Elemental weapon imbune

I see in the beta client that flamethouge weapon no longer gives spellpower.

What weapon imbune is elemental shamans supposed to use now ?

It still gives spell damage. It seems the fire damage proc was removed, though.

Flametongue Weapon
    6% of base mana
    Instant cast
    Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing total spell damage by 235

Theres also the new Unleash Elements spell.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-09-15 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleruin View Post
    I see in the beta client that flamethouge weapon no longer gives spellpower.

What weapon imbune is elemental shamans supposed to use now ?
    Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing total spell damage by 235.05 ( Glyph of Flametongue Weapon : and increasing spell critical strike chance by 2% ). Each hit causes 99.27 to 305.77 additional Fire damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Slower weapons cause more fire damage per swing. Lasts 30 minutes.
    ( Unleash Weapon : Unleashing this enchantment deals 1022.97 to 1213.03 Fire damage to an enemy target and increases the damage dealt by the Shaman's next Fire spell by 20%. )

Quoted from the Beta Skills/Talents list

Unless there was something posted about it, it still gives spellpower
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

I know it says it gives spellpower on the list here on mmo champion, but I guess that is old.

Because when I log into the beta client and look at the tooltip it only says something along the lines of
    "Enchant your weapon with the power of fire, making the enemy to take additional fire damage when hit by your weapon".

I also try to cancel and reapply the spell, but my spellpower does not change at all.

try turning off beginners tips. otherwise it won't show numbers, it'll just give an explanation of the skill so that a beginner would be able to understand it.

hmm.. I'll try to turn of the beginners tips when I get home to check it.

But that still does not explain whyt my spellpower value don't change at all when I use it or not.

what level is it at btw?

it's working on ptr, which is the same build as the beta, so it should be working there as well.
    Last edited by Araun; 2010-09-15 at 09:18 AM.

A level 80 I transfered form live realms