Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pumped for archaeology. It's the perfect time killer I've been waiting for. Fishing in the same pond from 1-450 is cool and all, but this adds flavor to killing time.

Sure adding skellies or something would be a nice touch, but I'll be happy the way it is.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauppaneuvos View Post
    What i've seen from totabiscuit's videos, there are wildlife in digsites. Sure, as a 85 they wont even aggro you but when you level up and try to dig up, they will attack.

You could say same thing about mining and herbalism. Its dull, repeatitive, no mobs attack you and you get one skill point.
    I agree with this.

Farming archaeology in 80-85 zones, especially since mobs will become far more powerful than we currently see in wotlk, archaeology will become even more interesting than it already is.

come on at least something long to do ...

./qq
    until another new season event which allows you to up 400pts in half an hour (cooking on all alts anyone ?).

frankly the only long term objective i've found at wotlk was to fish all the goddamn coin... and it's NOT entertaining. (which obviously made it long-term).

Glad Archeology announce itself as something else to do than bg once your waiting for the next patch of content...
    Last edited by Wrack; 2010-09-20 at 01:41 PM.
    Resistance Is Futile

Archeaology is perfect as is. Its no less boring than fishing and i really enjoy it atm , its a secondary prof which are always going to be grindfests without any substantial gain.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's better than fishing.
    /cast Fishing
    wait for it...
    wait for it...
    wait for it...
    CLICK!
    loot
    Rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    I think that compared to say: fishing, archeaology is a nice new feature

15+ Year Old Account
    man, how can you hate on Archeology?! now you have something to do when you don't feel like BGing or PVEing. can go out in the world for a reason other than traveling.

most importantly, it gives you cool crap!

Just the way it should be, wouldn't wanna see everyone with max Archeaology right away.
    Me War Armory
    Me Pally Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    "The adventures of Ginger McAwesomemage"

from what i have seen in TBs video it looks really interesting, but what i would like to see is having dig-sites inside instances themselves, like in addition to new raid factions there will be a new civilization for you to research. wouldn't that be interesting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchyld View Post
    I'm with you! I leveled 2 max fishers before they nerfed the amount of fish necessary to level at higher levels... Archeology should be cake
    They nerfed it? Good lord, how many fish did you have to catch to get a skill point? I've been working on it with my old hunter (my original main until 2006, so he has fishing). I'll catch maybe six or seven fish (or random items if not fishing in a pool) to get one skill point. I can't imagine what it used to be like at "higher levels" (currently at 340), as it was tedious in Outland but really not as bad as it is now. I just hope that once I get it past 375 it doesn't take me 10-12 catches to get a skill point. Fishing. Is. Tedious. >.<

Can't wait for Archaeology, though. Just discovering stuff is a reward in itself. Get into the lore, get excited about getting close to solving collected fossils and fragments, and don't zerg it all at once. You don't get cooking and fishing up in one day, and you sure don't get first aid up without at least a little effort (though Frostweave is probably cheap to buy these days). Just don't get burned out travelling here and there and trying to cram it all in.
    For the Alliance!

I think Archaeology will be a perfect skill for people like my brother and I. We never really played any of the Warcraft games before WoW. Nor did we read any of the books or really have a whole lot of lore knowledge. Being able to bounce around and explore and pick up all the little tidbits of lore I think will be a really fun and rewarding experience. It's something we're really, really............really looking forward to. On the same token, I really wish they were able to keep the Path of the Titans in-game. Perhaps it's something we'll see in the future? That was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to in the new expansion.

Deleted
    To all the people that are complaining about it being boring, tedious and just annoying to level. Remember that this is a secondary proffession and is ranked among Fishing, Cooking and First Aid, arguably the most boring objectives in the game. Personally, I think archaeology is superior to half of the primary proffessions as is.

Actually compared to the other professions, Archeology is like a 5 act stage play.

Silly Bloodelf.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how long the "bobber bar" lasted in early fishing?

Or the fact that you would actually have to be a high enough level to even be able to fish an area, let alone get a point for it?

Yeah... they nerfed fishing hadrcore.

Archeology looks like a blast... can't friggin wait!
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

That's exactly what I was expecting with archaeology.

Just like fishing - everybody will love it... then 80% of the people will complain that it's "too boring" and stop after they get their shiny item.

...until they add in a nice new shiny item. Then they'll complain yet do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    I'd add one more idea to OP suggestions:

- add chance to find treasure on first dig, it can be low but a bit of rng wont hurt and you will actually have a chance of finding stuff instantly.
    There is a chance of finding treasure instantly. It all depends on WHERE YOU SURVEY.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we need is a random chance to dig up a sand gnome army.

Deleted
    I am looking forward to the way it is at the moment, I am all up for a bit of monotony from time to time, fishing just didn't cut it for me after I managed to get the turtle, also I have never been into reading up on the lore of things, so with this profession delivering it to me in bite size chunks I might actually manage to learn something about it :P