LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    That is what Retribution is for :/
    Well, actually...

We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 vs 1 is not balanced for most classes. Healer vs damage is an even more un-balanced fight. The healer is meant to heal, so ofc the damage wont be very good. In the same way a damage dealer is not meant to heal, so the healing wont be that high (if any at all). Some classes can damage and heal, but those heals are not very strong, but enough to keep them alive if they face a pure healer. In this way, a damage-dealer with healing abilities will usually kill a healer, while a good healer can kill someone slowly who cannot self-heal. Do you think it would be fair if you, as a healer could kill a damage dealer? If you answer yes, then tell me who would even want to play a damage dealer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. Because a healer should be able to compete with the damage of a DPS spec. That would be fair. /sarcasm

Give up the shockadin thing, it'll never happen. If you want Paladin DPS, spec Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by janou13 View Post
    its not troll to be in arena with a unholy dk or an affl lock and after 40 min of stupid fight u told to your self ok im overpower i cant get oom but is fair this 2 stupid noobish classes have so much self heal ??

ITS PATHETIC .....nerf DPS self heal or gief some more decent dmg to holy palas
    Dunno about Unholy DKs, but Affliction Warlocks have their healing nerfed by a lot in Cataclysm. Check out their Soul Siphon talent changes.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    troll, fkn terrible word for the meaning, people making up these bullshit words for things these days
    These days? Been around for years. And its meaning is perfectly fine: gross, obnoxious thing that contributes nothing to society. Sounds like a stereotypical troll (as in, not the WoW brand) to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    Right. Because a healer should be able to compete with the damage of a DPS spec. That would be fair. /sarcasm

Give up the shockadin thing, it'll never happen. If you want Paladin DPS, spec Ret.

Dunno about Unholy DKs, but Affliction Warlocks have their healing nerfed by a lot in Cataclysm. Check out their Soul Siphon talent changes.

These days? Been around for years. And its meaning is perfectly fine: gross, obnoxious thing that contributes nothing to society. Sounds like a stereotypical troll (as in, not the WoW brand) to me.
    ive been on the net for years lol no life but meh i have never heard of it until this year, and i ment something with such a meaning and people gave it the name troll, seriously bullshit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I sniff Troll

either he is trying to hard to be funny or he is indeed trolling

Deleted
    Pure troll.

hav u try to kill a ench shammy in beta ??? his nuke is insane ...not only the ench - elemental too !! the point is not that i lost the point was that my holy shock does 4 k dmg and my exorsism was nerf again ...i know is beta ...but with this number holy pala offencing spell are pathetic.

a good disc priest , resto druid , resto dmg can output decend dmg which its enough to kill anyone. holy pala its just cant ...dps self heal is more from our dps

and sry for my bad english

He's not a troll. Stupid maybe, yes.
    Most dps classes needed the odd healing talent even if it was miniscule, do you know how depressing grinding and eating after 4-5 mobs is?..as for your holy paladin argument.. stun w/e is attacking you, run off.. DUAAAALSPEC ret then hit them with a hammer.

Don't expect to kill things as holy, Dps have crappy healing abilities, Healers have crappy damaging abilities, thats just how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by fanlol View Post
    Keywords "Healing Class"
    I don't think healers were meant to do great damage buddy.
    Well, a couple of days i went to skirmish as unholy DK(251-270 pvp gear)+Bryntroll 264. It was late, so i was alone, and at opposite side was also 1 player, who happened to be a disc priest. We were fighting for like 5 minutes, then the priest left, because it was a draw, and no one could kill each other. And then i looked at healing/damage done. The priest did nearly 65% of the damage done by me.
    Why paladins can't do similar amounts of damage? Both are healing classes. And STFu about HPal survivability and utility, disc priest has lots of utility, and is hard to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcw1982 View Post
    I think you have more problems when you start losing to a ECH Shaman. Must be the only class to get a 4th spec....
    Sorry to disappoint, but enh is great in duels againt healers. Purge spam+short cooldown interrupt+self heal(so healers can't outlast). Of course they are weak in any other area of pvp, but in duels against healers they are godly.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-09-16 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Holy Paladins ARE NOT resto druids, nor are we resto shamans. We are as far apart from disc priests as we can be. In fact, they are our counterclass.

Holy palas aren't mean't to kill things. I don't want to list things what holy palas have over other healing specs just to make this thread into a "but my spec has <XY> to counter your skill and the other healing spec has way more <AB> than HoPas".

The only healing spec that I would consider superior in Arena is the resto-druid - and NOT for his damage but his versatility. Shapshifting, healing with hots, stealth, CYCLONE, roots. Everything for it's own isn't OP, the combination is.#

Edit: typoz, lots of

druid and shammy are casters ?? ONLY ??

