hi there fans of macroing

i wrote this macro that Feral Charges with no modifier and Skull Bashes with the shift modifier and while i have someone in the focus target, it will SB that. it works flawlessly.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form) [mod:shift] Skull Bash(Cat Form); Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    now i simply want to swap the two spells to SB on no modifier and to FC on shift modifier, but i can't get it to work. the macro always just shows the icon for FC regardless of modifier state. (it's just more convenient to interrupt without a second key to push)

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form) [mod:shift] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    am i missing some stupid syntax error?

You're missing the semicolon after the initial Skull Bash in that macro.
    Constantly owns Treeston with unpredictability.

hey all wonder if there is a way i can have a /startattack bound to my tab targetting so when i switch targets i dont stop attacking

In case the target I want to DPS is a friend or is dead, it will switch to an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by glovhizzle View Post
    hey all wonder if there is a way i can have a /startattack bound to my tab targetting so when i switch targets i dont stop attacking
    This is an Interface Option for the most part, in Interface -> Combat -> (uncheck) Stop Auto Attack. Assuming you have the rage\mana\energy\runic power it will continue attacking, but you're also better off adding /startattack to your main abilities in case you are running low.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-05-27 at 01:37 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    In case the target I want to DPS is a friend or is dead, it will switch to an enemy.

This is an Interface Option for the most part, in Interface -> Combat -> (uncheck) Stop Auto Attack. Assuming you have the rage\mana\energy\runic power it will continue attacking, but you're also better off adding /startattack to your main abilities in case you are running low.
    i have that option unchecked and when i switch targets my guy just stands there until i right click or physically start the auto attack

I know that %t tells you the name of the target, does anyone know how to do the similar for race of the target and class of the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    You're missing the semicolon after the initial Skull Bash in that macro.
    already tried that. with the semicolon the skullbash portion works, but it won't change to feral charge on modifier.
    the version I'm using right now (the first one) works just fine without the semicolon ... i really don't get why

edit: hm ... the one with the semicolon works while not having a focus target. but that kind of negates the intention of the macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form); [mod:shift] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    Last edited by Tyralune; 2011-05-27 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyralune View Post
    already tried that. with the semicolon the skullbash portion works, but it won't change to feral charge on modifier.
    the version I'm using right now (the first one) works just fine without the semicolon ... i really don't get why

edit: hm ... the one with the semicolon works while not having a focus target. but that kind of negates the intention of the macro
    The way conditions work is that the first spell which returns true is used. In your case if you have a focus then Skull Bash will always be cast as the first condition returns true - so it never actually makes it to check for the modifier.

To solve it you can either move the Feral Charge part or use nomod in the first condition.
    I also recommend adding a harm condition to the focus condition incase you ever need to focus a friendly target, as it would attempt to cast on your focus still.

I recommend:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[@focus,harm][]Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    Last edited by Judge40; 2011-05-27 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    I recommend:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[@focus,harm][]Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    thanks a lot! now i can rewrite my other macros aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I know that %t tells you the name of the target, does anyone know how to do the similar for race of the target and class of the target?
    You'd have to use a /run SendChatMessage for that.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

I figured i could do the same thing i did with swipe with skull bash using the macro i got above and came up with

#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack [form:1/3]
    /cast [form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);Skull Bash

but it only ever does bear form Skull bash and i have no idea why :/

Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    Just wanted to ask about the targeting bit in the swipe macro as well. Why do you put [help] and [dead] in there?
    I was curious about it as well. the conditions of /targetenemy refer to your current target, there was my mistake of thinking.
    So /targetenemy [help][dead] targets an enemy if your current target is dead or help.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You'd have to use a /run SendChatMessage for that.
    That doesn't really answer my question to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    That doesn't really answer my question to be honest.
    There's nothing you can just drop into your macro, but if you tell us what text you want into what chat channel, we can make you a macro for it.

Posted a new topic about this before realizing I could do it here, sorry.

I've looked everywhere, and so far-have not been able to find this, or I would not be asking. I'm looking for a macro that does the following.

Simultaneously casts Shadowflame and also brings up the ring for Shadowfury. Not cast them at the same time, but do those two things, at once.

Is this possible, and if so, can someone help me create this?

Thanks a ton!

Have already tried:

/cast shadowfury
    /cast shadowflame
    (and the inverse)

/cast shadowfury
    /cast [mod:shift] Shadowflame
    (and the inverse)

the !Shadowfury thing is new to me, I'll definetly be trying that out as well.

I hope I can work something out, it'd be really convenient for this to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropz View Post
    Posted a new topic about this before realizing I could do it here, sorry.
    Is Shadowflame on the GCD? If yes then that macro won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    Is Shadowflame on the GCD? If yes then that macro won't work.
    Yes, it's on the GCD-but I was hoping that since I'm not casting shadowfury yet, basically what would happen is that the ring would be prepared and ready for me. I suppose technically I could do a castsequence macro, but that really defeats the purpose of what I would like to do. Ah, well. =(

Hello guys,

I was searching for a macro in google, and... I found this one... and.. my english isn't so good but I will try

well,
    I'm looking for macros that change the spell like a cast sequence but change with conditions, for example cast x2 arcane shot and when focus is low change to steady shot, or cast vampiric touch, shadow word: pain, devouring plague, mind flay and when I got 3 shadow orbs change to mind blast and I may click to cast mind blast... or 3 charges of holy power I cast Hammer of the righteous

I've been waiting...

thanks

Can't decide based on buffs/debuffs.
    I should make a keyboard shortcut that inserts this text into a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Hello guys,

I was searching for a macro in google, and... I found this one... and.. my english isn't so good but I will try

well,
    I'm looking for macros that change the spell like a cast sequence but change with conditions, for example cast x2 arcane shot and when focus is low change to steady shot, or cast vampiric touch, shadow word: pain, devouring plague, mind flay and when I got 3 shadow orbs change to mind blast and I may click to cast mind blast... or 3 charges of holy power I cast Hammer of the righteous

I've been waiting...

thanks
    Sorry but you are going to be waiting a looooooooooooooong time.

Conditional Macros aren't allowed. So unfortunately what you are asking for cannot be done.

You could try scripting but the if/then like scenarios you are requesting aren't allowed either.

Basically Blizzard did everything they could to make it impossible to do the one-button smashing playstyle you are requesting here.

Sorry :-/
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing