Thread: JP costs...WTF?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly believe they would let people stockpile enough points easily to allow for buying level 85 epics right away? The conversion is obviously just to at least give us some kind of reward for the emblems we didn't use, because it sure would suck if they were suddenly worthless. Obviously you won't get a 1:1 conversion rate from one expansion to the next, duh.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Source?
    I can confirm that the blues DID say Valor would get dumped to 0 and exchanged for Heroism (now Justice) points. It's in one of the very first posts about the new system, so it's like 1½ month old or something. Time sure flies fast and good luck searching through it all yourself. I won't do it for you :-p

---------- Post added 2010-09-15 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas View Post
    I understand the part of pre farming in order to get level 85 gear, but why would they raise the price of the level 80 items?
    Who says they did? Maybe Frost emblems really are worth that many points, but to avoid excessive farming, the exchange rate just sucks. And to make things even worse, they'll allow us to go beyond the cap at release, but enforce it later. So all signs point in the direction that the OP said: Buy it when it's still actually good. As soon as you hit 83, it's crap and almost all your mindless farming NOW, will be pointless...

Well... if prices are so high they will most likely proportionatly increase the 'drop' rate of these points from bosses.... only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Do you honestly believe they would let people stockpile enough points easily to allow for buying level 85 epics right away? The conversion is obviously just to at least give us some kind of reward for the emblems we didn't use, because it sure would suck if they were suddenly worthless. Obviously you won't get a 1:1 conversion rate from one expansion to the next, duh.

Did you even look at the post or links? He's posting about the cost of the level EIGHTY gear not the 85. With the current conversions gear will cost (using a poster before me rather than doing the math myself) roughly 4 times what it does now. Again, the level 80 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    I still don't know why people don't expect there to be a 1:0 conversion rate. No way are they going to allow us to carry forward our justice points that we now get from Triumph/Frost badges. There will be a reset of the points just like the reset honor and arena points in the past.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that currently, Triumph are converting into Justice Points (JP) as well as Frost. So, things really aren't so bad! If you have 40 frost and 250 triumph (low numbers for each really) then you are already sitting on 797 JP. So yes, the values can stay at the levels they are as long as all of the bosses in heroics give JP and not just the final one once a day (the current Frost system).

So people who do indeed think the numbers are place holders: Possibly, but very unlikely if the conversion/income stays the same due to 2 types of emblems equalling Justice Points.
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

anyone know how many triumphs youll need to get t10 gloves/shoulders?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankytanktank123 View Post
    anyone know how many triumphs youll need to get t10 gloves/shoulders?
    That's why the conversion tool is at the frontpage...

Quote Originally Posted by Mendol View Post
    No. No no no.

At cata release:
    - Valor buys tier 11 level items.
    - Justice buys lvl85 heroic dungeon level items, plus WoTLK and older tiers of items.

When the next tier gets released, All your current valor points get turned into justice points, and you start at 0 valor and:
    - Valor buys tier 12 level items
    - justice buys tier 11, plus lvl85 heroic dungeon items, plus any older items.

etc.
    It's never been verified as to what exactly the points will buy. All we know is that Valor is above Justice. Now, when WotLK came out, Heroism bought heroic/10 man gear while Valor bought 25 man. With 10 and 25 now having the same gear, there is some question as what exactly the points will buy. I severely doubt valor will buy heroic level gear, but is 10/25 going to be the same item level as heroics like when Wrath came out? I imagine Justice points will *probably* buy rare heroic-level gear, but will you be able to buy full sets with points, or only off-pieces? That's the million dollar question, and one I'm certainly interested to know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larivas View Post
    Did you even look at the post or links? He's posting about the cost of the level EIGHTY gear not the 85. With the current conversions gear will cost (using a poster before me rather than doing the math myself) roughly 4 times what it does now. Again, the level 80 gear.
    Ya the conversion rate or the costs are wonky. I don't understand their conversion ratio at all assuming it remains (T+F)*2.75 as that equation makes Triumph and Frost equal in value which is absolutely absurd.

The conversion rate would be fine if it was the cost of level 85 gear, or if the cost of the 85 gear was slightly higher. I'm all for not being able to buy a lot of gear as soon as you hit 85 with points you accumulated at level 80, but don't make it where the level 80 gear is so much more expensive than it currently is.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    Beta/PTR is Beta/PTR
    Retarded post is retarded.

Seriously, when it comes to the Beta/PTR, people are ENCOURAGED to speak up if they find something wrong. That's how bugs/glitches get fixed.

