Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    here's a spell re-design for you -

EARTHQUAKE - summons the ex-WWF wrestler earthquake to make all your enemies within a 10 yard radius tremble in fear

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Elemental is "not so bad"....

ROFL!

Sir, I too have tested elemental and I was able to put out 7k dps on a target dummy...in t9 resto gear. Oh, and I never went below 90% mana.

I would expect a nerf quite soon if I were you.
    Clearly you know your rotation and the OP . . . just eats pebbles.

@ OP: Have you seen a 1950's video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Can someone explain why it's physical damage? It won't scale with gear while other classes's AoE does
    Rocks are physical.

Are you sure the spell doesn't scale with spell power? Even if its damage is physical, it is possible to put in mechanics for it to scale with SP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if this thread fails. Can someone explain why it's physical damage? It won't scale with gear while other classes's AoE does, lol.

Don't know the numbers now but I saw a movie from beta a while back and you don't need a genius to see that the damage is crap, lol .
    Likely it is just a bug and will be corrected to Nature damage at some point.

Edit: Even if it isn't, as long as it scales properly with spell power it could prove to be an interesting mechanic even though Blizzard would have to go that extra step to make it comparable in damage output (which it shouldn't be by the way because as a talent it should be vastly more powerful) to other Aoes.
    Last edited by conscript; 2010-09-16 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    nothing is easier to interrupt than an elemental shaman. there are multiple ranged interrupts in the game. you think a ranged channeled physical damage spell will be useful? rather an elemental shaman "earthquake me" than hit me for 50% of my hp in 3 seconds with a FS+lava combo

and no, the game wasn't worse in vanilla, i'm gonna go play some 1.12 wow right now as a matter of fact.

all of vanilla's issues were related to teh same stunt they're pulling now; rushing the product. the worst vanilla issues have become BC issues, then WOTLK issues and will be CATA issues. most of the "vanilla issues" are still around fanboi
    From what I recall a fanboy is someone who is unable to look at the bigger picture and would chose ignorance over fact.

I'm going to go out of my way and guess you're one of those people that say resilience sucks? Whether or not you think it is more fun is purely subjective, but you cannot ignore the HUGE bugs and imbalances that made the game annoying to play. I bet you never tried to play a ret or prot paladin pre-bc for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    I think citizens of Haiti agree with you OP. Earthquakes are annoying and totaly uncalled for.
    i c wut u did there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksy View Post
    I hope they realise that they gotta do something with enha tho! around 7-8 purges as lvl 85 and ur completely oom
    HAHAHA

Eat it you mindless purge spamming facerollers.

They said dispells would cost a crapton of mana to discourage all the idiots who mindlessly spam that crap,forcing blizz to put in stupid talents that 'reduce the chance for xxxxx to gbe dispelled'.

So please, feel free to hammer that purge button all that you like, the folks who are capable of watching buffs and selectivly removing the important ones will enjoy watching you ruin yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

well to all bether know ppl here in evry single fantasy rpg game Earth = nature well simple go out and hit earth elemental with nature spel ..............

10+ Year Old Account
    So what. Stack Armor Penetration. Oh wait :/

Even if this thread fails. Can someone explain why it's physical damage? It won't scale with gear while other classes's AoE does, lol.

Don't know the numbers now but I saw a movie from beta a while back and you don't need a genius to see that the damage is crap, lol .
    The school of the spell has nothing to do with how it scales. Look at paladin abilities, some of them cause holy damage and still scale with attack power (and sometimes spellpower too).
    I'm sure it will scale with spell power. It's still odd that it's physical I think. Everything else can be fixed by number tweaking and otherwise it is totally compareable to druids hurricane. Except that it is the 31pointer for elementals. And if you monitored the recent development of starfall from "meh" to "omg run a balance druid" it still can get a buff :P (because yes, 31pointer should be useful most of the time)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    well to all bether know ppl here in evry single fantasy rpg game Earth = nature well simple go out and hit earth elemental with nature spel ..............
    If I craft a mace with a rock at the end, I will hit you for nature damage that'll ignore armour?

