Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DarkSim & Windfury

Hello everybody,

If you get Windfury Weapon from a Shaman and use it, will it be there for the whole 30 minutes?
    If so, there's gonna be duelling in instances. a lot
    Or am I misunderstanding something?

Lot of the spells Dark sim steals in beta are bugs. I think it's suppose to be like a spell reflect mix with spell steal, but they do not want DKs stealing shadow form, WF, etc. My guess if the move can not be disspelled you can not steal that buff.

Deleted
    that's kinda like what I was thinking, because a DK with permanent WF is hard to balance^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    they do not want DKs stealing shadow form
    Yes, they do..
    This was the hot topic after people started getting to 85 and found out that these things could in fact be stolen. Some time after (can't remember, but lets say a couple of days) Boub posted a blue saying that they didn't mind people stealing spells such as shadow form i.e. .. Although, they would limit it by making a X duration on effects like these.

Deleted
    I hope not..it's ok to be spell reflect mix(as in stealing fireballs and such..even heals), but it's kinda not so good stealing buffs seeing some are actually very class specific and balanced around that(shadow form) and are actually useful to Dks. I just don't want to see the day when every 30min a DK and shamy go out to duel so the DK can have WF of whatever to do his dps. this is going to be problematic and i think blizz might nerf DS in case this becomes popular practics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    Yes, they do..
    This was the hot topic after people started getting to 85 and found out that these things could in fact be stolen. Some time after (can't remember, but lets say a couple of days) Boub posted a blue saying that they didn't mind people stealing spells such as shadow form i.e. .. Although, they would limit it by making a X duration on effects like these.
    you have a link to it? j/w, wanted to see it
    Yes and no, but maybe.

Cataclysm Beta forum - DK
    Here is what GC said in this thread, which backs up my previous statement:
    "There' still some polish needed on Dark Simulacrum. We are going to try and let it affect everything we possibly can, but there have to be some limitations. Copying pets and the like is just something we can't handle really well. We also need to make sure that some effects have a duration. It's probably okay to copy Shadowform, but Shadowform itself has no duration and the DK version needs to. "

It is at the bottom of the page, btw

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the duration of such buffs will not exeed 1 min, more likely 30 sec or even less.
    everything else would be harsh, and create severe balance issues (think DKs wanting to get ported to every hard boss because he first has tu duell a friend to steal his buffs, and then pulling retarded dps).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    I guess the duration of such buffs will not exeed 1 min, more likely 30 sec or even less.
    [..]
    Even tho they say it should be ok to steal shadowform i think not :X Even if u take the 15% shadow damage might be too good for say unholy(shadow part of SS, coil, blood plague)..But the 15% damage reduction bother me more..Its 15% reduction, hell even 30s duration might force DK tanks to steal that. And i doubt shadow form will be changed cuz Dks can steal it..more likely a change to what DS can steal...either that or u can have a 30min shadow form with just the visuals but no benefits.

Edit: also i hope it can't steal buffs bosses might cast cuz that can potentioally turn Dks into buffbots..stealing a OP buff from a boss/add ( see vampiric embrace or whatever it was called - the selfheal from LadyD adds and whatnot else) and spaming it on as many raid members as possible within the duration.
    Last edited by mmocc65b7f111f; 2010-09-16 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    Even tho they say it should be ok to steal shadowform i think not :X Even if u take the 15% shadow damage might be too good for say unholy(shadow part of SS, coil, blood plague)..But the 15% damage reduction bother me more..Its 15% reduction, hell even 30s duration might force DK tanks to steal that. And i doubt shadow form will be changed cuz Dks can steal it..more likely a change to what DS can steal...either that or u can have a 30min shadow form with just the visuals but no benefits.

Edit: also i hope it can't steal buffs bosses might cast cuz that can potentioally turn Dks into buffbots..stealing a OP buff from a boss/add ( see vampiric embrace or whatever it was called - the selfheal from LadyD adds and whatnot else) and spaming it on as many raid members as possible within the duration.
    Well if you steal a buff with 30 sec duration you will not manage to keep it for more than a couple of sec of a boss fight. And Blizz will keep a close eye on boss abilities, I wouldn´t worry about that.

Blizzard also wrote a word about boss abilities. DKs will either be able to steal / reflect the ability to a certain extent or it will not work with X ability at all

Deleted
    i thought the stolen spells had x seconds duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    i thought the stolen spells had x seconds duration?
    Right now that depends on which spell you steal. You have the possibility to cast the spell for like 18 seconds (i think?), but right now, there is no modified duration for the spell that you cast - it is the same as it would be for the original casting class. For example, Shadow Form is permanent

Deleted
    thanks for all the replies so far, am I correct that in the current state on beta, if i DS windfury, i have it on my weapon
    -in ADDITION to my rune
    -for 30 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    Lot of the spells Dark sim steals in beta are bugs. I think it's suppose to be like a spell reflect mix with spell steal, but they do not want DKs stealing shadow form, WF, etc. My guess if the move can not be disspelled you can not steal that buff.
    Actually that's not true, they said they will make short durations for certain spells like shadowform to make it more interesting.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    thanks for all the replies so far, am I correct that in the current state on beta, if i DS windfury, i have it on my weapon
    -in ADDITION to my rune
    -for 30 minutes?
    Yes, add Seal of Command to it and pretend not to be broken, at all

It's very possible we will be able to steal things like WF and Shadowform, but they won't have a very long duration.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

While it currently lasts for 30 mins i bet on live there will be a time limit of around 2 mins like mage's spellsteal.

Deleted
    Mage here. Does that mean if cast Ice Block the dk gets blocked too? lol

They would theoretically be able to use IB

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.