Thread: JP costs...WTF?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

JP costs...WTF?

If you want to get some frost items before cata do it before the convertion.

Some nice dude posted this link in a different thread http://img199.imageshack.us/f/justicepoints.jpg/

694points for the trinkets, which i wanted to get for cata...but if i use the calculator i just get 165 for the 60 emblems i need to buy one now. Okay i get some points from triumph and they are easy to farm for my tank and heal chars but i would need 193 emblems of triumph + the 60 frost, so 253 since i dont have the frost emblems, means ~55 rnd hero instances...think i will just lvl with the stuff i have right now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiesel View Post
    If you want to get some frost items before cata do it before the convertion.

Some nice dude posted this link in a different thread http://img199.imageshack.us/f/justicepoints.jpg/

694points for the trinkets, which i wanted to get for cata...but if i use the calculator i just get 165 for the 60 emblems i need to buy one now. Okay i get some points from triumph and they are easy to farm for my tank and heal chars but i would need 193 emblems of triumph + the 60 frost, so 253 since i dont have the frost emblems, means ~55 rnd hero instances...think i will just lvl with the stuff i have right now :/
    It's possible these values may just be place holders

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats rough that point farming wont be as easy as badge farming isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    God I hope the next beta build is tonight. I'm getting so mind numbingly bored of emblem news

Dunno why people are so bothered. You can make a lot better money buying Primodial Saronite now with them
    I won't even do any kind of quests in uldum or twilight highlands i need my rewards, since currently that "Ilvl check" Doesn't count heirlooms Ilevel (which is 1 always)

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted my post cause I was all over the place.

Full day at work has weakened my mind

Dont put to much into the value cost of the items..
    You dont know how much point you get in a hc dungeon.. So i wouldnt count on you having to run 55 randoms to get an item.. You might see an increase in the points you get today in a dungeon!

Beta/PTR is Beta/PTR
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Ignore me, I'm retarded today.

Yeah, idk why the prices are higher than conversion rate suggests it should be, but who knows. Maybe those are placeholder prices for the new gear. Then again, not likely.
    Last edited by Nah; 2010-09-15 at 08:51 PM. Reason: 2 hours of sleep ftl

I'm willing to bet that you'll get a lot more points for doing a Cataclysm dungeon. Blizzard doesn't want people farming WotLK content so that they get an enormous head start on gearing for Cataclysm. It makes complete sense if you actually think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they increase that, or give very feel JPs in heroics. This way we can prevent the ease with wich people got T9 from happening to T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure those aren't the real values

10+ Year Old Account
    well... once again you can run heroics to get close to endgame gear

Either those are not the real values or we'll get a lot more Justice Points per heroic/raid run than badges.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KageZetsumei View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you'll get a lot more points for doing a Cataclysm dungeon. Blizzard doesn't want people farming WotLK content so that they get an enormous head start on gearing for Cataclysm. It makes complete sense if you actually think about it.
    I understand that, and I fully expect that. It's like when they threatened to wipe honor points at the end of BC so people couldn't stock pile the honor cap and immediately dump them on Wrath PvP epics as soon as they hit 80. After a storm of QQ, they recanted that decision.

So, yes, I expect them not to let you easily farm Wrath badges and fill up the 4000 JP softcap.

BUT, I currently have 52 frosts on my DK that I dusted off to start tanking heroics now that my Pally is tanking in ICC. 8 more, and I get the +Stam trinket, which fortunately means in 4 more daily heroics, I will have it. Yay for me!

However, if the conversion happened today, those 52 frosts would give me a whopping143 JP. Now, if the cost of the Stam trinket was ~165 (the amount you get for 60 frosts), then great, so be it. But the trinket in that screen shot from the PTR shows it listed for 694. That's ~4.2 times the current value.

Yeah, I know PTR is PTR, and I'm not reaching for the sky is falling handle. But, still, DAMN.

What I understood from a previous blue post was that there would be two levels of points: Justice (lower) and Valor (Higher). So triumph and frost badge items would be bought with justice points and we build valor points in cataclysm for the new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by *Ysa View Post
    EDIT: Ignore me, I'm retarded today.

Yeah, idk why the prices are higher than conversion rate suggests it should be, but who knows. Maybe those are placeholder prices for the new gear. Then again, not likely.
    It's a fairly simple reason in that Cata instance will most likely drop hundreds of points, so the cost of the items is about what it is now (in that you do say 10 heroics to get enough badges/points to buy item X).
    The *conversion* rate is what is really low, not that the item cost is really high. Obviously this is to limit the amount of pre-badge farming that is feasible, while still giving them some value going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony71 View Post
    What I understood from a previous blue post was that there would be two levels of points: Justice (lower) and Valor (Higher). So triumph and frost badge items would be bought with justice points and we build valor points in cataclysm for the new gear.
    No. No no no.

At cata release:
    - Valor buys tier 11 level items.
    - Justice buys lvl85 heroic dungeon level items, plus WoTLK and older tiers of items.

When the next tier gets released, All your current valor points get turned into justice points, and you start at 0 valor and:
    - Valor buys tier 12 level items
    - justice buys tier 11, plus lvl85 heroic dungeon items, plus any older items.

etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendol View Post
    No. No no no.

At cata release:
    - Valor buys tier 11 level items.
    - Justice buys lvl85 heroic dungeon level items, plus WoTLK and older tiers of items.

When the next tier gets released, All your current valor points get turned into justice points, and you start at 0 valor and:
    - Valor buys tier 12 level items
    - justice buys tier 11, plus lvl85 heroic dungeon items, plus any older items.

etc.
    Source?
    Vol'jin fanboy

are we gonna keep the points for cata?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkshirtbadman View Post
    It's a fairly simple reason in that Cata instance will most likely drop hundreds of points, so the cost of the items is about what it is now (in that you do say 10 heroics to get enough badges/points to buy item X).
    The *conversion* rate is what is really low, not that the item cost is really high. Obviously this is to limit the amount of pre-badge farming that is feasible, while still giving them some value going forward.
    I understand the part of pre farming in order to get level 85 gear, but why would they raise the price of the level 80 items? It makes absolutely no sense and I'm hoping the values are just placeholders like people suggest, but blizz never fails to disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...