Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

some enhance progress

''Enhancement Changes
    In our current Cataclysm build, we have cut the Primal Wisdom talent (and give it as part of the Enhancement passive) and reduced Unleashed Rage from 3 to 2 ranks, but with the same overall effect. That should take care of the extra talent points that the tree seemed to have.

We are still working on making the Searing Totem a little smarter. ''

from the mouth of the spectral crustacean. i know enhancers still have a laundry list of problems but hey every little helps.

Its nice to see that they are listening to some of our complaints. However, we still need to lose another 2-3 points.

The three talent points are pretty big. It is three points out of a very bloated talent tree. Just toying around with that on a talent calculator made for a pretty big change.

However, what everything still hinges on, at least for me, is if they can find Searing Totem a brain.

Deleted
    I love the change. Speccing enhancement is so much easier now.

Deleted
    They can make lavalash/stormstrike/<insert spell here> "mark" an enemy which activates the searing totem to attack it. So no annoying aggro. Let it only attack marked enemies.

It's quite easy to implement.

like Alceus said, spriests have Dark Apparition in their talent tree already and the simple concept of that talent could work for us too

Awesome! Good changes, and like you realistically said "Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    They can make lavalash/stormstrike/<insert spell here> "mark" an enemy which activates the searing totem to attack it. So no annoying aggro. Let it only attack marked enemies.

It's quite easy to implement.
    They also need this system to work for elemental as well since searing becomes the choice totem to use for that spec too. Currently it kinda works with flameshock but the totem is still too thick

Finally some good news.. although it's not exactly what we needed. Hopefully they'll do a lot with Searing Totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just add a pet bar style control scheme for it? Seems simple enough; It'd be like having a Warlock Imp that can't move or do anything besides shoot fireball at the target you direct it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely a move in the right direction, at least. I've been wondering about Primal Wisdom for a while now, since I was unsure just how necessary 2/2 would have been at endgame. I'm glad I can put those points to better use now!

Like I've said already, it's nice for shamans leveling up from level 10 as they will have I would guess very little downtime.

However, while this does free up 2 points in the enhancement talent tree, all they're going into in my talent tree is for some trash AoE crap, kinda disappointing. there's not much selection really, it's more choosing between PvE and PvP talents.

And god I hope they fixed searing totem, it's been pretty crap on the beta thus far.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

I like moving Primal Wisdom. It cuts some points from the tree and makes it available immediately at level 10 so leveling enhancement shaman don't have mana problems.

Unleashed rage seems like a good change too since it is currently 3 points on live so remaining 3 points after the number of total points gets reduced makes it effectively more expensive for the same benefit and frees up some points.

I still don't think we are quite there yet as planning out the tree with the mentioned changes I expect that we will still have pretty much 2 cookie cutter builds with 2 talent points going into either Imp shield for a little more damage from Static Shock or Imp Fire nova for some nice improvements in AE dps. Technically you could now max out both if you didn't want to pick up Ancestral Swiftness but I expect that to be very popular.

I'd still like to see a couple more DPS talents trimmed from the tree (replacing Imp shields with something resto/elemental would like but not enhancement would work) and some major changes to our utility talents to make them more appealing and less of pvp talents.

gotta keep in mind as well that with primal wisdom being removed, unless they change the placement of the talents around in the tree, looks like we'll be spec'ing into either imp. shields, imp. fire nova, or totemic reach to access the higher tier talents.

seems totemic reach and imp. shields would be the way to go, as i'm not overly concerned with my aoe trash damage imp. fire nova would provide, while spending the remaining points in ele on convection, concussion, and call of flame. that would provide a small boost to aoe dmg, while still effecting our searing totem for single target fights. would have posted a link to this build, but haven't posted enough to be allowed to provide links yet.

totemic reach would help solve some of our difficulty on heavy movement fights where re-dropping totems (think prof. putricide p3 here) eats too many of our available GCDs.
    and with lightning shield orbs being able to crit now, imp. shields may be a worthwhile, albeit small % of overall damage, talent investment?

