Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Blizzard going to redo any of the 1-60 instances?

Is Blizzard going to redo all/any instances from 1-60?
    Reason I ask is Blizzard has stated multiple times that they want aoe to be less important. But right now every single instance 1-80 is a huge aoe fest. And classes who don't get their aoe until late levels are pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellehendro View Post
    Is Blizzard going to redo all/any instances from 1-60?
    Reason I ask is Blizzard has stated multiple times that they want aoe to be less important. But right now every single instance 1-80 is a huge aoe fest. And classes who don't get their aoe until late levels are pretty much useless.
    Actually, if you're doing it level-appropriate, 1-60 are hardly AOE fests. 70-80, perhaps, but pulling large packs in the instances before Northrend can get you killed much faster.

They re-did almost all of them...
    DM, Stockades, WC, Scholomance...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1283

Almost all, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    Actually, if you're doing it level-appropriate, 1-60 are hardly AOE fests. 70-80, perhaps, but pulling large packs in the instances before Northrend can get you killed much faster.
    I've recently leveled with my gf as a warrior-healer team through dungeons only and 1-60 is very much AoE fest. I've never seen or have used any CC whatsoever in them. And we did ALL dungeons for the achivies (including all TBC heroics). Maybe you hit groups with a ret pally tanking or some other nonsense but if you're healer and tanks are specced properly there's no reason the incoming dmg should get the tank killed.

Deleted
    Sorry, 1-60 is an aoe-fest level appropriate with heirlooms

Didn't the last bluepost say that AQ 20 became a 10man instance? or is that still lvl 60?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about you, but I've found the low level ones past about level 30, once most classes have AOE, to be total AOE fests. I've been leveling a Warlock this past month, and every dungeon past level 20 has had the tank run and grab a bunch of stuff while whoever has AOE does it and the rest kill as they can. In fact, with the power of heirlooms they're far easier to AOE murder than Northrend dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Eh, I don't know about the others, but I ran through Scholomance on Beta a week ago. It's the exact same bosses, trash, quests, and layout. Only change I saw was that they stuck all the quest giving NPCs in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I've recently leveled with my gf as a warrior-healer team through dungeons only and 1-60 is very much AoE fest. I've never seen or have used any CC whatsoever in them. And we did ALL dungeons for the achivies (including all TBC heroics). Maybe you hit groups with a ret pally tanking or some other nonsense but if you're healer and tanks are specced properly there's no reason the incoming dmg should get the tank killed.
    I'm assuming you are leveling with heirloom gear. Blizzard cannot balance instances around normal gear and heirloom gear (which is grossly overpowered). You farm heirloom gear to make leveling easier/faster and think Blizz should re-tune the instances so they are just as challenging? If anything, the BoAs are what need tuning. Try running BRD at about 50-52 in a group with normal gear.

Vanilla and BC 5 mans have an appropriate amount of required CC UNLESS YOU ARE OVERGEARED. Heirloom scaling is the problem, not the instances themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Drfeargood View Post
    I'm assuming you are leveling with heirloom gear. Blizzard cannot balance instances around normal gear and heirloom gear (which is grossly overpowered). You farm heirloom gear to make leveling easier/faster and think Blizz should re-tune the instances so they are just as challenging? If anything, the BoAs are what need tuning. Try running BRD at about 50-52 in a group with normal gear.

Vanilla and BC 5 mans have an appropriate amount of required CC UNLESS YOU ARE OVERGEARED. Heirloom scaling is the problem, not the instances themselves.
    This, really. Try doing it without heirlooms, I specifically remember a warrior tank running into Uldaman and trying to pull an entire room. Died in about 5 seconds there.
    And maybe I'm still speaking about lvl 70 heroic content when it was level appropriate and before another series of talent revamps from WotLK. I haven't run 70 heroics since WotLK launched, but.. I remember you did need CC back then, unless you were sporting some decent Tier.

Deleted
    A single correctly specced (Shatter, Frostbite, ice shards, one or more points in improved blizzard) heirloomed frost mage puts out so much AOE dps that anything over the level 33 it takes to have that spec can be blown to pieces. I once had the joy of running with a dual-box frost mage who ran two of those in one dungeon. It was obscene, to say the least.

Heirlooms are good enough that any blue gear you could use over an heirloom weapon is not worth it, and epics are only good for 4 levels or so. Heirlooms scaling is fairly damn high, and makes dungeons significantly easier.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yes ofc are tHey redoing them, some more than others, they are also fixing loot

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

well if its any sort of comfort, even if they dont redo ALL of them deadmines is amazing so meh!
    and i mean actually amazing ;p
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    Eh, I don't know about the others, but I ran through Scholomance on Beta a week ago. It's the exact same bosses, trash, quests, and layout. Only change I saw was that they stuck all the quest giving NPCs in the instance.
    except the small and minor detail that both scholo and strat are now for lvl 40+ rather than 60+

I hope they got rid of the skill that the mobs in RFC have, the knockdown one, that was annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I hope they got rid of the skill that the mobs in RFC have, the knockdown one, that was annoying as fuck.
    would you prefer all mobs to have 1 hp and just stand still then? or just have a pile of loot in a box when you enter the instance???

They have done a lot of work on the older instances. I gotta say, I am in two minds about doing Deadmins and SFK on level 85 though O_o Will see how that works out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    Be glad they're removing ZG, then we are saved from the terror of Axe Throwers.
    The thought still makes me scared at night. *shiver*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    except the small and minor detail that both scholo and strat are now for lvl 40+ rather than 60+
    Eh, I don't really count that as redoing a dungeon though. It's the same exact dungeon as on live with numbers scaled down is all.

Something like Stockades, now, where there's a new wing of sorts and new mobs/bosses... That's a redone dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Be glad they're removing ZG, then we are saved from the terror of Axe Throwers.
    The thought still makes me scared at night. *shiver*
    Urgh, I hate those guys. They make clearing the trash before the tiger boss for my mount runs a massive pain.

well they lowered the level to 40 , ergo its been redone.

shame BRS hasnt had the same treatment