WHAT ABOUT ...ech and feral are casters too ??? they are meleeeeeee WITH HEALING

and retri is totally nerf in cata ...

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Well, a couple of days i went to skirmish as unholy DK(251-270 pvp gear)+Bryntroll 264. It was late, so i was alone, and at opposite side was also 1 player, who happened to be a disc priest. We were fighting for like 5 minutes, then the priest left, because it was a draw, and no one could kill each other. And then i looked and healing/damage done. The priest did nearly 65% of the damage done by me.
    Why paladins can't do similar amounts of damage? Both are healing classes. And STFu about HPal survivability and utility, disc priest has lots of utility, and is hard to kill.
    Not to insult you or anything but Cool story bro, however we're discussing cataclysm.

Oh, and Disc priests die with a mortal strike affect. Not that you have one but felt that should be pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Well, a couple of days i went to skirmish as unholy DK(251-270 pvp gear)+Bryntroll 264. It was late, so i was alone, and at opposite side was also 1 player, who happened to be a disc priest. We were fighting for like 5 minutes, then the priest left, because it was a draw, and no one could kill each other. And then i looked and healing/damage done. The priest did nearly 65% of the damage done by me.

ty ^^

I never Pvp.

Tadaaaaah!

If you're not a troll, then just go play something else.
    As Ive said to many other players: If you play the game for just one character, one spec and only pvp... Well, you had it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Deleted
    A def warri can creep and lvl as good as any fury or Ms warri. they are even better than the others in PVP till they reach max lvl.
    so holy palas should also be able to deal as much dmg as rets and prot palas while they lvl.
    A holy should be able to use his mana and GCD to deal dmg OR heal. sure, dmg should be less bursty and not 100% of the ret dmg, but there should be some kind of dmg that scratches the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Níghtmare View Post
    Not to insult you or anything but Cool story bro, however we're discussing cataclysm.

Oh, and Disc priests die with a mortal strike affect. Not that you have one but felt that should be pointed out.
    If you would be a warrior or priest you would know that a MS alone doesnt kill a disc preist.
    he has still his dmg reductions and shield that doesnt get effected by MS.

And in Cata every healer and tank class can deal a good amount of dmg (even very high while lvling) but holy palas cant ATM.
    Last edited by mmoc5185dd4624; 2010-09-16 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    1 vs 1 is not balanced for most classes. Healer vs damage is an even more un-balanced fight. The healer is meant to heal, so ofc the damage wont be very good. In the same way a damage dealer is not meant to heal, so the healing wont be that high (if any at all). Some classes can damage and heal, but those heals are not very strong, but enough to keep them alive if they face a pure healer. In this way, a damage-dealer with healing abilities will usually kill a healer, while a good healer can kill someone slowly who cannot self-heal. Do you think it would be fair if you, as a healer could kill a damage dealer? If you answer yes, then tell me who would even want to play a damage dealer?
    Emh, not to start anything... But is there ANY class that cant self heal at Cata? ._.'

And to be frank, Im holy pala that was questing in pve healing gear and all that, randomly got attacked by a roughly equalled geard DK. We fight for couple of minutes. I dont die, Im healer ofc, he dont die, he got those self-healing abilities.

Yet I managed to kill him. Get his health to 50% before he us any self-healing, use capow HoJ, pop all CD´s and frankly nuke him down with a HS. Not impossible.

But then again, no one of us had pvp gear (Not me at least), would probably not work in PvP very well, and ofc, have no idea how it will work in Cata. :'3

Wait , did you also do autohit on him ? ret gets alot of dmg out of white hits , i bet you didnt autohit on the "ech" shamy did you ? That is your flaw ... learn to play holy dps :O

Yeah i did feed the troll
    Last edited by Seadog; 2010-09-16 at 10:45 AM.

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Emh, not to start anything... But is there ANY class that cant self heal at Cata? ._.'

And to be frank, Im holy pala that was questing in pve healing gear and all that, randomly got attacked by a roughly equalled geard DK. We fight for couple of minutes. I dont die, Im healer ofc, he dont die, he got those self-healing abilities.

Yet I managed to kill him. Get his health to 50% before he us any self-healing, use capow HoJ, pop all CD´s and frankly nuke him down with a HS. Not impossible.

But then again, no one of us had pvp gear (Not me at least), would probably not work in PvP very well, and ofc, have no idea how it will work in Cata. :'3

for my opinion u killed or really noob dk or he was really bored this all thing !! in decent fights ( equal skill + same gear ) the fight never ends until one of the 2 just bored and suicide

ret can hardly kill anyone, why should holy?