Thread: The West.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the Titans re appearance 460 years ago the world faced rejuvenation many species were wiped out when this happened. and new species arised from this time.Ultimately the threat was adverted but the land scape had changed where it had happen

New continent between Ek Kal and northrend many new islands were made after the great upheaval when Queen Azshara gained control of Neptulons trident raising many islands aswell as nazjatar

Naga are still a big threat to sailors but only attack if provoked. they are tolerated in Horde and Alliance Cities through a mutual trade agreement.

Naga still live in water but are capable of surface travel like a water snake and can last on land for several days.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    Most epic song indeed. Link the Metallica version too!

might be because I used to listen to the album a lot, but actually this version needs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPtGJjyajc queued right after it
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2010-09-16 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    With the Titans re appearance 460 years ago the world faced rejuvenation many species were wiped out when this happened. and new species arised from this time.Ultimately the threat was adverted but the land scape had changed where it had happen

New continent between Ek Kal and northrend many new islands were made after the great upheaval when Queen Azshara gained control of Neptulons trident raising many islands aswell as nazjatar

Naga are still a big threat to sailors but only attack if provoked. they are tolerated in Horde and Alliance Cities through a mutual trade agreement.

Naga still live in water but are capable of surface travel like a water snake and can last on land for several days.
    I'll contribute. I'll continue my version. (yours are good btw)

The Horde crumbled 400 AGC. They had been weakened greatly over the past 200 years. The Blood Elves left soon after the Cataclysm and cured their magic addiction with the Sunwell. They are now neutral/alliance. The Tauren are now a neutral race that live off the land. Over time, the Goblins that were allied to the Horde decreased greatly over the years until nearly none are left. The Undead were crushed many years ago by the Horde, and Sylvanas was disemboweled personally by Garrosh. The forsaken crumbled, and the Undercity nothing more than smoldering ruins. Many years later Tirisfal was restored to it's former beauty and the Humans built a great city over what used to be Undercity. With none left to defend their city, the Humans marched upon Orgrimmar and shacked it with little effort. It was turned into a neutral city now know as Brimstone.

Thrall died during the Battle of Grim Batol. He did not die in vain, as Deathwing died with him. The Alliance rule Azeroth with an iron fist. Human and Dwarves are the most common race, and Human-Dwarf hybrids are more common by the day. Human-Dwarf hybrids share many Dwarven and Human traits. The Human-Dwarf is taller than the normal dwarf, averaging 5'4 - 5'5. He is stronger and hairier than your average Human, but is much less agile and is longer lived, and also shares the Human Spirit.

Most technology is steam-driven today. Swords and armor and much less common than they were 500 years ago, and guns are universal in the great West. They are clockwork, able to fire multiple bullets without reloading. It is thought of as one of the greatest inventions in Azeroth.

Vanessa Vancleef was killed by a vengeful stranger many years ago. Story goes Vanessa killed his parents, the Furlbrows. They hung Theodore Furlbrow on a noose tied to a light pole, and made him balance himself on the young strangers shoulders. It wasn't long before Theodore lost his balance. Vanessa had no remorse, and neither did her lackeys. The Stranger survived, and sought vengeance his entire life. He eventually got what he wanted, revenge. He made it through the Deadmines and to the great Ogre Juggernaut, fueled by hatred and revenge. He faced Vanessa, with his Clock-work pistol in his holster. There was a pause, and then they both reached for their guns. The Stranger was to fast, he drew first and fired a single round into Vanessa's chest. She dropped to her knees.

"Who... Who are you?".... The Stranger said nothing, but he pulled out an old, out of tune harmonica, walked away, and started to play a haunting tune. Vanessa nodded in acknowledgment, and died. Theodore was an avid Harmonica player. The Stanger became an icon from than on out. In the current day great West he has received mystical status.
    Last edited by niehan; 2010-09-16 at 07:27 AM.

That song is epic. So fucking epic. It actually sounds like WoW (I guess they got some of their influence from that when creating the wow soundtrack).
    A WoW western could be a fun spinoff I think. We need an event. I always wanted to have a stylish cowboy outfit. Let's all suggest this on official forums :P

The song is going to run on endlessyoutube for the whole day now. And I need to watch that movie.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Or 2. They realize that the entire Horde army is only equivalent to MAYBE the Human population and back down.

The Horde is made up of battered and broken races.. The Trolls, Tauren, Goblins, Blood Elves lore-wise have very small numbers.. same goes for the Orcs and the Undead.
    Except that, lorewise, one horde soldier is WAY more stronger than one alliance soldier, that's why the alliance relies so heavily on gnomish machines and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    Except that, lorewise, one horde soldier is WAY more stronger than one alliance soldier, that's why the alliance relies so heavily on gnomish machines and magic.
    That's not always true. An experienced Human solider could easily kill a gang of Orc Grunts at once.

Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    That's not always true. An experienced Human solider could easily kill a gang of Orc Grunts at once.
    Gee, I never would have guessed that the alliance army consisted solely of Turalyons, Allerias, Lothars and Khadgars...

While sole individuals might be strogner than your average peon, Taurens, Orc and Trolls are stronger and more agile than humans, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    Gee, I never would have guessed that the alliance army consisted solely of Turalyons, Allerias, Lothars and Khadgars...

While sole individuals might be strogner than your average peon, Taurens, Orc and Trolls are stronger and more agile than humans, to say the least.
    With swords and armor it depends more on your skill and less on brute strength. And I'm pretty sure Humans are much faster and agile than Orcs and Tauren. Anyways, I still think a Human vs orc is pretty even. A tauren would have an advantage, I can't argue with that, but their not as common as Orcs. Any other race is pretty much the same, especially undead, Blood Elves and goblins who all are physically weaker than Humans.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    With swords and armor it depends more on your skill and less on brute strength. And I'm pretty sure Humans are much faster and agile than Orcs and Tauren. Anyways, I still think a Human vs orc is pretty even. A tauren would have an advantage, I can't argue with that, but their not as common as Orcs. Any other race is pretty much the same, especially undead, Blood Elves and goblins who all are physically weaker than Humans.
    by lore-wise i think he hinted to the WC RTS games.
    pit a grunt vs. an alliance footman and the footman will get stomped.
    isn't the case in WOW though.

more on topic : nice story OP , do not want what happens to our precious horde though !