Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, keep in mind that Flash of Light is going to be filling a very different niche in the expansion. Generally, you would use it if someone needs a heal in the next 1.5 seconds or they will die, and Holy Shock is on cooldown. Since you can't always depend on Holy Shock, you need a baseline fast yet expensive heal to fill that role. It isn't intended to be something you use if you don't need to any more.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    I do not think the faster cast of Flash of Light is worth the huge mana cost. How often are you using Flash of Light when healing in instances? Surely not more than one-two casts per run?
    I actually use it quite a lot, with HL and HS its very good. now for raiding I don't know how I would heal it since 1) don't have all the spells yet and 2) haven't done enough instances on ptr to get everything down pat. (only done 2)

Deleted
    I understand a lot of people dont like the mana cost of Flash of light. From a raid perspective , it probably would be last on my list as an emergency heal because the mana cost is so high.What I have listed above is experience based on 5 mans only, and I still think its useful in a 5 man environment to save someone's butt irrespective of its high mana cost.I may be wrong about this , but dont shamans have a similar heal with a high mana cost as well on beta?
    Last edited by mmoc9f34e75cad; 2010-09-15 at 07:24 AM.

All healing classes do, it's part of the basic healing toolkit now.

Priests have Flash Heal, Heal and Greater Heal. Paladins get Flash of Light, Holy Light and Divine Light.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm more interested in knowing what's our regen like on ptr/beta. With the huge nerfs to plea and seal of wisdom, it looks like we'll start to manage our mana and possibly even hold back on healing so that we wont have to risk going oom, which in turn could provoke lots of rage from our tanks and DPS cause hey we're paladins, we're brutal regen monsters: "lol its the first time i see a paladin go oom lol nub"

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    Ran some instances again today and got lucky with some drops. Currently in 5-6 piece ilevel 333 (normal 85 dungeon drops), i can safely say that mana isnt an issue in 5 man normals , but I cant comment regarding raids/heroics.I didnt even have to pop DP during any of the trash/bosses I ran today.Just to clarify, you still need to watch your mana pool very closely and you cant spam spells like you do now, dont think any healing class can. But I dont think I ran oom even once after the upgrades.
    Last edited by mmoc9f34e75cad; 2010-09-15 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    My problem with FoL is that it doesn't sound any good, you will use it when someone needs a quick heal.
    As far as I understand it would be better to Holy Shock them fast or have your 'hasted' Holy Light.
    See when I first started healing , I was thinking along similar lines.Was running halls of Origination and there are a lot of AOE bosses there.On this one boss for example, I had zero holy power, holy shock on CD with no daybreak proc and due to circumstance the mage couldnt get within 10 yards of me for my Holy radiance.He was really low on health and neither a Holy Light or Divine Light would have been quick to heal him.Personally I dont like the idea of a damn expensive FOL either.But i guess its one of the examples of when I found it useful.

Anyone on the beta been able to use the addons like healbot and such. I know most healers have gotten really used to using those. I wonder if they will need massive updating to work in cata ?

Deleted
    Interesting to see that FoL has gone from a spam for eternity spell to one that isnt mana efficient (ive not been on beta btw), also interested in how leveling as Holy went sir?

Deleted
    Lets just say levelling as holy was slow , but more fun thanks to talents like denounce etc . Dont expect to kill as quickly as dps specs.Blizzard has introduced their own version of grid in game, and its pretty awesome. Dont know how it will work for raid debuffs etc, but i am leaning to sticking with blizz's UI on cata launch if they conitnue to improve it.If someone could post a screeny it would be awesome.1 minor thing i forgot to mention earlier when it comes to dispels. In cataclysm u can cast cleanse on a target which doesnt have any debuffs affecting it and waste mana unlike now where it says "nothing to dispel".
    Last edited by mmoc9f34e75cad; 2010-09-15 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivolias View Post
    Anyone on the beta been able to use the addons like healbot and such. I know most healers have gotten really used to using those. I wonder if they will need massive updating to work in cata ?
    A note on this actually, the standard Party interface in the Beta had really been improved massively, it is a lot more like Grid now, moveable easily and showing incoming healing as well as all the debuffs you need to know about. With simple Mouseover macros it is a lot easier to heal than the current Party frames.

edit: Sorry, missed Luminaire's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    A note on this actually, the standard Party interface in the Beta had really been improved massively, it is a lot more like Grid now, moveable easily and showing incoming healing as well as all the debuffs you need to know about. With simple Mouseover macros it is a lot easier to heal than the current Party frames.

edit: Sorry, missed Luminaire's post.

