Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Shadowform Sound

Anyone noticed the sweet new shadowform sound on PTR?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't copy chars to the EU PTR still but...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hope it's just a bug, the sound is very telling and fitting.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I quite like the new sound

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    With the EU ptr charcopy still being down and me not having the motivation to level a priest to 20 (or whenever you get shadowform now) on the ptr, I'd like to know what it sounds like now?

Can someone upload a video/mp3?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I'm also curious about the new sound, but really I loved the old sound effect. I'm already a little sad but I'll reserve the rest of my judgment until I can hear it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the old sound always reminded me of the Darth Vader inhale sound. Which of course is awesome.

I always thought the old sound sounded like the spirit rezzer saying "Arthas..."

The new sound is fine. I'd post a video of it but I'm at school right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone post a link to the sound maybe? lol

There you go.

There appears to be two or three different sounds for it.

EDIT: O hay look, 600 posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Neat!

Now if only they'd work on stuff we actually need.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the vid. Sounds OK, but I'd still prefer the old sound (nostalgia is a bitch!).

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Now if only they'd work on stuff we actually need.
    Exactly what things do you want the sound designers to work on that are critical to the priest class?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    Exactly what things do you want the sound designers to work on that are critical to the priest class?
    Copying the sound of inner focus to some other ability so holy and shadow priests can still annoy the whole auction house with having that sound active all the time

Ok, so I don't hate the new sound as much as I thought I would, and yes, nostalgia is a bitch But what I don't like is that other part of the sound, not that gasp that sounds reminiscent of the old Shadowform sound effect but the much harsher boom-like sound that accompanies it. Is that a sound effect from the action bar shifting, or is it actually built into the shadowform sound effect?
    Last edited by Dharmabhum; 2010-09-16 at 02:36 PM. Reason: to admit, yes its minor but unless its uber, why change it :-/

hmm Idno if I like it or or not.. well I don't hate it so I guess thats aight : )

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum View Post
    Ok, so I don't hate the new sound as much as I thought I would, and yes, nostalgia is a bitch But what I don't like is that other part of the sound, not that gasp that sounds reminiscent of the old Shadowform sound effect but the much harsher boom-like sound that accompanies it. Is that a sound effect from the action bar shifting, or is it actually built into the shadowform sound effect?
    it's the drum hit that is accompanied by a tiny drumroll, the one you hear when entering a group/raid or shapeshifting/changing to shadow form perhaps. I believe that sound is in live now, it's just shadowform's sound now is long and harsh sounding, easily covers it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Copying the sound of inner focus to some other ability so holy and shadow priests can still annoy the whole auction house with having that sound active all the time
    Dual spec my friend! Dual spec.

Also, I love the zero picture =).

Imo it sounds like the sound from a pack of Hydralisks getting selected on your screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like that the sound is different from use to use. :]

I love when Blizzard takes something old and improve it to be more equal as other things that's brought to the game. That does (for me at least) make the game's quality much higher.