PTR and Model Viewer

I wasn't sure if anyone had stumbled on to this, so i made an account just to spread the word. If you use the model viewer on the PTR files, the worgen and goblin stuff will show up if anyone wanted to check it out.
    Last edited by Coil; 2010-09-16 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably farming Leather to fund my mount habit
    And the Ysera Model.

Nice!
    Proud member of the "Who cares about no beta, Cataclysm's out now" club.

Well post some pics! Please

are the zones to? I mean...hyjal and stuff?
    sound like if it was really the cataclysm client just that it's...toggled off

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 03:19 AM ----------

how much space does the ptr take? and do ptrs take less space than retail? cuz by having the double of each map file (IE, normal barrens and split barrens) sounds like a great amount of space wasted for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    are the zones to? I mean...hyjal and stuff?
    sound like if it was really the cataclysm client just that it's...toggled off

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 03:19 AM ----------

how much space does the ptr take? and do ptrs take less space than retail? cuz by having the double of each map file (IE, normal barrens and split barrens) sounds like a great amount of space wasted for nothing
    Yes the ptr has both the cata version and the old one however the old version takes of relatively little space.

I can't post any pictures yet, but if you want one, just PM me

and as far as size goes, the PTR weighs in at 16.4 GB while my Live install is around 20 or so. I'm not sure why it's smaller to tell the truth. I couldn't tell you about the maps, I dont have the map viewer, just the model viewer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    I can't post any pictures yet, but if you want one, just PM me

and as far as size goes, the PTR weighs in at 16.4 GB while my Live install is around 20 or so. I'm not sure why it's smaller to tell the truth. I couldn't tell you about the maps, I dont have the map viewer, just the model viewer

its cos your ptr uses most of the MPQs from your live install, its usually alot smaller than 16GB so that must be the cata stuff