I have been using the new UI in the ptr, I found a working version of clique it is a life save, but I have noticed that the 5th member of the party is kinda buggy and I have to directly heal em. Prolly are you having the same problem with mouse over. I mean i have to set my 5th member to focus just to heal em.

just an observation...I miss my vuh-do

Deleted
    Never used clique before so cant really help you there , but like Abandon said it works awesome with just simple mouse over macros and havent experienced any bugs yet on Blizzard's grid UI while using mouse over macros.

Maybe that's just too much indepth now but if you can answer them, I'll be happy as orange-pie:

- Does the WoW-"grid" show raidicons (you know skull, square - that stuff)
    - Can I configure the frames to show selected buffs of mine (like beacon, shields, hands etc.)
    - can i configure the frames to only show debuffs i can dispell
    - has it something like the "dots" grid has (the small squares in the corners to indicate certain circumstances)

Thanks in advance
    Fiercon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Maybe that's just too much indepth now but if you can answer them, I'll be happy as orange-pie:

- Can I configure the frames to show selected buffs of mine (like beacon, shields, hands etc.)
    - has it something like the "dots" grid has (the small squares in the corners to indicate certain circumstances)

Thanks in advance
    Fiercon
    It does not seem to be this customizable. If it is I have yet to find the menu for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post

Thanks in advance
    Fiercon
    -Not yet but its too early to tell. The grid frames on beta is constantly getting new updates. Last week i dont think i could even see health bars properly.
    - Well sort of. It shows buffs and debuffs though i dont think you can customise the UI on which side of the box u want the select buffs and debuffs to be indicated nor can u control which buffs will be shown.But its not fully customizable in this aspect like grid.
    -Yes
    -Yes for aggro and debuffs i think.
    Last edited by mmoc9f34e75cad; 2010-09-15 at 02:48 PM.

I'm sure we'll get used to the new toolbox. In truth i'm really glad that holy paladins have a more complete set of spells that they can utilize and I am really hoping that we can be considered acceptable raid and tank healers because I enjoy doing both. I suppose I will miss unending spamming of FoL. However I am trying to stay positive that by raid time paladins will be capable just like all the other clases. I'm more concerned about my priest the holy tree seems to be very much the same as before and why on earth they kept lightwell arguably the most useless talent in WoTLK you would have thought this a prime opportunity to remove it and yet here it is in the currrent tree build.

Back to paladins i'm glad we have some damage talents as well it will make pvp and leveling alot more interesting than leveling as ret and healing in holy I think.

Deleted
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1C8Lm1nv.9zi.paladin

This is roughly the holy pala levelling spec i used for 80-85 with the last 5 points in Eternal glory and Rule of Law. Didnt really have holy power problem due the blessed life and used to alternate spending holy power on Inquisition for damage and healing myself with world of glory when needed. It worked well till 84 or so .Then i entered twilight highlinds when undergeared (since level 83-85 zones dont have quest rewards on beta atm)and started using my other heals on myself a lot more , but till then i ussually just healed myself using word of glory.Its what i preferred but to each his own as far as the levelling spec is concerned .

Edit: Just make sure you have a hit trinket or rings while levelling else it will be extra slow.
    Last edited by mmoc9f34e75cad; 2010-09-17 at 03:22 PM.

Hi, there's only one thing I cannot find a place for: Divine Light. I did some testing on PTR, trying to find where all the heals fit in. Holy Light is light-weight and cheap. Flash of Light is big HPS for big cost. Holy Shock sits nicely in the middle, in view of HPS and HPM. But Divine Light is just sooooo close to Flash of Light in its HPS and HPM that I find no reason for it. For the same reason they could have made 10 heals, each 10% from each other in HPM and HPS.

The "swap" of HoL and FoL in mana-efficiency in output feels quite right, it does make sense for the emergency heal to be fast and big but expensive and the "filler" to be slow, decent output and cheap. Holy Shock is better than it was, Word of Glory... well, you just gotta remember to use it it's not awesome, but it's "free". For the "magic torch" AoE I have yet to find a nice way of using it and looking forward to the other AoE at 83.