Thread: Enhance Mastery

Enhance Mastery

Ok, this is not a QQ post, it is a suggestion post, and something I'll prolly put on the WoW forums if it gets roughly good attention here.

Currently, the Mastery for Enhance shammies is "Elemental Spellpower" which translates Mastery into Spellpower for our offensive spells.

I believe this fails blizzards 2 ideas about mastery.

1. It would be a "fun" stat that is good but not necessary extremely powerful.
    2. It shouldn't be something that another stat is gained from. {More on this later}

First up, how it fails 1. Basically, it is a static buff, something that will always be up, and there for has a flavor of equip it and forget. It dosn't change how we play, it dosn't make the fights we are in "funner" by having a new mechanic. i.e. Arcane Mages, their mastery grants them bonus spellpower based on Available mana. More mana equals more Spell Power. While this is a mechanic "sorta" like our Enhancement bonus, the mechanics built into make Arcane pretty much completely rebuild their thought rotations to maximize their mana pool. Next up, Elemental Shammies, Elemental Overload, this truly is an interesting ability. Increases chance of your Elemental Overload to trigger, giving a sudden extra attack at 50% damage and 0 threat. This, while not being a super strong attack, is a "fun" mechanic.

Secondly, how it fails 2. Basically, what it breaks down to, our Mastery will be comparable to stacking Spell Power or Attack Power. Mostly because, while we possibly may get more spell power damage from mastery, we get no Healing spell power. While this is not a huge loss in any raiding enhance shammies. This can cripple PvP for an already crippled spec / class.

Now, this would be QQ if I said "BLIZZARD, FIX THIS NOW!!!" and other jargon which I honestly don't understand. Instead, here is an idea.

1st.. "Nerf" all weapon enchants. I don't actually mean Nerf them, just change how they work.

Basically, they would all operate off a system very similar to Windfury.
    i.e.

Regardless of weapon, all % chances are based on Hard %, not ppm that many of Blizzards trinkets, abilities, and feats are set up on.

Flametounge Weapon, Has a 20% chance to deal 5x the amount of damage it deals now, with an internal 3 sec CD. It will scale off Spell Power and speed of weapon but not Attack Power at all. Grants addtional X% Spell Power{based off Mastery}
    Windfury Weapon, Has a 20% chance to deal Weapon damage + X Attack Power twice. Internal CD of 3sec, Based off Attack Power Only, Grants addtional X% Attack Power{based off Mastery}(bsically how it works now}
    Frostbrand Weapon, Has a 20% chance to deal 2x Ice Damage it deals now. Scales off 1/3 Attack Power + 2/3 Spell Power * Weapon Speed. 3s internal CD (No idea what the proc rate now is} Grants addtional X% Attack Power and Spell Power{based off Mastery}, applies -20% - X% snaring effect, stacks 2 times, also reduces the effects of healing on the target by 25%.
    Earthliving Weapon, Has a 20% chance to Heal your target for an addional X% over 6 seconds to the target of your heal. internal 3 sec CD, cannot proc off AoE heals, Grants addtional X% Spell Power to healing{based off Mastery}.

Mastery Stat would affect the weapons thusly
    Elemental Weapon Masteries
    "Increases the proc rate, reduces the Internal CD, and increases the damage of your Weapon procs by X%"

Now let me just give an idea on this, Basically, it would do 2 things, 1, make Shaman mastery unique, instead of something that is just another spell power buff. 2. It changes what Shammies will stack in a PvE setting. It would allow individuals to spec and gem in a wide variety of ways based off their gear / level of progression. PvP would pretty much always be Windfury / Frostbrand enchant setup, but would make a possible Frostbrand x2 enchant a possibliity. That said, I know nothing about PvPing as Enhance and being "successful". So I am not bout to start setting up PvP abilities.

I understand that Blizz is gonna launch Cata pretty much setup how it is now, but that dosn't mean it cannot be added at a later date. It just feels like the Mastery Stat is extremely "Lack-Luster" stat for Enhance Shammies, especially with how much gear you are gonna get, and I would honestly hate to just end up reforging every thing I get just cause My class dosn't make good use of it.

This is just an idea, feel free to talk about it if you wish, just try to be constructive.

I appologize about misspells, I R Tired

I agree that our Mastery is a little bland, but we already have so much crap to pay attention to I could honestly care less. But if they make it a mastery that doesn't require us to have a 10th power aura, I'm game.

Pulling it from MMO Champion, the Current Enhance Shammy Mastery is

Enhanced Elements
    Increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage done by 20%. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%

Coppied Directly from the Shaman Page.

No. Enhance doesn't need even more RNG, and the current mastery is a lot more interesting than some of the others. (+% Spell Damage is boring)

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I personally think malestorm weapon should be the enhance mastery with each point of mastery increasing the chance to gain a charge, and its base proc rate should be roughly what it is now.

The mastery increases elemental damage(aka fire, frost, nature) not spell power, they are two diferent things. And I agree its boring.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleg View Post
    The mastery increases elemental damage(aka fire, frost, nature) not spell power, they are two diferent things. And I agree its boring.
    Sadly, this is basically a Spell Power bonus to damage. Yes, it says Fire, Frost, Nature.. but how many spells do we have that are Shadow, Holy, or Arcane oriented?

It is basically, a better version of scaling Spell Power, at low level, Spell power ( or more to the point Attack Power} will be better point for point. But at extremely BiS gear, than yeah.. Mastery might move over Attack Power, but it still is going to hurt our self healing in a soloing / pvp oriented style.

BTW, am happy they made our mana regen talent base. Hope it stays that way. As of right now, I am just wanting a fun mechanic that is useful, kinda RNG, but still fun.

If anyone has a better idea, speak up.

The Maelstrom Idea is actually pretty good, but I would hate to have to be high level, near 80's I think, to use it. Maelstrom helps out a ton when you finally start unlocking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by battosi08 View Post
    I agree that our Mastery is a little bland, but we already have so much crap to pay attention to I could honestly care less. But if they make it a mastery that doesn't require us to have a 10th power aura, I'm game.
    this. i agree some other masteries are more "interesting", however, a proc isn´t what we want currently. Having something passive for a change isn´t to bad.

also, with elemental fury gone and stormstrike effect nerfed, spells already drop considerably more in damage. if we continue to buff mq, i fear enhancement isn´t to far from having more spellpower than elemental, or even more spellpower than attackpower, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.