Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it really comes down to how often HoL will proc with raid level gear. If you have more procs than you know what to do with I suppose throwing in an Inq. every 30 secs would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashka View Post
    What you are forgetting are seals and RV. Inquisition buffs all of your holy damage and most paladin abilities still do a holy damage (at least in part) someone compared TV to a rogue finisher, using that reference inquisition is like slice and dice: an increase to most of your passive damage. Even if it does not directly affect our big hitters it will still be an overall gain to DPS to have it up vs one more TV.
    our seals are hitting for piss poor damage and many of our holy spells are less then a third of tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashka View Post
    What you are forgetting are seals and RV. Inquisition buffs all of your holy damage and most paladin abilities still do a holy damage (at least in part) someone compared TV to a rogue finisher, using that reference inquisition is like slice and dice: an increase to most of your passive damage. Even if it does not directly affect our big hitters it will still be an overall gain to DPS to have it up vs one more TV.
    As was already said, seals were intentionally nerfed into the nether and RV doesn't exist anymore.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Seals would have to be the one weak aspect I see in the rotation. Not only is the damage lackluster, but they also just aren't very interesting. There's really only one viable seal for dps and you never really "notice" it's on. It's just boosting the damage you are already doing, and not by much.

If they gave TV a similar mechanic to HotR, there would be no discussion as to whether or not Inquisition is worth it. Part physical/part holy TV would make Inquisition invaluable.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Crusader Strike should get this treatment as well. The Ret paladin should completely rotate around Holy damage. It's what separates a paladin from a warrior or even a rogue.

Or perhaps a better idea, Ret paladins do "holy physical" damage with Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict. It is lessened by armor, but the damage done is all holy and increased by any effect that increases holy damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    What is the "smart" 2 HP version?

I would assume a 2HP rotation would be TV after 2 Crusader Strikes, unless you get lucky with procs and hit 3HP before the second CS?
    It's just using 2HP TV's period only using 3HP's from HoL procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Ret pvp on the PTR feels, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    What is the "smart" 2 HP version?

I would assume a 2HP rotation would be TV after 2 Crusader Strikes, unless you get lucky with procs and hit 3HP before the second CS?
    The "smart" 2HP rotation means that when you're at 2HP, if your next move is CS, go ahead and do it to get to 3HP and then TV. If your next move is a filler (Judge, Exo, or HW), use the filler and then immediately TV without waiting to see whether DP procs. The end result is that about 55-60% of your TVs will be 3HP, the remainder will be 2HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Geu View Post
    I just don't feel like a paladin anymore.
    If anything Cata is a RETURN ro being a paladin. Wrath was the "Machine age" for pallies. We just hit whatever wasnt on CD.

In vanilla it was apply a seal -> judge & consume it for a buff/debuff, Apply a new seal for DPSing, judge that for mana return, etc.
    and seals lasted 30 seconds.

BC & wrath Pallies had like 5 buttons... /sleep. SO BORING

and now in Cata Ret is probably the most fun spec in the game.
    Stop focusing I NEED MOAR DPS. the numbers will get fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    If anything Cata is a RETURN ro being a paladin. Wrath was the "Machine age" for pallies. We just hit whatever wasnt on CD.

In vanilla it was apply a seal -> judge & consume it for a buff/debuff, Apply a new seal for DPSing, judge that for mana return, etc.
    and seals lasted 30 seconds.

BC & wrath Pallies had like 5 buttons... /sleep. SO BORING

qft.

I haven't tried the other classes so I can't say it's the most fun, but it's so much more entertaining than the previous play style.

Quick question about rotation. Shouldn't judgment be first to get the haste buff going? I have spent about 15 mins on ptr so still learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    Quick question about rotation. Shouldn't judgment be first to get the haste buff going? I have spent about 15 mins on ptr so still learning.
    You could probably open with a Judge initially while running into the boss or mob while you are out of melee range, and then follow the normal rotation after.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that you have read any of the posts in this thread. While the overall picture is DPS, the focus of this thread is the rotation and its lack of fluidity. Please don't just post your random thoughts. Your reply is more fitting on the WoW>Paladin forums where the sky is always falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    Crusader Strike should get this treatment as well. The Ret paladin should completely rotate around Holy damage. It's what separates a paladin from a warrior or even a rogue.

Or perhaps a better idea, Ret paladins do "holy physical" damage with Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict. It is lessened by armor, but the damage done is all holy and increased by any effect that increases holy damage.
    If that happened I'm sure we'd get so many pvp'ers complaining that there's no holy resist in game and rets are OP etc... etc...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    You could probably open with a Judge initially while running into the boss or mob while you are out of melee range, and then follow the normal rotation after.
    Long Arm of the Law says yesss

I don't know. I just don't like this system one bit. Wrath was already starting to piss me off with it's shitty system, and now it's gone above and beyond the point of no return.

It's just me. I hate it. I loved TBC so much, being such an underdog and doing miraculous things, and now it's nothing anymore. I liked using different seals for different occasions, and judging them actually used the seal. I liked Judgement off the GCD so I could auto-attack, CS, and judge instantly. I loved being a burst machine. But again, that's just me. :I
    Last edited by Geu; 2010-09-16 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    Long Arm of the Law says yesss
    My point is shouldn't judgement be higher up on the list regarding keeping the haste buff up? Obviously your going to judge on the pull, but after that where would you prioritize judgement? I would think at the top or near it, please correct me here if I am wrong. Again not referring to the damage portion but to keep the buff active.

Deleted
    My point is shouldn't judgement be higher up on the list regarding keeping the haste buff up? Obviously your going to judge on the pull, but after that where would you prioritize judgement? I would think at the top or near it, please correct me here if I am wrong. Again not referring to the damage portion but to keep the buff active.
    the buff has a pretty long duration so you do no need to judge often to keep it up so judgements prio is more depending on if you need the mana or not

The haste buff from Judgements of the Pure lasts 1 minute. There's no need for Judgement to be at or near the top of the priority list in order to keep a 100% uptime on it. I'd imagine it will be either the #1 or #2 filler due to the Judgements of the Bold effect, but I doubt very much it will be above CS in priority.