Poll: Do you think this is a viable?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    90% is more than fine. And the cooldown reduction is great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Thats right. Threat now decays.
    Link source, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    The tank will continue to build more and more aggro.. Whereas you will be wiped down to just 10 % of your aggro every 2 min (if needed so often!).. Therefore the aggro wipe will become less and less needed, seeing as the tank's aggro will overtime have overrulen yours by a large amount. I think that is what he means
    No, I mean if you stop DPSing a target the amount of threat you have built on it will fall.

15+ Year Old Account
    But....
    I liked having to watch my aggro to make sure my Soulshatter was not used at the wrong moment..
    Dawwwwwww

No, I mean if you stop DPSing a target the amount of threat you have built on it will fall.
    But you won't stop DPSing, so, no decay for you.

Anyways, a 90% threat drop is MORE than enough, even if it was on a 5 min cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzy View Post
    Link source, please.
    At work, will look later. I remember the reasoning being to stop tanks slacking off once they built a threat lead.

And I agree, 90% is more than adequate, especially when depending on spec, 15-30% of your dps is coming from your pet anyway. Even if you don't stop DPSing, the decay on it will mean it's not building at the same rate as the tank so long as they keep tpsing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomic View Post
    To be honest there realy isn't much difference between 90% aggro wipe and 100% agro wipe in most situations. 100% would put you out of combat, which would allow you to regain all your shards, and that might be a bit OP.

That. It would be really, really OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy101 View Post
    Did you ever play in BC? you would know that back then if someone pulled it was their fault for nuking a boss as the tanks didn't have the huge amounts of passive threat they have now. The good new is for people who like to nuke is ...YOU ARE GOING TO DIE lots. because AoE threat in cata is reduced and you nukers are gonna find that find that threat control is your problem again not the tanks.
    I love people with no reading comprehension. "because if 90% isn't enough of an aggro wipe" If the lock drops threat and still has aggro at this point, yes it is the tanks fault.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

At work, will look later. I remember the reasoning being to stop tanks slacking off once they built a threat lead.
    I think you're referring to these posts:

- Ghostcrawler 1
    - Ghostcrawler 2
    - Ghostcrawler 3

Even if you don't stop DPSing, the decay on it will mean it's not building at the same rate as the tank so long as they keep tpsing.
    As I understood Ghostcrawler in his third post (on my list above), decay would kick in rather slowly - something like a 5 sec rule, where you need to stand still doing nothing for 5 sec to make your threat decay. As long as you're damaging the mob every 5 sec, there won't be any decay.

In other words: If this is ever implemented, it will be a non-issue for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are missing the bigger picture here. You do realize there is a HUUUGE difference between 90% aggro wipe and 100% wipe, right?

100% wipe would make it more like a Shadowmeld/Invis/FD, it would reset your threat and cause the mobs to ignore you completely. The application would be for example: if you were an Aff, you would soul swap your dots off, take pet off and/or dismiss pet (it's instant for Locks), soul shatter and live through a wipe.

Or if you're soloing something and you have to get through a difficult pack, you can aoe fear them/rocket boots through, once you get to the other side you'd soul shatter and reset the aggro.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're referring to these posts:

- Ghostcrawler 1
    - Ghostcrawler 2
    - Ghostcrawler 3

As I understood Ghostcrawler in his third post (on my list above), decay would kick in rather slowly - something like a 5 sec rule, where you need to stand still doing nothing for 5 sec to make your threat decay. As long as you're damaging the mob every 5 sec, there won't be any decay.

In other words: If this is ever implemented, it will be a non-issue for DPS.
    That's the ones. I don't think there would be a five second rule, as that would be rather excessive as basically autoattacks would maintain the threat lead. What it does mean is that if your tank is concentrating, and continuing to build threat, they will still build and maintain a decent lead, and with Vengeance keep it. It probably wont make much difference for DPS, but it will mean easing off the gas, either by slowing DPS, or switching to an add will have a lot more effect than it does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    You guys are missing the bigger picture here. You do realize there is a HUUUGE difference between 90% aggro wipe and 100% wipe, right?