15+ Year Old Account
    keep in mind, armor and HP are up for the non-plate classes too
    and the armor of the plate classes is going down.

has been the whole time, it's PHYSICAL DAMAGE and all physical damage is mitigated by armor. i can tell you started playing wow recently and don't get the mechanics yet.
    All bleed effects disagree with you :P they all ignore armor and are considered physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    If this actually applied everything would be nature damage. Fire and Frost are nature too!

Quote Originally Posted by Teleth View Post
    Beta is Beta.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    HAHAHA

Eat it you mindless purge spamming facerollers.

They said dispells would cost a crapton of mana to discourage all the idiots who mindlessly spam that crap,forcing blizz to put in stupid talents that 'reduce the chance for xxxxx to gbe dispelled'.

So please, feel free to hammer that purge button all that you like, the folks who are capable of watching buffs and selectivly removing the important ones will enjoy watching you ruin yourself.
    Selective is far from how it works currently or on the PTR, input and server lag makes sure of that I can sssure you. However I do endorse the high cost of Dispells both self/target.

EQ needs a big chubby fix, currently on PTR and all the way through beta I opened tickets notifying the powers that be of the issues I had with its usefulness and the damage it did not scaling correctly (as I see it) - Fact remains as the beaver is saying, it is not fit for the 31pt talent in the tree, Elemental's other problems are almost all removed aside from survivability but some beafy heals can compensate for this in part.

If a real-life earthquake hit you, would you QQ that the damage was physical and not magic?

Didn't think so..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    it does Physical damage (WTF?!?)
    And what is up with EQuake doing Physical damage? [/b]
    You never been in an Earthquake I suppose? if something hurts you it's the junk around you created by it/stuff falling over on you, not the earthquake itself
    so yes, Physical damage does make sense

1st of all dps on dummies itsnt final its a beta numbers arent finished , and earthquake as a 31 tp for ele is pure fail the op is right hes just realy angry
    and for every 1 who looks at it from purely a pve point of view plz considir the pvp .. hell conisidir this gets replaced with 1% extra dmg on lightning bolts and it would be more of a "dps" increase ..

i love the spell the idea is good its just need some fixes for +spell power and a slighty better animation BUT i dont love it as a 31 talent point
    Last edited by bladebeso; 2010-09-16 at 02:09 PM.

As someone said, earthquake can scale off spell power even if it's physical.

That it's physical also means it will scale off of things like savage combat, and also means that targets immune to nature damage will still be susceptible to your AoE (earth/air elementals, and in an expansion about elementals, that might come in handy). It will also bypass protection against magical effects, such as anti-magic shield or high resistances.

The damage may well be too low, but that has little to do with it being physical. As far high-armor targets, that's usually only a significant issue in PvP (all physical classes will have to contend with standard armor, as there's no more armor pen, so numbers will be balanced around that)... and you're talking PvP, you'll have allies. Just think about earthquake (and chance at knockdown) + Hand of Gul'Dan (with its effects), and improved blizzard, on the bridge or any other chokepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    God that line is really starting to irk me. No things really aren't subject to change. Earthquake has been nearly the same spell for the entire duration of alpha, beta and ptr with only a few tweaks to cooldown. This late in the process there is almost no chance that Blizzard is going to change Earthquake or put in a useful 31 point talent. You are right though that this post would have just been deleted on the main forums because they do that to about 95% of the Shaman posts regardless of how much QQ they contain. The OP is right in nearly every single one of his points frankly. EQ is not worthy of being a cap talent in a tree no matter how you look at it. I like the concept of a physical aoe, but it shouldn't be in a caster tree. That is about the only thing I could see changing about the spell, with the necessary coefficent changes as things are balanced of course.
    Also Blizz said the abilities and spells are balanced around lvl 85... They also said that this can cause some classes to lose dps at 80 aright now, as others may gain some... Just wait and you'l see it will not be that bad!