10+ Year Old Account

Okay I will admit it, I'm having fun.

My first impressions of holy were, well zomg it is horrid. After running alot of randoms on the ptr, I'm starting to get my grove. Honestly it is kinda fun. Though Light of Dawn seems massively inappropriate half the time, you kinda just hit it to see the pretty lights when you have nothing to do :P. 50 percent beacon, while not as effective, is not as bad as I though, I have gotten used to beaconing the tank and generating holy power via healing the beacon, but still having it as a safety measure for healing dps when need be.

My concerns and questions so far:

Do you think that holy shock should double dip? I had expected if you holy shocked your Beacon that you would get 2 holy power, as it stands it does not. I would rather like to see this.

Do you feel like you are mostly abusing a combination of FoL, holy shock, and word of glory? That really how I feel at this point. Do you do different, if so what?

And finally something petty, Anyone else notice you 2 piece t10 holy isn't working now...they got rid of the spell it interacts with, If I'm gonna be running ICC a few weeks with 4.0 on live, this is very troubling indeed.

discuss

If I remember holy shock was dropped off of tower of radiance in the beta, should be updated in PTR, too bad I don't have much else to say as I don't play a holy pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    yes holy shock was dropped of tower of radiance because they felt that in combination with eternal glory it was just to powerfull and allowed holy pallas to get away with just using WoG and HS almost all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    yes holy shock was dropped of tower of radiance because they felt that in combination with eternal glory it was just to powerfull and allowed holy pallas to get away with just using WoG and HS almost all the time

Shame, I would have loved to see at least like a chance for it to give an additional holy power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Natrii, were you endgame holy before the PTR? Silly question, I know.. but I am curious.
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    12/12 ICC and 3/12 ICC HM atm, I'm holy, always have been always will be. And I still stand by it is actually a bit more fun now...just a bit more stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    My concerns and questions so far:

Do you think that holy shock should double dip? I had expected if you holy shocked your Beacon that you would get 2 holy power, as it stands it does not. I would rather like to see this.

Do you feel like you are mostly abusing a combination of FoL, holy shock, and word of glory? That really how I feel at this point. Do you do different, if so what?

And finally something petty, Anyone else notice you 2 piece t10 holy isn't working now...they got rid of the spell it interacts with, If I'm gonna be running ICC a few weeks with 4.0 on live, this is very troubling indeed.

discuss
    hai! i also was worried about our state...but after trying it out for the pass few days on the ptr i am sooooo having fun with holy!
    i am actually ok with them not letting us double dip with holy shock...because it will encouage HS/WoG spam and i am soooo loving the fact of mixing up my healz right now.
    one of the best part i am loving is getting off 2healz in a GCD(?) i absolutly love throwing out a 3hp WoG/holysock right after a heal.
    the reitemization that they did for most of the icc gear is strangly off...did u notice that ur libram is wierd?

but my only major concerns are cosmetic ones...divine light looks like u activated a seal on them and the fact that our mastery doesnt (imo) proc the SS visual effect
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2010-09-15 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hai! i also was worried about our state...but after trying it out for the pass few days on the ptr i am sooooo having fun with holy!
    i am actually ok with them not letting us double dip with holy shock...because it will encouage HS/WoG spam and i am soooo loving the fact of mixing up my healz right now.
    one of the best part i am loving is getting off 2healz in a GCD(?) i absolutly love throwing out a 3hp WoG/holysock right after a heal.
    the reitemization that they did for most of the icc gear is strangly off...did u notic that ur libra is wierd?

but my only major concerns are a cosmetic one...divine light looks like u activated a seal on them and the fact that our mastery doesnt (imo) proc the SS visual effect

Yeah, Before cat I'm gonna grab the frostie libram so that I can have a better stat stick when 4.0 goes live. and I did not notice WoG of off the gcd o.0

Yeah, Before cat I'm gonna grab the frostie libram so that I can have a better stat stick when 4.0 goes live. and I did not notice WoG of off the gcd o.0
    i am not 100% sure if off the gcd...it just that i can get a HS and a WoG really fast back to back.....lol maybe i just have alot of haste

edit: okay just checked it not off the GCD but with my 724 haste my less than 1sec gcd makes it feel really fast
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2010-09-15 at 08:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could, in theory, stack up EoTs to have a lot of Justice points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    True very true

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    [B]ut with my 724 haste my less than 1sec gcd makes it feel really fast
    Spell GCD reduction is capped at 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Except it would probably be easier to buy it in Frost badges if the beta is anything to go by, things cost silly amounts of JP.