So, a level 85 Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds?

Then what is going to happen to the level 60 version of Zin'rokh that is already in the game?

Would it get converted into a level 85 BoA weapon?
    Would they co-exist?
    Would it be altered?
    Would it be removed and become a feat of strength?

I'm curious as to what Blizzard is going do with it, or if they're just going to ignore it. I hardly think they would exchange it for the level 85 version though.

ZG is being removed as a raid, so the lv 60 Zin'rokh will likely be removed as well.

they didnt remove the items that people have from 60 onyxia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larch View Post
    ZG is being removed as a raid, so the lv 60 Zin'rokh will likely be removed as well.
    There are still going to be a lot of people who have the old Zin'Rokh in their bags/bank.

I assume the old sword will just co-exist with the new one, it'll have a different itemid so it's definitely possible.

It would make no sense to just auto-upgrade it, as this would give people who have the old sword an advantage. Removing it seems pointless too.

Most likely, it will likely stay in your bags as a level 60 sword. It won't be available any more in game, like old naxx items.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    The item itself will not disappear out of your bags obviously. I think what Larch was saying is that is will disappear as a possible drop, aka will no longer be on any loot tables, and the only obtainable version will be the new archaeology one.

If you already have the level 60 version you will keep it.
    After cataclysm hits, you cannot obtain the level 60 version.

Similar to the greatstaff of the Guardian. If you had it before wrath hit you got to keep it. After Wrath hit it was no longer obtainable.

However, unlike the greatstaff which is a legendary, Zin'rokh is just an epic. I doubt you would get a FOS for having an epic.

However a fury warrior could in theory dual wield both versions of Zin'rokh.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The item itself will not disappear out of your bags obviously. I think what Larch was saying is that is will disappear as a possible drop, aka will no longer be on any loot tables, and the only obtainable version will be the new archaeology one.
    Yes, thought of the item remaining with those who owned it as a given. Blizzard isnt in the habit of removing items.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    This. This I would pay good money to see. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    However, unlike the greatstaff which is a legendary, Zin'rokh is just an epic. I doubt you would get a FOS for having an epic.

They might make one for having both. Something alluding to paradoxa.

Why would they give FOS-status to some 60epic that isnt even hard to get / rare-drop. Only because it gets removed?

you will probably get a fos that you completed zg before it was removed, like they did with lvl 60 onyxia

I actually have a level 60 and level 80 Onyxia head in my bank.

Wait, is that the same model as the old one?

Deleted
    It's not because they share the same name (and the same model ?) that they are considered by the game as one item.

As with Onyxia 60/80 items, they can (and they will) coexist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    I still have her level 60 head in my bank and the level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, all the items from old naxx were never removed, just made unobtainable with the adjustments made to the raid instance. The item ID's still exist in the database, I think there are still people out there with old naxx gear, somewhere.

I managed to get the old Zin'Rohk on my death knight, would be nice to have some sort of "time-lapse" achievement for obtaining both.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

I believe the original Zin'rokh is not even unique, so if you got two, you can dual-wield it as a fury warrior. Or it and it's Zul'Aman counterpart. Very tempting for Troll warriors.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I believe the original Zin'rokh is not even unique
    It is, however, its quite cool to see Warriors using Zin'Rokh and the one from ZA :>
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

A blade with such an awesome name should be upgraded from time to time I think, especially one with such a bold claim as to have destroyed worlds. If that fact is true then even more so!
    "Haunter used MEAN LOOK!"