Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    My only beef is that the troll mohawk looks like it was made from 2 layers of cardboard that were cut out with a kitchen knife; really lacking in texture. The white mohawk on the cats look like un-textured objects since they are pitch white with a bit of gray..
    This is a problem with the Troll player model too, as I'm assuming it's where they snatched that from. Just goes to show how badly the original player models need an update. Plus, the Tauren Cat form has such nice hair, it bounces up and down when you run, I don't see why they wouldn't make new hair for the Troll cat form as well.
    I looked at one of the guy's edits (sitting tiger comparison) and it just blows the Blizzard one out of water. Now, the current ones don't look bad, but you're right, in comparison to the others they just don't look polished, and look more like an amalgam of older models instead of a fresh new model like the others.

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I love yours, blue elmo ftw
    That's the Cookie Monster, not some palette-swap. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    My ONLY problem with Troll Forms is the Mohawk looks almost like a cut and paste job from the troll hair style which gives the appearance of low poly count. Even with that being considered i still find it the best of the 4 and imo I think Worgens are the worst.

I think the textures could be a bit more refined, but I think the overall design is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted snake forms since the trolls seem to worship reptiles WAY more, but considering I like the designs we have. Although, I'm in agreement about the textures.....they need work.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It looks great, it just needs adjustments.

-The hair texture sucks, it looks too fake compared to the sleek texture on the other.

-The hair-braids are bugged

-The face isn't nearly as detailed as the others.

-The 2-D belt around the waist ruins the look, it should either be 3D or gone.

-And I know the exotic color choices are nice and all, but some, like the one in the picture, just suck. Yellow and gray? Hur? Troll's have nearly every color of the rainbow as possibility for their character's actual hair color, why not extend more to the cat/bear forms that actually look remotely nice? The blue and green ones are nice, though.

You said it looks great and then named off everything that makes it look bad.

The problem with the form is that on its own, its okay. Compared to the other race's forms, its really pretty crappy looking, at least in the screenshots so far. I don't really know why people are looking at the troll forms and going, " WOW SO AWESOME! " It just seems like you're settling for something that is obviously of lesser quality than the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they look cool, Im not a fan of the yellow hair'd one, though.
    I think they should take off that 'belt' or make it look like it's not painted on.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ne-d2ycx2j.jpg
    this is from the linked thread, i think its a pretty big improvement, but im going to be troll druid regardless, but i think they just need to (like he said on the forum) make the form a little more similar to troll bear, i like the bear colors more, the coat isnt as dull and it looks all together more polished.

also- i can't wait for troll chicken form. and hopefully troll specific ancients.

Worgen kitty form looks the best.

Why does everyone hate it the troll one has the must details.

As it stands right now the troll druid form is just the night elf one recolored with stripes added and has the troll player mohawk slapped on its head, tusks that are probably cut right off a troll player model, and some earrings. It looks like it took a lot, lot less effort than the other 3. Hopefully they fix it up some before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it fits the troll style. Do not see a problem with it
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    As it stands right now the troll druid form is just the night elf one recolored with stripes added and has the troll player mohawk slapped on its head, tusks that are probably cut right off a troll player model, and some earrings. It looks like it took a lot, lot less effort than the other 3. Hopefully they fix it up some before release.
    Troll and Nelf cat forms look nothing alike. O_o
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    I recently was searching the General Discussion on the Beta Forum and came across a post mentioning that Troll Cat Form needs an update.

It had a link to the EU Forum and here's what I found: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....74499526&sid=1

Pretty neat and easy fixes I must say seeing how awful Troll kitties look next to the other three races.
    I was so thrilled when I heard that Trolls could be druids in Cata.

When I saw the forms I scratched the idea of playing one. THE FORMS ARE HORRIBLE.

- The textures are sub-sub par, the new cobblestone floors in SW have a better resolution that what troll druid forms have

- The colour scheme is horrendous, there is no complementarity between the hair and fur colours, it looks like it was painted by and autistic toddler

I expect Troll Moonkin Form to be as equally retarded as Cat and Bear.

As it stands now, I will never play a troll druid. The forms make me want to kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    The only issue I have with the Troll Druid forms, really, is the color coordination.

I don't mind the radioactive kool-aid colors, but whoever stuck them on there fails at basic color theory. If they matched up the mohawk colors and the fur colors, the models would look a lot better IMO.
    If I'm not mistaken - the colors were chosen for lore(lol) reasons. I agree they could use some polish but they are pretty much fine as they are. If you don't like trolls you won't like their forms.

Im faction changing my night elf to troll too ^^ troll's be flippin away mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderwild View Post
    The problem with the form is that on its own, its okay. Compared to the other race's forms, its really pretty crappy looking, at least in the screenshots so far. I don't really know why people are looking at the troll forms and going, " WOW SO AWESOME! " It just seems like you're settling for something that is obviously of lesser quality than the rest.
    Pretty much this. I just want it to be up to par with the other three races. As it stands, it's the worst in the four thus far.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

actually its A wolf that turns into a human or a cat

and how is a wolf that turns into a cat any worse than a Simian that turns into a cat

the troll forms just look like the textures are a little unfinished. Overall they are good, but still needs a good polish to make everything look more realistic, or as realistic as a game can get.
    Ya dangus

Quote Originally Posted by Tempos View Post
    the troll forms just look like the textures are a little unfinished. Overall they are good, but still needs a good polish to make everything look more realistic, or as realistic as a game can get.
    That's what I'm saying. They aren't bad bad, but could use some minor tweaking (like in the Forum post I linked).
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Deleted
    Updated textures in the mane/hair and face are surely needed compared to the other cat forms and why they have Night Elf eyebrows is just a riddle to me...