Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Inquisition Reminds me of Vanilla Seals

Reapplying your seal every 30 seconds in vanilla was awful. Does Inquisition feel like this? I really hope they buff its duration to 1 minute, at least.

No. Just no. Other classes have to use similar buffs for their full potential, do they complain? No. Inquisition is not the same as seals. So don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's basically Hunger for Blood for Rets.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayl View Post
    No. Just no. Other classes have to use similar buffs for their full potential, do they complain? No. Inquisition is not the same as seals. So don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
    Do other classes complain about their mechanics? No? Have you ever been to any of the class forums? Don't try to fix something that isn't broken? What?

I'm really just looking for meaning in what you're saying and I'm not finding any...

Resealing every 30 seconds in vanilla was a nightmare. It was a huge improvement to go to 5m seals and then later 30m. Casting Inquisition every 30s, I can imagine, will feel very similar to resealing every 30s in vanilla. I didn't say it was broken...It will just be annoying.

welcome to what every other class has to do. Watch buffs(debuffs), reapply them, dps, rinse and repeat

In Vanilla you weren't just resealing every 30 seconds, you were resealing every time you judged, since judgment consumed your seal. It didn't really matter though since judgment was off the GCD.

The inquisition changes take away some of our front loaded damage, which was needed. I just wish they would start letting Seal of Vengeance stack off of something besides auto attacks, that way we could use more in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol View Post
    In Vanilla you weren't just resealing every 30 seconds, you were resealing every time you judged, since judgment consumed your seal. It didn't really matter though since judgment was off the GCD.

The inquisition changes take away some of our front loaded damage, which was needed. I just wish they would start letting Seal of Vengeance stack off of something besides auto attacks, that way we could use more in PvP.
    oh man, I totally forgot that judgment consumed our seals. that was a long time ago! Awesome.

Deleted
    i lvled my pally back in vanilla i've never understood why they build somesthing like this in it was terrible.

but actually i don't know what a prot warri hast to maintain with self buffs but it sounds not as fun for me to do so

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    It's basically Hunger for Blood for Rets.
    No, wrong.. If you are keen on using rogue analogy it's basically Slice and Dice for rets.

Its fine, watching CDs etc is important to ensure you can distance yourself from those rets who still faceroll - it also brings you in line with SOME other specs in terms of complexity. Given how huge of a boner Blizzard have over Paladins at the moment they won't force you to do something that is grossly unpopular - or pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    No, wrong.. If you are keen on using rogue analogy it's basically Slice and Dice for rets.
    ummmmmmmm no? Slice and dice increases attack speed and Inquistion is a damage % buff.. JUST like hunger for blood?

its like Hunger for blood exactly, and savage roar for druids.... NOT slice and dice lul

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    ummmmmmmm no? Slice and dice increases attack speed and Inquistion is a damage % buff.. JUST like hunger for blood?

its like Hunger for blood exactly, and savage roar for druids.... NOT slice and dice lul
    Yeah but S&D is based off combo points, and it lasts longer the more combo points you have. It really is a lot closer to Slice and Dice than Hunger for Blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't rogues only end up having to do S&D once then its perpetually kept up via standard Sp. attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post

umm, yes? SnD finishing move, Inquisition requiring Holy Power (which is basically combo points for paladins). The analogy wasn't the effect, but the fact it consumes your secondary resource in order to keep the buff running. HfB is basically a free DPS increase. (and btw, Savage roar IS druid SnD; hint: attack speed not so good for 1ASp kittens)

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't rogues only end up having to do S&D once then its perpetually kept up via standard Sp. attacks?
    That's just assassination rogues.

You WILL have to actually think and pay attention while playing Retlol in Cata. Welcome to the world of other classes. If you can't get over it, maybe it's time to choose different game.

Be careful how you word your posts in future ~ Synthaxx
    Last edited by Chronalis; 2010-09-16 at 10:45 PM.

30 secs was on TBC too
    would've been great if they changed it back.

Deleted
    It's like Savage Roar. It doesn't make rotations more challenging it's just an added chore, an extra cog in an already boring machine.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    umm, yes? SnD finishing move, Inquisition requiring Holy Power (which is basically combo points for paladins). The analogy wasn't the effect, but the fact it consumes your secondary resource in order to keep the buff running. HfB is basically a free DPS increase. (and btw, Savage roar IS druid SnD; hint: attack speed not so good for 1ASp kittens)
    It isn't a free DPS increase, it's something you need to keep up to stay competitive with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol View Post
    Yeah but S&D is based off combo points, and it lasts longer the more combo points you have. It really is a lot closer to Slice and Dice than Hunger for Blood.
    hmm well i suppose the BUFF itself is like hunger for blood but the way you get the buff is like slice and dice..

but by your logic it would seem ret pallies are now rogues but with only 3 combo points :*(

guess it doesnt matter. semantics =D

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    What? I don't even know what it does but ...

NERF!!!

frankly i think the whole idea of snd,sr,and inq is antiquated.
    if we needed the holy damage scaled back until later in our rotation why not add the effect back to cru strike, you know the one EVERY NPC who uses cru strike has.

I'm sorry to say but Blizzard is going WAY over the top in making retribution paladins not 'faceroll'.

Now they're going to be playing something like feral druids with a less reliable way of gaining combo points. They need to draw back on some of these changes. Holy power was a step in the right direction but they need to tweak that mechanic before they thought about giving paladins a buff that have to keep up all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15