Cataclysm Open Beta!

I shit you not! well maybe a little bit... its PTR files merged with Beta

I downloaded Cataclysm optimistically a few weeks back, and just for shiggles, i tried logging in, low and behold, I got in, but what I saw was the 4.0 PTR Realmlist

Now none of the new race/class combos and worgen/goblins work (when I tried making them I got a Failure message), so i settled with making a humble undead rogue, Deathknell was the same, but as soon as I got out I saw the Calston estate, the new, gothic architectural Brill and the Plaguewagon filled warzone of Silverpine forest, I asked in /1 if anyone else saw these changes, everyone else said no, there are no geographical changes in the PTR build.

So yea, too see the new world changes download the Cata Beta, login with your usual details for PTR, and volia!

It is buggy, IE it looks like the PTR and Beta are competeing/running together so some of the npcs are flying round or walking in the ground like they're in their old place from Vanilla.
    Last edited by willtron; 2010-09-15 at 12:56 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow if that's true this could get bad fast.

Fuck I can not write a post with no mistakes to save my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will laugh at anyone who downloads the entire beta client to do this when Blizzard fixes it.

Any screen shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    Any screen shots?
    yea I can get them for you, not sure how to prove im not lying and it is normal Beta though :/ i'll try and find some glitches for you
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds lol.

Can't be assed trying it though.

Pretty sure this is a troll. The Cataclysm Beta client just functions also as the client for the PTR. I've been on beta for a few weeks but when PTR dropped the PTR servers just suddenly became available to log into under the realm list. I sincerely doubt you are actually on the beta servers.

I can confirm this working, as in, you can log onto the ptr with a beta client and see the new world. Just change the realmlist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhien View Post
    Pretty sure this is a troll. The Cataclysm Beta client just functions also as the client for the PTR. I've been on beta for a few weeks but when PTR dropped the PTR servers just suddenly became available to log into under the realm list. I sincerely doubt you are actually on the beta servers.
    It's not the beta servers. It's the beta client using the beta terrain data on the PTR realms.

Deleted
    I would suspect they gonna fix this really fast. A shame, I would like to try it out though, but knowing my luck it's fixed the moment I try to log in.

15+ Year Old Account
    This subject is considered illegal until I personally see a Blue post stating that this is allowed.
    Until then, any thread bringing up advice on how to cheat, bug out, or exploit anything related to World of Warcraft will be locked on sight.

Edit: If this was the PTR you were talking about:
    There are other threads regarding this subject, so the Lock will not be removed.
    Dawwwwwww