Deleted
    i think more work will be coming, as blizz want there to be some choice once youve taken your 'mandatory' spec talents for a few points left at the end. Ele and resto might not be perfect, but they look pretty good just now and there is that choice once youve spent what you feel you have to (for me thats down ele then onto ancestral swiftness, leaving two points which could argueably go in quite a few places. even then there is a few debatable choices to be made around the first 1-3 tiers)

enhance still needs that room at the end, or everyone will have one/two specs for it . nothing necessarily wrong with that but not what blizz said theyre going for. in wrath ele has been terrible for that, you know someones spec (pve of course) without bothering to check their talents.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    gotta keep in mind as well that with primal wisdom being removed, unless they change the placement of the talents around in the tree, looks like we'll be spec'ing into either imp. shields, imp. fire nova, or totemic reach to access the higher tier talents.

seems totemic reach and imp. shields would be the way to go, as i'm not overly concerned with my aoe trash damage imp. fire nova would provide, while spending the remaining points in ele on convection, concussion, and call of flame. that would provide a small boost to aoe dmg, while still effecting our searing totem for single target fights. would have posted a link to this build, but haven't posted enough to be allowed to provide links yet.

totemic reach would help solve some of our difficulty on heavy movement fights where re-dropping totems (think prof. putricide p3 here) eats too many of our available GCDs.
    and with lightning shield orbs being able to crit now, imp. shields may be a worthwhile, albeit small % of overall damage, talent investment?
    Totemic Reach? Lulz.

They should just give us an ability off the GCD (even if it had a CD, would also be nice to have something like the rogue combo point transfer that would transfer our searing flames stacks) that allows us to focus the searing totem attack on a target.. would allow us to switch quickly during target switches as well. Not to mention would allow us to keep building stacks on a main target under the circumstance that there is a target switch but it's not an important mob.. just an add to burn where you wouldn't want your searing totem on it anyway (which with the current system, if the debuff wore off on the first target and you had a debuff on the add, it would switch even though you didn't want it to.)
    I'd personally rather not deal with them trying to find a fix for it based on our debuffs on a target, etc, specifically because target switches. If I have to focus a target down I don't want to wait for my debuff on another mob to wear off before my totem switches with me.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 2010-09-15 at 05:51 PM.

Blizz wants enhance to be an class that is melee but also uses lightning bolt etc,
    Maybe it would be nice enhance gets an sort of "lightning overload" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30679 ,
    But thats procs on melee atacks !
    Would love to see that as enhance <3

Instead of stacking searing totem debuf on target to make lava lash stronger, id stack flame shock (of course, undispellable debuf). That way it could be used for pve and pvp

Deleted
    yeah target switching seems like a worry, i cant see how the searing flames mechanic will be anything but clumsy in pvp and perhaps in some aspects of pve. if the mechanic is supposed to be a good chuck of enhance damage this will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
    Totemic Reach? Lulz.

They should just give us an ability off the GCD (even if it had a CD, would also be nice to have something like the rogue combo point transfer that would transfer our searing flames stacks) that allows us to focus the searing totem attack on a target.. would allow us to switch quickly during target switches as well. Not to mention would allow us to keep building stacks on a main target under the circumstance that there is a target switch but it's not an important mob.. just an add to burn where you wouldn't want your searing totem on it anyway (which with the current system, if the debuff wore off on the first target and you had a debuff on the add, it would switch even though you didn't want it to.)
    I'd personally rather not deal with them trying to find a fix for it based on our debuffs on a target, etc, specifically because target switches. If I have to focus a target down I don't want to wait for my debuff on another mob to wear off before my totem switches with me.

about the lulz totemic reach part...ya, i know. but, blizz has stated they want every spec to have non-dps increasing talents and/or situational talents, and by free'ing up the required 3 points in primal wisdom/reduced cost of unleashed rage, where else would YOU put them? i for one see totemic reach, potentially, as a utility/situational (indirectly) dps-increasing talent, in that it would free up GCD's on heavy movement fights, such as prof. putricide, of which there are sure to be more like it somewhere down the road in raids. sure, we may still need to drop a fire (re: searing) totem on these fights, but saving the mana on having to redrop windfury/str of earth is, for me, a convenience factor that may prove somewhat worthwhile. besides, no matter how much some people want a change to basic totem design, we're stuck with them. increased range on them might prove beneficial.

on target switch fights, on a mob thats relatively insignificant in terms of hitpoints, not sure why you'd want to transfer searing flames debuff to them, as your lava lash would then consume those charges. seems to me you'd want to keep searing flames on the main target (boss), so that when you switch back to him, you'd have a fully, truck-like hitting lava lash to unleash on him. seems that's one way blizz is trying to give us "recoverable" damage when we don't have 100% uptime on melee swings on a target. perhaps i'm just not understanding you're post concerning this.

i do agree tho that the searing totem preferring flame shock debuffed targets is still a very, seemingly, clunky mechanic, especially if they're tying searing totem into also preferring targets w/ stormstrike debuff (which i'm almost positive i read somewhere, can't seem to find it however).