15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Something I think Blizzard should implement...

Think of it as dual spec but for gems, allowing you have have two sets of gems in the same piece of gear. So for example having a set of gear full of ARP gems and then having that same piece of gear being able to fluctuate gem wise, having lets say AP gems instead. Making it a lot easier for classes like : Hunters, Rogues, Druids and perhaps Warriors too, whose spec in accordance with their gear and gems. Best example would probably be for Hunters: if they have both a pve BM spec and a pve SV or MM spec, they can't use the same gems for all those specs, one set would have to be AP, the other ARP and then AGI.
    I hope this is clear enough to understand. I think it would be a nice thing to include, maybe not for the cata release date, but perhaps for future expansions of cata.
    Be interesting to see what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, would be kind of nice to have. I can see this going in other directions though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a Gem system like the new Glyph system? Just a suggestion. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilte View Post
    I think this is a fantastic idea!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

I have always thought JC's needed the ability to un-socket their own gems. They could even put a daily/3 day CD on it and I would be more than happy.

theres no arp in cata so there u go problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    A glyph like system for gems would be EPIC. I hate buying epic gems every few days for 100g.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilte View Post
    can't really imagine this being implemented.

to the op: socketing items isn't new in blizzard history. The concept of socketing / enhancing an item is it's supposed to be a legit decision on the player's part. If the person makes the wrong choice in gems, they suffer by not getting their gem back. Including an alternate gem set would detract from this goal and cause the player not think is hard about their decision.

Besides it doesn't make much sense...shouldn't be able to swap out a gem inside of an item..its like lodged in there tight man. otherwise it could just fall out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see no real benefit to this change, other than pure laziness of having to gem your gear.