban-able.
    Ye i called it an addon because i couldn't find a better word (danish being my birthlanguage), but since its a grey zone i guess i wont be using it. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    That addon is EXCATLY like what im looking for, but since it haven't been updated for a while i'm abit hesitant to use it. On a sidenote who would i install it? The description is abit vague.
    I used it quite some time now, and i can tell its perfectly save. Its just a bunch of sound files with nothing in it. It just overrides the accual game sounds, without changing any game files, so if you dont like it you just delete everything you copied in there and you are back to normal.
    It is same method as putting Fonts folder in your main wow folder to override all game fonts or other things that affects visual look of game panes.

Ps. if you still unsure, just make a GM ticket asking about if its legal, with the link to the addon.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbq; 2010-09-14 at 10:18 PM.

I still have an open ticket to a GM asking about this, if it's something i can fix ingame without an addon - one can still hope. If im so lucky that i get to talk to the GM in person i will ask him about this "addon", otherwise i'll open a new ticket.
    I'll keep you all updated on the GM status, but im going to bed soon.

Again thanks to all the ppl who have replied in this thread - i really appreciate the attention !

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    So the addon wouldn't work?

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 09:37 PM ----------

Treeston: i LOVE your code and the fact that you took time to make it for me, but i must surrender and hand in the towel. I hate databases.

Zox: so turning of nearby character sound wouldn't affect the boss talk (sound) ?
    No, it doesn't affect bosstalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    Ps. if you still unsure, just make a GM ticket asking about if its legal, with the link to the addon.
    Unless the GM is dumb, they will always advise you not to use it, as the anti-cheating mechanisms might trigger from this and lock your account, and it's gonna be difficult to explain what you did and that you only did this and not some model change as well.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Unless the GM is dumb, they will always advise you not to use it, as the anti-cheating mechanisms might trigger from this and lock your account, and it's gonna be difficult to explain what you did and that you only did this and not some model change as well.
    But if it's legal to change the font in wow this should also be legal. Idk - still haven't recieved an answer on my ticket anyways..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Generally, overrides through folders like \Data and \Font are fine. If they don't want you changing part of it, they just patch WoW to not let you do that (similar to why custom cursors stopped working in the 3.0.8 patch - WoW stopped loading "local" files, but only for the locations of the mouse cursor graphics). As long as you're not creating a custom .MPQ file, that is - they're death on any custom .MPQ files.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-09-16 at 03:18 PM. Reason: It was 3.0.8, not 3.1

Bumping this thread because an addon that can do this would be amazing to have. Please please please make one.

They have two addons for it depending on how much you want muted. Read install instructions carefully.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

This is brillant. I'll try it out tonight thanks a lot