15+ Year Old Account

When heroics will be heroic again

Comparing heroics in TBC with heroics in Wrath is like comparing an archbishop with an archmage: they may have the same prefix, but they are nothing alike.

TBC
    Heroics lived up to the name and the hype surrounding this new concept. Blizzard wanted to introduce real hardmode versions for level capped players. Heroic modes that really challenged players to be well-geared, well-versed in the fights, and situationally aware. They were like mini-raids and required knowing every encounter, being quick on the CC, utilising all of your buttons and cooldowns, and having a decent collection of gear from end-game normals and professions.

Wrath
    "Heroic" dungeons simply bear the name. They are the level 80 version of lower level dungeons. The "end-game" dungeons were only level 78, and so taking a different approach while maintaining the same description was Blizzard's way of giving us more content. If you don't know every aspect of every boss fight, then the penalty is never overwhelming. Until the ICC-5 dungeons and their heroic modes were released, we didn't really get a taste of any sort of challenge. And when we compare even those with Magister's Terrace, or places like Shadow Labyrinth and Shattered Halls at their respective levels, they barely live up to the name.

Cataclysm
    And so we look at the Catacylsm model - the intended drive back towards attuning yourself and being prepared to face heroics, that bear not only the title, but the mechanics, the expectation and the content of actual heroic instances. If the normals pose a challenge and require you to learn the encounters, asking you to utilise all of your skills (and skill), then how much more so will heroics be a real hearkening back to the challenge they were when first introduced.

Conclusion
    How does this make you feel? Do you look forward to actually having to run the normal modes of dungeons a few times to get gear and experience in order to be able to tackle heroic modes? Do you think you will spend a lot of time running heroics in Cataclysm? Are you likely to stick more to guild runs than pugging or do you expect the skill level of players to increase on demand?

Sink or swim, there is definitely more of a challenge ahead. And it is good.
    For the Alliance!

Jesus Christ, we do NOT need another thread about this.

Heroics were easy in Wrath. They will be harder in Cataclysm. It's time for people to stop crying and move on. Wrath of the Lich King is over.

It's true and I am glad for the change!

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Jesus Christ, we do NOT need another thread about this.

Heroics were easy in Wrath. They will be harder in Cataclysm. It's time for people to stop crying and move on. Wrath of the Lich King is over.
    If you read OP, it is not another complaint over CATA TOO HARD/GC SAID THIS AND THAT QQQQQQ/WOTLK IS TEH BEST

its just "are you happy about Cata being harder in 5mans HC/What do you think?" Stop being an hasshat, the only thing I can say is "another one of this douche posts?"

I feel that BC heroics were too hard for some people and required CC that many classes didn't have, which excluded them. As long as Cata heroics aren't are restrictive as BC heroics (and a little easier for the scrubbies) I think they will be a blast.

Also, I think the normals need to be toned down too. From what I've seen in videos, normals are a little too difficult. I like difficulty but if a good player or two can't carry 3 baddies through a normal then dungeon grinding is going to be a pain. Heroics should be more of a guild thing (for the points) so I'm not worried as much about baddies ruining a run.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-09-16 at 02:38 PM.

Sorry if I missed something. Are you saying there's rep requirements for cata heroics?

On topic: I like the idea of harder heroics. The ICC 5 mans are pretty much spot on, difficulty wise, imo. (At least they were before eveyone got ICC gear.) If the cata heroics are similar to those, plus some need for CC, nerfed AoE etc. it'll be perfect
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-09-16 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So heroics aren't even implemented on the beta servers and already we are drawing conclusions...?

That is just awesome (no...not really)
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    one year ago i lost chance to eat lunch because i was doing instance and my family ate all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Until the ICC-5 dungeons and their heroic modes were released, we didn't really get a taste of any sort of challenge.
    I take it you leveled slowly or late and got carried through heroics via the lfg tool? I hit 80 within 4 days and at that time heroics were pretty freaking tough, even as a guild run. That only lasted a few weeks however, until the masses started getting Naxx25 gear.

Let's see... the heroics aren't implemented yet, the oft-mentioned "Numbers pass" hasn't been done yet, either of those would make claims about heroic difficulty guesswork at best, but both of those factors are the case ATM, so thusfar we know nothing, except that CC is needed in regular-modes (With "lol, numbers pass isn't done yet"-clause in force)

15+ Year Old Account
    There's enough threads about this topic already.

Last word.