OT: With enough people speaking up on both the Live and Beta forums, I'm sure that Blizzard is aware of the currency exchange not matching up with what's on the PTR/Beta. Either the points for items will go down, or the exchange rate will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That's why the conversion tool is at the frontpage...
    There are costs on PTR for items, and the head/legs T10 is about 1100 points.

Are these the 'real' numbers or not? I'm guessing they are, and lvl85 "heroic dungeon" items are going to be 2x that price. Or possibly they represent the cost of lvl85 items, and the lvl80 ones will be cut in half or something from their current costs.

And, of course, lvl85 heroic dungeons will provide enough points such that the number of heroic dungeons runs it takes now to get a piece of gear with triumph badges will be about the same to get a justice piece of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... That Can't be right oO - Ive heard u get 90 honor from winning a bg n crap like tht.. Values cant be right huh?
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Source?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=24401796793

Justice Points -- Low-tier, easier-to-get PVE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, but no cap to how quickly you can earn them. Earned from most dungeons. (most like the current Emblem of Triumph)
    Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids. (most like the current Emblem of Frost)
    When a new tier of raiding gear is released or a new PvP season begins, your higher tier of points will be converted into the lower tier. For instance, if a new tier of raid gear is released, your Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and similarly if a new PvP season begins your Conquest points will be converted to Honor points. Of course that means with these new releases you'll always begin without any of the higher tier of points, and thus be unable to stockpile them.
    That covers everything but the part on older Valor items getting changed to purchasable with Justice. For that, you'd have to read up on the intention of the design, where Valor points represent "current tier" badges and Justice represent all previous badges, with a moving definition of current. When T12 content is released, T11 falls under the "all previous badges" category (though not actually badges).

The purpose of this wasn't to lock non-raiders out of getting older tier gear, it was to reduce the number of badge/emblem equivalents that players have to deal with.

Personally, I agree with the idea that the Justice points will initially be tradeable for high quality blues or low quality epics, the level of gear we're expected to be wearing when we start raiding in Cataclysm, and the Valor points will be tradeable for better epics, approximately equal to the kinds of gear that will be dropping in the raids. Then, when T12 is released, Justice will buy T11, since that's what they're expecting us to wear when we start raiding T12 content. This way, it's nothing but a simplification of what they've decided they like about WotLK emblems. That is, minimal time to gear up to raid current content, but reaching your optimal gear in the current content isn't as easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Either those are not the real values or we'll get a lot more Justice Points per heroic/raid run than badges.
    a)You can't just steamroll through them.
    b)You don't know for sure yet.
    c)They're putting a cap on how many JP's you can earn per day (or it might have been per week).
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Let me explain what I think is going on here.

Blizzard are completely scrapping the old systems so that they can start over fresh (Fair enough), what they don't want is peoples hard work to go to waste because they didn't spend all their Emblems. Blizzard probably don't want those who've just started farming heroics crazily in order to stockpile Emblems and thus get loads of Justice Points to get instant gear at 85.

They're most likely offering small compensation in order to say "We're starting over but here's a cookie for being part of this attempt."

This isn't 100%, this is just my suspicion as to what Blizzard will do, and the numbers have only just been released so there is plenty of time for them to get changed around and increased or lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    It's never been verified as to what exactly the points will buy. All we know is that Valor is above Justice. Now, when WotLK came out, Heroism bought heroic/10 man gear while Valor bought 25 man. With 10 and 25 now having the same gear, there is some question as what exactly the points will buy. I severely doubt valor will buy heroic level gear, but is 10/25 going to be the same item level as heroics like when Wrath came out? I imagine Justice points will *probably* buy rare heroic-level gear, but will you be able to buy full sets with points, or only off-pieces? That's the million dollar question, and one I'm certainly interested to know.
    I'm guessing that it breaks down as:
    Heroic Dungeon level (justice)
    Raid/T11 (valor)
    Heroic Raid/T11 (upgrade T11 items with tokens dropped in raid, similar to current marks of sanctification)

Source?
    read the old blue posts. this is how the new system is going to work. back then they were called Valor and Heroism points, but Heroism has been changed to Justice points.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    c)They're putting a cap on how many JP's you can earn per day (or it might have been per week).
    No, it says there's no limit on the number of JPs you can earn in a set period, but there is a cap to the number you can have total.

There's a limit to the number of valor points you can earn in a set period.

Seriously, just think of JPs as the current triumph badge and VP as the current frost badge. The mechanics will be identical.