Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For what its worth, the current costs and conversion factor on the PTR is not favorable to stockpiling badges.

I have about 100 frost, and 90 triumph on live, and I didn't have enough justice points to buy anything from the vendors in Dalaran on PTR.

Deleted
    Nobody asked the most important question...

Does this mean Rating Requirements are being lifted for all Gladiator items?

So wait a minute, the emblems we have now will be usable to buy new stuff in Cataclysm?

In other words, we can faceroll current content for new gear in Cataclysm?

So THAT'S what Omar the Test Dragon was all about!

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    things are starting to shape up nicely for cata.. i really cant wait now

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So wait a minute, the emblems we have now will be usable to buy new stuff in Cataclysm?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Certainly looks that way.

Deleted
    I'll hold on to them for now incase theres a conversion rate released. Be nice to get a headstart on the gear but I doubt it's going to be anything amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

This certainly looks like it. But if the example that was given is exactly as it'll be, and gear in cata cost like 1000+ points, it won't be that good, unless you've been saving emblems for weeks on end without spending them. Let's just wait until tomorrow for the conversion rates.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    So, as an example: You got 15,000 Triumph Points from raiding Naxxramas. Ulduar is launched, and your 15,000 Triumph Points, just all turned into Hero Points. You got 0 Triumph Points, and can only earn them in Ulduar now. They will give us warning obviously, so we can spend em beforehand likely.
    We likely won't even NEED notice. Why not? Because anything we could buy with Triumph points will shift over to being purchased with Hero points at the same time the currency shift happens. We can still buy it all even if we miss the date.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Nobody asked the most important question...

Does this mean Rating Requirements are being lifted for all Gladiator items?
    I was wondering the same thing, was considering farming out a wrathful set for looks and for leveling for the higher stam values.

i bet this means that we'll all be able to purchase tier 10 by doing heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    -_- NO, the emblems now will not work on cata gear. those use Hero and Triumph Points. Justice Points are for Wrath gear, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendol View Post
    For what its worth, the current costs and conversion factor on the PTR is not favorable to stockpiling badges.

I have about 100 frost, and 90 triumph on live, and I didn't have enough justice points to buy anything from the vendors in Dalaran on PTR.
    Yep. I went to the vendors to purchase some heirlooms for one of my alts. On live I would have had more than enough badges to get a few pieces. On the PTR I had 240 or so Justice points. I couldn't purchase a single Heirloom item with that.

So I guess buy up stuff you want now before they are converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyoss View Post
    -_- NO, the emblems now will not work on cata gear. those use Hero and Triumph Points. Justice Points are for Wrath gear, clearly.
    I believe you missed this part of the blue post:

"One change of note since that original announcement is that we've changed the name of the low-tier PvE currency from Hero Points to Justice Points."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyoss View Post

PvE
    Justice Points -- Low-tier, easier-to-get PVE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, but no cap to how quickly you can earn them. Earned from most dungeons. (most like the current Emblem of Triumph)
    Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids. (most like the current Emblem of Frost)

taken from http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=24401796793

nuff said?

Quote Originally Posted by Vykrn View Post
    They are the lower level of the two new 'emblems' so things similar to items you can currently buy for triumph
    thought as much

15+ Year Old Account
    some good stuff i dont have many old badges but should still get a small profit from them atleast

Has anyone found out what happens to all the Wintergrasp Commendation people have, will they just give a lower amount of the "new honor points"?

Would it be worth while to convert all stone keeper shards into these for worgen/goblin alts if they do in fact give the new honor points?
    Last edited by Tehwildcard; 2010-09-14 at 05:00 PM.

Time to turn in emblems for BoA gear, cuz soon we won't have the currency to buy them.

All items that currently require say heroism badges will almost certainly be available for an amount of Justice points. I seriously doubt that you'll be unable to buy heirloom gear / gems / whatever when this patch.

OT: Good idea, I'm just waiting to see the conversion rates to work out if it's worth grinding out some Triumph (for easy gold).

Having written that, if everything's working off "Justice Points" now, does that mean I'll have a head start on the lowbie Cata gear?