100% wipe would make it more like a Shadowmeld/Invis/FD, it would reset your threat and cause the mobs to ignore you completely. The application would be for example: if you were an Aff, you would soul swap your dots off, take pet off and/or dismiss pet (it's instant for Locks), soul shatter and live through a wipe.

Or if you're soloing something and you have to get through a difficult pack, you can aoe fear them/rocket boots through, once you get to the other side you'd soul shatter and reset the aggro.
    This is probably the exact abusive reason why they wont cut it to 100%.

Deleted

This is probably the exact abusive reason why they wont cut it to 100%.
    i actually have to agree with this. i think it would be op with a complete aggro reset as in leaving combat like.

90% on a shorter cooldown is a huge improvement, though it does make me wonder why they have to keep buffing shatter so much.
    Warlocks always say the put out too much threat compared to other classes, and we always get told we are speaking rubbish.
    Maybe for once this change will be enough to convince a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnerd View Post
    That. It would be really, really OP.
    So I suppose Hunters can still feign death and drink? It wouldn't work this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a cool mechanic for long boss fights. Use up 2 shards, soulburn + soul shatter out of combat and hope you can get off a soul harvest before a random boss aoe mechanic puts you back into combat.

Wouldn't be too OP considering we'd have to spend 9s 'evocating' back up and lose DPS during that time. Could also be used during boss transitions, etc.

But honestly, the reason why I want it the most is because I don't like dying in dungeons. It's my favorite part of playing my Hunter. I know it's selfish, but w/e, I tried.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You do realize there is a HUUUGE difference between 90% aggro wipe and 100% wipe, right?

A complete threat drop (100%) is not the same thing as dropping out of combat. When you're in a group, try standing there doing nothing. Then, have your group mates wipe, with only you still alive. The mobs will not ignore you, but rather come after you, even though you have zero threat on them.

(Yes, I do realize that hunters get dropped out of combat, too. But those are still two different things, and a warlock 100% threat drop doesn't necessarily need to work that way.)
    Last edited by blizzy; 2010-09-15 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How about option number 3, which reads 'It's fine as it is, because if 90% isn't enough of an aggro wipe, your tank should stop trying to play the game with his nipples.'
    Playing WoW with one's nipples is an art form. It should only be attempted in a group setting once mastered.

Rather than 100% aggro dump, I'd take a skill that reduces generated threat for 10-15 secs. Soulshatter won't help much if you have to hold back while building threat.

A complete threat drop (100%) is not the same thing as dropping out of combat. When you're in a group, try standing there doing nothing. Then, have your group mates wipe, with only you still alive. The mobs will not ignore you, but rather come after you, even though you have zero threat on them.

(Yes, I do realize that hunters get dropped out of combat, too. But those are still two different things, and a warlock 100% threat drop doesn't necessarily need to work that way.)
    This, If you are in combat the mobs who you are in combat with will aggro you no matter how much or how little threat you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    This. Hunters have feign death. Rogues have vanish. Mages have invis.
    Even if it's a 3 second fade time, they still have a 100% threat drop.

Any class that can heal, can heal himself through the barrage of attacks, and kill them all at the same time.

Any class that can tank, can eat the barrage of attacks, and kill them all at the same time.

Warlocks... Get roflstomped and die.

THAT is the problem. Every other pure DPS class has a 100% aggro drop. Tanks can survive through the hits. Healers can heal themselves through the hits. (Don't go complaining that an enhance shaman can't survive or w/e, they have dual spec, so could EASILY change spec and be able to heal. Warlocks can't just change to a healer or tank spec)

Warlocks are the only class that has virtually NO survivability when soloing old dungeons.

I agree with the OP. We should be able to have Soulburn+Soulshatter=100% aggro drop.