Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Sigh...why do people still think only one person could get the mount?
    many people also think they can get it now

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrevere View Post
    Please learn your info before posting babble. The mount was available to anyone, all 6 million people during Vanilla had access to the mount and could have obtained it as long as you finished the quest line and used the scepter at the gate within 10 hours of AQ opening. Not many people knew about the mount so not many people did the quest line, thus very few people got it. Why do people always think only one person per server can get this? People don't know what they're talking about wanting to prove a point on something seems a bit ironic.
    don't get me wrong, this isn't intended to be egoistic, but i'm glad that i got lootlayer's head. Many of my raid wanted to do it, but honestly they did not see shitload of "work" for it. One more thanks for the help from the allaince and the horde. That bugs were nasty as arms warrior :>
    Last edited by mmoc75936d2629; 2010-09-14 at 02:26 PM.

Please learn your info before posting babble. The mount was available to anyone, all 6 million people during Vanilla had access to the mount and could have obtained it as long as you finished the quest line and used the scepter at the gate within 10 hours of AQ opening. Not many people knew about the mount so not many people did the quest line, thus very few people got it. Why do people always think only one person per server can get this? People don't know what they're talking about wanting to prove a point on something seems a bit ironic.
    Spoken like someone who was not around during the AQ40 opening. The mount was known, the reason very few people actually did it is the requirements for the quest chain were flat out obscene at the time. With no real way to get the rep, you needed to farm parts off of the bugs in Silithus. Most servers funneled the parts to even start the chain to a select few individuals on each side. To say that everybody had a chance to do it is ridiculous. Simply put, the entire chain took weeks and a fair amount of the quests required a 1-per-raid drop. It was literally impossible for more than a few people to finish the chain unless you prevented the first people completing it from opening the gates.

Don't be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Spoken like someone who was not around during the AQ40 opening. The mount was known, the reason very few people actually did it is the requirements for the quest chain were flat out obscene at the time. With no real way to get the rep, you needed to farm parts off of the bugs in Silithus. Most servers funneled the parts to even start the chain to a select few individuals on each side. To say that everybody had a chance to do it is ridiculous. Simply put, the entire chain took weeks and a fair amount of the quests required a 1-per-raid drop. It was literally impossible for more than a few people to finish the chain unless you prevented the first people completing it from opening the gates.

Don't be ignorant.
    And that's why we only have a coupel wrath legendaries per server, which like that quest like required raid drops? our server sucks at progression and we have a guild with 7 shadowmournes. There are servers with a lot of people with the mount. But on topic, there is more than 1 mount on most servers, and it was obtainable by more than one person, that's the point i was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy View Post
    lawl? because its true? thats how it was? lol
    Actually it's not true. Anyone that completed the Scepter and banged the gong within a 10 hour period got both the Scarab Lord title and the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal.

See this quote from wowwiki -> " The first player to bang the Scarab Gong and anyone else who followed within 10 hours, mostly only 1-3 people each server, obtained the Scarab Lord title.

Although it is still possible to complete the quest-line for the Scepter of the Shifting Sands even when the gates are already open, doing so at a later time will not reward the quest-solver with the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal or the Scarab Lord title." Link -. http://www.wowwiki.com/Scarab_Lord

And before you say something like "wowwiki can be editted", unlike you (I'm guessing), I personally (as well as many others that still play and frequent these forums) was in attendance when the gates were opened on my realm, and watched as 4 separate people banged the gong and proceeded to ride around on their mounts. And this was on one of the original realms, not one of the newer realms that had the gates closed and were bugged.
    "I have a hard on for Alexstrasza and I don't want her to die before I can make her my personal mount in both of her forms"* Jet Zeppelin
    "give Paragon o kick in their face with your fist "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post

Don't be ignorant.
    Yep.
    For 1 raid it was one player a week who could start. And they had to have a lot of free time to get up with the first ones, otherwise they wouldn't win the race within those 10 hours. Not to speak of several raid/server encounters.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy View Post
    Ok, as we all know by now, the new Scepter of Az'Aqir mount is a blue bug, which looks exactly like the blue bug mount in AQ40.

So here is what I'm suggesting, either change the model a little bit (or a lot?), or make it red. Because as we all know, red ones go faster!

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 01:05 PM ----------

Oh and another thing, can we please be able to play rock paper scissors with our new little hand pet?
    You are wrong. Things with flames and stripes on them go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You are wrong. Things with flames and stripes on them go faster!
    You need to learn to do math. Flame+stripes=/= faster. It equals a douche owner. The only equation for faster is Flames+Stripes+loud pipes. Common mistake.

