Thread: Removed Glyphs

Removed Glyphs

Logged into the PTR the other day and notice that all my armor and weapon vellums now convert to Ruined Vellums that become a single type of vellum.

What will happen to glyphs that don't carry over to cata? Are there any glyphs that are on Live that aren't in beta? Will they disappear? Become Useless?

From the top of my head, the lock glyph that enables you to get extra soul shards will most probably bite the dust.

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed on PTR that a few of the rogue glyphs had been removed. Im assuming that if you have any of the glyphs that are being removed in your inventory when patch 4.0.1 rolls around, they will just be deleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bips View Post
    I noticed on PTR that a few of the rogue glyphs had been removed. Im assuming that if you have any of the glyphs that are being removed in your inventory when patch 4.0.1 rolls around, they will just be deleted.
    Actually, they are currently vendor trash on beta. So I expect that to happen on live as well. Unless they'll use the same ID for another glyph, at which those in your inventory will most likely change along.

Quote Originally Posted by arcturussage View Post
    Logged into the PTR the other day and notice that all my armor and weapon vellums now convert to Ruined Vellums that become a single type of vellum.

What will happen to glyphs that don't carry over to cata? Are there any glyphs that are on Live that aren't in beta? Will they disappear? Become Useless?
    Some glyphs are changed completely. Like the Nourish one for Druids changes to Starsurge on the PTR. Others just wont do anything at all. The Rapid Rejuv glyph is currently like that.
    ಠ_ಠ

So far the only glyphs i've noticed that are gone completely and aren't replaced and thus become vendor trash are the warrior's Last Stand and Taunt. Both of those are in my profession listed as trash

I'm pretty interested in this, as I got two bank alts with 4 packs of endless pockets each, full of glyphs :P