Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That would be so cool if some factions with Horde or Alliance races joined the opposite faction. Like Alterac became the Horde aligned.

Even more spices to Horde-Alliance conflict.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be insane for the Alliance to try and retake Alterac. It's dead smack in the middle of Lordaeron with Forsaken territory surrounding all sides of it's borders.

If the Alliance rebuilds any of the kingdoms, it should be Stromgarde to stop the Forsaken war machine from advancing south.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It would be glorious for the Kul Tiras to make their return, and avenge Daelin Proudmoores death!
    How? Attacking Orgrimmar and getting crushed?

---------- Post added 2010-09-15 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MeierLink View Post

Stromgarde - The alliance controlled 1/3 of the city in vanilla, in cataclysm it will be most cool thing EVAR the alliance get the full city back, rebuild, and have Danath Trollbane rulling the city back. That was hinted by both Danath in outland and Skuerto in vanilla.

Still my most hopes is about stromgarde it will be great see stromgarde like a Theramore in northern eastern kingdoms, still hope that at least blizzard trow to us this bone.
    What do you mean by the "full city back"? A quest hub with an inn and a FP? Sure - that would be cool to see. The folks from Refuge Point could finally leave their ditch.

City like in Theramore? Then there's an issue. I guess the Forsaken could move into Durnholde Keep, drive the Dwarves out of Dun Garok and there could be quests on both sides regarding the Wall.

The Revantusks could join the Horde and Garrosh helps them retake Jintha'alor in the Hinterlands, giving the Horde a fair sized city in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post

What do you mean by the "full city back"? A quest hub with an inn and a FP? Sure - that would be cool to see. The folks from Refuge Point could finally leave their ditch.

City like in Theramore? Then there's an issue. I guess the Forsaken could move into Durnholde Keep, drive the Dwarves out of Dun Garok and there could be quests on both sides regarding the Wall.

The Revantusks could join the Horde and Garrosh helps them retake Jintha'alor in the Hinterlands, giving the Horde a fair sized city in the area.
    Durnholde is full of elite elementals, and Dun Garok is filled with dwarf ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Wasn't Deathwing, aka Lord Prestor, once the king of Alterac?
    No he claimed he was part of the Alterac bloodline (though that was proved false). He tried to get King Terenas to declare war on Alterac and he also tried to marry King Terenas' daughter. That way he could claim King of Alterac when Lordaeron won the war and claim King of Lordaeron when Terenas past away. He wasn't ever able to finish his plan though.

Deleted
    They ve hinted that they are going to include Kul tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arathor is not one of the 7 Kingdoms, that was the original human empire from wich all the other human kingdoms were born. It was later renamed to Stromgarde. The 7 are:

Alterac - Destroyed
    Lordaeron - Destroyed and zombified
    Azeroth - Destroyed, rebuilt and renamed into Stormwind
    Dalaran - Destroyed, rebuilt and ballooned
    Stromgarde - Almost Destroyed, just waiting for someone to pull the plugs
    Gilneas - Almost destroyed by zombies and furries
    Kul Tiras - Forgotten by Blizzard

The last 3 wars were hard on them pink skins...

I hope Blizzard finally remembers about them Kul Tiras now, altough if they didn't wall themselves up like Gilneas did, then I don't think there's going to be a lot left there when we find it.

Stromgarde = Arathor. Not literally but yeah.

The alliance retake the fortress in the Barrens don't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Northwatch Hold? It was never destroyed. It was set up by Theramore's soldiers as their northernmost garrison before Rachet and Durotar. The Horde Quest that has you slaughter soldiers, etc. was just to weaken the Fort but it was never actually destroyed. It becomes a quest hub in Cataclysm with a Flight Path and everything. According to the book Cycle of Hatred the Horde allow the fort to stay as-is but then again the timeline is between WCIII and the start of WoW.

...I have Arthas by Christie Golden and it's actually hinted she survived. We know Terenas was killed by Arthas and the Queen probably died during Lordaeron's fall but there was no indication Calia was even in Lordaeron when Arthas returned from Northrend. There's also that NPC in Theramore named Calia Hastings who bears a striking resemblance to the Princess of Lordaeron. While doubtful her existence would change anything now it would be nice if Blizz officially settled the matter regarding her.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Northwatch Hold is not one of the 7 kingdoms, it's not even a kingdom to start with, it's just a fortress.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are retaking the re land... they are just dead now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post

As a player of the Horde, I would much rather see the takeover of Alterac City for the Horde in the area. Like with the Forsaken had done to Galen, they could do to Aiden Perenold leading a Forsaken Alterac.

I also think that Durnholde might be going to the Horde after the quests in Hillsbrad. I am probably wrong; but, I remember seeing questing from the Syndicate Tower taken by the Horde now relates to capturing Durnhold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said that.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I'm personally very interested in the lore behind the Seven Human Kingdoms of Azeroth and I was kinda sad to see that they were given next to no recognition during Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK.

Now, with the advent of Cataclysm and the re-rise of Gilneas, I'm kinda hoping that we'll see similar rebirths in the other human nations.

Obviously, it's going to be hard for the Kingdom of Lordaeron to take back it's rightful capital city - in part due to the obvious (Forsaken sits on that bitch these days) and that, well, there's no one left in the royal family of Lordaeron to claim it. But the smaller nations, such as Alterac and Arathor deserve some fresh resurrection.

Stromgarde is a beautiful fortress that sits on one of the nicest zones in the game - I would love to see the House of Arathor active again.

Anyway, to my discussion-starter - Are any of you interested in the re-birth of old nations, such as Arathor and Alterac - or even the implementation of existing ones - such as Kul'tiras? Don't limit your chain of thought to human nations though, it'd be fun to see what people would wanna see from other perspectives.
    Arthas's sister Calia is still alive last that I heard. She would be the rightful heir to Lordaeron. Danath could come back from Outlands to reclaim Stromgarde. Kul Tiras is MIA until some future expac. Gilneas is lost (well kind of since the city just sits there deserted). Alterac, who knows about that, it is just kind of left rotting there. Dalaran and Stormwind will remain roughly the same.

Well of the Seven only Stormwind remains in it's original constitution. Gilnaes exists as a Nation of People but it's lands are ransacked and it's population is in diaspora.

Theramore is a new Kingdom, though a vassal of Stormwind.

Stromgarde could come back but I doubt Metzen will write it that way, his leanings are well known.

Alterac to could have a resurgence.

And in the Plaugelands it's possible Tirion could resettle some lands with a neutral Argent lead country.

Finally Dalaran is back but is Neutral.

Deleted
    Filthy Kirin Tor. Archimonde and Arthas killed of those few who had a spine.