Thread: Feral Druid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Druid

Feral Druids get alot of attack power from there weapon, with attack power no longer being on gear in Cata what will happen to Druid DPS as Feal. Will it still be viable for Raiding, has anyone heard what they will be doing to trade off this fact? Please any info would be helpful

Feral druids still haven't been through the balancing pass. It will be among the last things to happen in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't lose AP from the change from AP to pure agility. Agility now gives 2 AP per point instead of one.

Although if I'm not mistaken they removed Feral AP so Ferals specifically may see a pretty hefty drop in AP (which will be made up for with proper weapon damage scaling).

Thank you Very Much, I was a little worried about it. i have worked hard to get the rotation down and i want to keep raiding in cata as Feral. Right now i have 8.9k attack power. 2974 of that is from the weapon Im worried about the massive drop in attack power
    Last edited by Rassilon; 2010-09-15 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Weapon dps will directly affect abilities in 4.0. So in practice nothing will change in this aspect, just the fact that feral ap isn't visible anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Thank you Very Much, I was a little worried about it. i have worked hard to get the rotation down and i want to keep raiding in cata as Feral. Right now i have 8.9k attack power. 2974 of that is from the weapon Im worried about the massive drop in attack power
    It should be fine once they get everything tuned properly. They're not going to let a spec suffer just because of some silly number changes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    i have worked hard to get the rotation down
    The rotation will definitely change, if you take a look at the new talents and the T11 set bonus you'll see why.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately I can't find the post where they state that 1 Agi = 2 Ap, if I remember correctly they want to change(nerf) the conversion from strenght to ap, too? Could some1 please correct me if I'm wrong, tia.

Weapon dps will directly affect abilities in 4.0. So in practice nothing will change in this aspect, just the fact that feral ap isn't visible anymore.
    Currently, weapon DPS does not seem to affect abilities (only white attacks.) I think this needs to change (so our DPS scales with weapons.)

I think the thing they want to do is make white dmg of ferals higher by adding weapon dps in some way and lower the amount of yellow dmg by reducing the ap and coefficients of some attacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itedo View Post
    unfortunately I can't find the post where they state that 1 Agi = 2 Ap, if I remember correctly they want to change(nerf) the conversion from strenght to ap, too? Could some1 please correct me if I'm wrong, tia.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_power#Cataclysm
    http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warc...m#Stat_changes
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/21035...k-in-cataclysm

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agility = 2 Ap now is fine by me but you all seem to forget the "special passive skills" Ferals get by chosing being one... Its the one giving you 25% more ap just cause you are... chosen to be feral, for ferals are the mightiest beings ever kept alive !!!! *continues with "hiding in a box"*
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The fuck was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

Also, mastery is currently not buffing shred (which I consider to be a bug)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering what happened to my attack power, never clued in that it wasn't on my gear anymore >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah no AP/ArP confused me greatly initially.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    According to Blue Posts, Cat damage is a little low. Anyone disappointed with Feral Druids at this time should wait... Buffs are inc.

What I want to know is how is Mangle doing more damage than Shred in most every beta video I'm watching? 7 mangles versus 7 shreds: mangle does more overall damage. It keeps happening.

They probably gave mangle a boost sometime early in beta since they made a big deal about it doing similar damage to shred and haven't messed with the other ability coefficients yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    According to Blue Posts, Cat damage is a little low. Anyone disappointed with Feral Druids at this time should wait... Buffs are inc.

What I want to know is how is Mangle doing more damage than Shred in most every beta video I'm watching? 7 mangles versus 7 shreds: mangle does more overall damage. It keeps happening.
    by looknig at the numbers

mangle 230% weapon dmg + 724.5
    shred 225% weapon dmg + 742.5

so yes mangle does more dmg by default witch is good for leveling but...
    shred gets +30% from a mangle / trauma / hunterpet
    shred gets +20% from any bleed effect
    shred gets +4% from blessing of the grove

so shred will no doubly be better

as for AP yes we do get +25% ap for choosing feral witch is more then we get on live lol
    for example if we get 1000 str on live:
    1000 * 1.10(boK) * 1.06(SotF) * 1.02(ImotW) = 1189 Str
    11893.2 * 2(Str>Ap) * 1.10(HotW) * 1.10(TSA) = 2878 AP
    cata:
    1000 * 1.05(MotW) = 1050
    1050 * 2(Str>Ap) * 1.25(Agr) * 1.10 (TSA) = 2887 AP
    (and dont we get +5% agi for leather specailisation?)

however we did loose the +20% extra AP on weapon talent buff :/

if you got like 3.2AP on your weapon like distant land out of my mind (might be incorrect value) then we do loose a bit, but AP on weapon is gone anyway so scaling whit the weapon is a bit lower i gues

live AP on weapon: 3200 * 1.20(PS) * 1.10(HotW) * 1.10(TSA) = 4646 AP
    cata if weapon had AP: 3200 * 1.25(Agr) * 1.10 (TSA) = 4400 AP
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2010-09-16 at 07:50 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I haven't been too concerned about feral DPS, since Blizz will eventually get around to adjusting it regardless of AP change.

My only slight concern is Savage Defense since it's based off of AP. Regardless of the AP changes, it's still absorbs more damage than on live, but I'm more concerned about the comparison of damage mitigation compared to other tanks via blocking mechanics. I suppose it boils down to whether our bear AP will scale enough to be competitive with Shield Block (and critical shield blocks), since SD's absorb amount more dynamic than blocking with a shield. Unfortunately, I can't much out of beta warriors concerning how effective blocking is.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville