Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild Bank Password

Blizzard, add an option in the guild controls to password the guild bank tabs!

that would probably lead to someone telling when they werent supposed to and serious drama/QQ. It could work though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

not a bad idea but this probably isnt the place to suggest it
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happenend which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk. And we learned to listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb idea. Ninja gets into your guild, someone slips him the password and he ransacks everything. The current system is fine, if you don't trust someone in your gbank then don't give them access to it.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Deleted
    That's a very good idea on top of what we have now and what we're getting in Cata (authenticator option). I kinda don't like the authenticator thing, guild bank restricted by rank and by password would probably cover hackers though. And that was basically the whole idea behind the authenticator option.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a change in the works where you will be able to optionally require an authenticator to be on the player's account for various guild ranks, set as a checkbox for each rank. Check the box for each rank that has bank access, problem solved. Better security than a password, and the pages and pages of QQ about it in the Cata forums are epic.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekz View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. It has potential to work. Meaning, still have the current system but also enforce a password. IE: Someone's account get hacks that is an officer with G Bank authorization, tries to steal G bank, but the GOOK doesn't know the password. Solved.
    If the officer got keylogged then the keylogger probably has the gbank password too.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea for the sole reason that it could be used to stop the dirty douches that steal accounts.

Unhappy

My reasoning behind it was to also use the rank system BTW.

I have had 4 different people get hacked in my guild, and 4 different people ninja my entire bank. The players themselves are trusted, the people who stole all my ish aren't.

This is of course over the spam of 3 years, but still annoying none the less.

So it would work like this, game hacked, hacker logs on, OH WAIT CANNOT SEE ANY TABS WITHOUT PASSWORD?!

Yeah basically that. I know this isn't the place for a suggest to blizz I was just curious of what others thought, and probably formed it more like a question to you guys, lol. FAIL.

Also I didn't know about the auth thing thats coming in Cata, everyone of my guildies that got hacked HAD to get and auth before they got access back. So that makes sense, I'll just turn that option to PERMA on for officers.
    Last edited by panonadin; 2010-09-15 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I'm tarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea dumb idea sorry my friend. Rank system is much better than just handing out a free pass to everyone and their buddies (because it would quickly become everyone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be usefull if paired with the actual rank system. Make it so only people with the proper rank can even attempt to insert the password in the first place, this way we maintaing the hierarchy and add a new barrier to hold back people that hack into accounts and rob guild banks clean.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good idea too. At least its a viable alternative to the authenticator option. I think the latter is best mind you, but there could be a number of reasons a GL wouldn't want use it. In that case having the GB password protected is better than nothing. It's obviously not going to help in the case of a disgruntled guildmate out to settle a score, but it would keep a random hacker from cleaning out the GB when he's cleaning out someone's account.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    redundancy is redundant...

Thanks for the people that brought up the Cata auth thing that is coming. Lol to the people that can't read the purpose of the password.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This alone wouldn't work, but if you put this on top of Guild ranks, it would mean that even if they hacked an officer's account, they still wouldn't have access. And set it so you type it once after you log onto the officer toon and it remains open until you log off of it, so you don't have to type it every single time.
    Little known fact: Gullible is not in the dictionary.

It looks like most of you are overlooking something.

Pretty much all 'hackers' gain access to accounts via keylogging. This could very easily log the guild bank password as well. They would just have to wait until the person with the logged computer logs onto the guild bank.

So, yeah... pointless, really.

EDIT: Actually, Oxedy noticed it before me. Still, you didn't seem to notice that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Electric View Post
    I like the idea for the sole reason that it could be used to stop the dirty douches that steal accounts.
    Except that it doesnt.
    The guy that stole the account can just ask the GM for the password because "he forgot it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Except that it doesnt.
    The guy that stole the account can just ask the GM for the password because "he forgot it".
    This, and keyloggers would be quickly modified to watch for and snag gbank passwords as well. A static password would only barely even slow the account thieves down, if it did so at all.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Dumb idea. Ninja gets into your guild, someone slips him the password and he ransacks everything. The current system is fine, if you don't trust someone in your gbank then don't give them access to it.
    I couldn't agree more. I would also like to elaborate on your interesting literary exposition, chap.
    It would be interesting to have a password system, but have the password only available to the GM, with this in place, the GM can give the password to only members he/she trusts.

Even with that simple elaboration, the idea still stands as a dumb one, and the system should just stay the way it is.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekz View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. It has potential to work. Meaning, still have the current system but also enforce a password. IE: Someone's account get hacks that is an officer with G Bank authorization, tries to steal G bank, but the GOOK doesn't know the password. Solved.
    Please..we don't need racial slurs on these forums.
    "Brevity is...wit"