Maybe it will be white...

Or the scepter just summons up any random old buggy, and you can get any of yellow, blue, green, or red.

But Reds die faster... So if it were a Red mount you would have to constantly get a new one...

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

Deleted
    And that's why we only have a coupel wrath legendaries per server, which like that quest like required raid drops? our server sucks at progression and we have a guild with 7 shadowmournes. There are servers with a lot of people with the mount. But on topic, there is more than 1 mount on most servers, and it was obtainable by more than one person, that's the point i was making.
    Don't fool yourself and compare vanilla with wotlk.
    If you haven't tried the quest yourself, you have no idea of the effort it took back then to complete the quest. Unless your guild was exellent (complete Bwl within 6 hours), and the members in it had plenty of spare time for farming elite mobs (shitloads of silithus bugs, some demons where lord Kazzak used to be and the chimaeras at the Isle of Dread) and time for optional world bosses which were involved in the scepter quests, the questline was close to impossible.
    Before AQ was released, there wasn't many top raiding guilds like there is today on each server, so more than often did the guilds on both horde and alliance side help the person (who was chosen to do the quest and probably also one of the higher rank players in the server best guild) to complete the quest line in order to release the new content as fast as possible.

Many were correct that it was in theory possible to get more than one Scarab Lord per server, however this wasn't realistic on more than the most populated servers with top 100 guilds (this is just a number I use in order to show the difficulty, not necessarily correct)) on both horde and alliance side.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2010-09-14 at 03:57 PM.

I'd love for this mount to look more like nerubians than silithid. Best case scenario: make it look like a rideable anub'arak. Although unlikely, it would be awesome.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah i remember Vanilla wow it was great back then new adventures to go on many places to see friends to make.....would i go back now.........HELL NO bring on cataclysm

Im ready for this little bug-a-boo to come out ill be doing so much digging azeroth will look like swiss cheese when im done ^.^

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Don't fool yourself and compare vanilla with wotlk.
    If you haven't tried the quest yourself, you have no idea of the effort it took back then to complete the quest. Unless your guild was exellent (complete Bwl within 6 hours), and the members in it had plenty of spare time for farming elite mobs (shitloads of silithus bugs, some demons where lord Kazzak used to be and the chimaeras at the Isle of Dread) and time for optional world bosses which were involved in the scepter quests, the questline was close to impossible.
    Before AQ was released, there wasn't many top raiding guilds like there is today on each server, so more than often did the guilds on both horde and alliance side help the person (who was chosen to do the quest and probably also one of the higher rank players in the server best guild) to complete the quest line in order to release the new content as fast as possible.

Many were correct that it was in theory possible to get more than one Scarab Lord per server, however this wasn't realistic on more than the most populated servers with top 100 guilds (this is just a number I use in order to show the difficulty, not necessarily correct)) on both horde and alliance side.
    I'm from Skywall. We're not the worst but far from top shelf. Even we had two Scarab Lords. I agree with the majority of what you're saying. It was a very difficult quest line that required a strong guild. But even on a server that never saw a single Naxx end-wing boss killed, we had multiple Scarab Lords.

Deleted
    I never saw the big attraction...They're all pretty darn ugly! Prefer my more detailed other mounts

Deleted
    You need to learn to do math. Flame+stripes=/= faster. It equals a douche owner. The only equation for faster is Flames+Stripes+loud pipes. Common mistake.
    Speed Holes!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Because blizzard never re-uses stuff
    Because blizzard never uses placeholders

Please learn your info before posting babble. The mount was available to anyone, all 6 million people during Vanilla had access to the mount and could have obtained it as long as you finished the quest line and used the scepter at the gate within 10 hours of AQ opening. Not many people knew about the mount so not many people did the quest line, thus very few people got it.
    *cough* It's not about knowing about the quest, it's about having a raid guild behind you that helps you get a quest drop from a BWL boss that only one player can loot, it's about farming silithid fragments afterwards to push your Nozdormu rep to neutral, without the rep from AQ trash, of course, and then doing two dozens quests, several of which require at least 5 man, sometimes up to a full raid to complete, including a timed BWL clear (Vael to Nef in 5 hours, short at that time) and visits to Rag and Ony (presuming the guild didn't blow those IDs yet) and again buggy quest drops.
    In the end, only one player per guild had a real chance at getting the mount, and only if their quest progress was less than 10 hours behind the first person on the realm (from another guild) to complete it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.