Deleted
    Hey guys, im doing mouseover heals, everything works but the "heal" itself (im a holy priest) whats wrong with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Ok so I have a couple macro requests.

Firstly I'm boomkin and I'm looking for a macro to shift to on left mouse click cat+stampeding roar, then shift back to boomkin with another left mouse click, on right click shift to cat+prowl and back to boomkin again. Not sure if it is possible in one macro, if not then two separate macros would work fine.

Next, I have this macro...

which seems to work right most of the time, but sometimes after I have exited a building it won't shift me to flight form. Also, in some dungeons the Winged Guardian appears grayed out instead cat form/travel. Just looking for a little help. TY in advance.
    I don't believe [indoors] is a valid thing to use. I may be wrong though. If you don't mind an addon I would highly recommend SmartMount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wasteomana View Post
    Hey, trying to get an old macro back working again. Here is what I have:

/cast Shield Wall
    /p Shield Wall up.
    /in 10 /p Shield Wall Failing in 2 sec.
    /in 12 /p Shield Wall Down.

Apparently the /in command doesn't work anymore (I know, its been a while).

I was told there was a way to do this with DBM. I have the following attempt (using different ability so no confusion when discussing these two macros):

/cast Shield Block(Defensive Stance)
    /p Shield Block up.
    /dbm [Shield Block Failing in 2 sec.] [8]
    /dbm [Shield Block down] [10]

I was told the format for DBM is /dbm [txt] [time]. Any help would be appreciated.
    Try:

/dbm timer time name < for a timer which will only show to you.
    Code:
    /dbm timer 12 Shield Wall
    /dbm broadcast timer time name < for a timer which will broadcast it to everyone in raid with DBM.
    Code:
    /dbm broadcast timer 12 Shield Wall
    You need raid leader or raid assist for the raid broadcast timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verith View Post
    Try:

/dbm timer time name < for a timer which will only show to you.
    Code:
    /dbm timer 12 Shield Wall
    /dbm broadcast timer time name < for a timer which will broadcast it to everyone in raid with DBM.
    Code:
    You need raid leader or raid assist for the raid broadcast timer.
    Will that work in party? And how does the timer work? If I could get a full example macro that will function like the one above (Cast Shield Wall, say in party Shield wall is up, then 2 seconds before it is down warn it is failing, then again when it expires) I could use it for everything that I want to use this format for on all my characters.

Or is the Timer going to display for everyone else what remaining timer is on my shield wall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wasteomana View Post
    Will that work in party? And how does the timer work? If I could get a full example macro that will function like the one above (Cast Shield Wall, say in party Shield wall is up, then 2 seconds before it is down warn it is failing, then again when it expires) I could use it for everything that I want to use this format for on all my characters.

Or is the Timer going to display for everyone else what remaining timer is on my shield wall?
    It will add a timer for everyone in the party who has DBM for the duration of the shield wall (in this case for how long you set the timer). You can add a /p message for when you use it but I dont think there is a way to show when it fades. You can always try to get addon that announces abilities you use. One of best I can think of at the moment is RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer.

Example of the macro:
    Code:
    /cast Shield Wall
    /p Shield Wall up!
    Last edited by mmocc816dd740e; 2011-07-30 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Ok so I have a couple macro requests.

Firstly I'm boomkin and I'm looking for a macro to shift to on left mouse click cat+stampeding roar, then shift back to boomkin with another left mouse click, on right click shift to cat+prowl and back to boomkin again. Not sure if it is possible in one macro, if not then two separate macros would work fine.

Next, I have this macro...

which seems to work right most of the time, but sometimes after I have exited a building it won't shift me to flight form. Also, in some dungeons the Winged Guardian appears grayed out instead cat form/travel. Just looking for a little help. TY in advance.
    Unless sleep deprivation has hit me harder than I thought, these two should work for ya.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [indoors] Cat Form; [flyable,nocombat] Swift Flight Form; [combat,outdoors] Travel Form; Winged Guardian
    /dismount [mounted]
    Code:
    /castsequence [btn:1] reset=30/combat Cat Form, Stampeding Roar, Moonkin Form; [btn:2] reset=30/combat Cat Form, Prowl, Moonkin Form

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Hey guys, im doing mouseover heals, everything works but the "heal" itself (im a holy priest) whats wrong with this?
    Look over the macro again, maybe it's just an issue of a missing space or something. If you can't find it, post the macro (which is a good idea in general).

Hello,
    being a complete macro novice I would appreciate greatly if someone could make 2 macros for me:
    1) A macro which casts Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch on my focus target and then switches back to my current target
    2) One that uses my trinket in slot 14 (/use 14?) and then casts Mind Blast but suppresses the error message in case trinket isn't ready (the icon should display the mind blast cooldown, not the trinket).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paci View Post
    Hello,
    being a complete macro novice I would appreciate greatly if someone could make 2 macros for me:
    1) A macro which casts Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch on my focus target and then switches back to my current target
    2) One that uses my trinket in slot 14 (/use 14?) and then casts Mind Blast but suppresses the error message in case trinket isn't ready (the icon should display the mind blast cooldown, not the trinket).

Thanks!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@focus,harm,nodead][]Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mind Blast
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use 14
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
    /cast Mind Blast

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a macro that would equip an item, use it, then equip the item I had there previously. This is specifically for the guild reward cloaks. I would like the macro to find the one that is not on cooldown, equip it, use it, then re-equip my cloak. If I have to click it multiple times, that's fine, I just don't want to have more than one button for them.

The cloaks are called Shroud of Cooperation, Wrap of Unity, and Cloak of Coordination.

Thanks!

Deleted
    The macro will not be able to determine which item is on CD.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The reason for my issue was discovered - somehow, I had set the WoW option for "Focus Cast" to the ALT key on this character, and this character alone - this caused all macros using ALT to not work properly when activated via keybind or left-click.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    This is a rarity - me asking for help on these forums. ;-)

I recently re-started playing my 85 paladin. For convenience, I have an all-in-one equipset/fishing/repentance macro.
    Only one problem - if I hold down Alt when I hit the keybind, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and left-click the macro, nothing happens.
    If I hold down Alt and RIGHT click the macro, then and only then will it change me into my fishing gear.

It happens on any slot on my actionbars - whether it's bound to 1 or v or even ;. I've bound the alt-<key> combination to an unused action in the Blizzard keybindings, and then cleared it. I've used Domino's hoverbinding to bind that key combination to another actionbarbutton and then removed that binding.

The spell works normally - if I have a fishing pole, it casts fishing. If I don't, it casts Repentance.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, equipped:fishing pole] Fishing; [nomod] Repentance
    /equipset [mod:alt] Fishing; [mod:shift] DPS; [mod:ctrl] Tank
    Does anybody have any other ideas? This is becoming rather annoying. I use similar macros on every character I have that does Fishing, and this is the only one having this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Look over the macro again, maybe it's just an issue of a missing space or something. If you can't find it, post the macro (which is a good idea in general).
    I did, several times, but here it is

#showtooltip Heal
    /Use spell [target=mouseover,exists] Heal: Heal

I did, several times, but here it is

#showtooltip Heal
    /Use spell [target=mouseover,exists] Heal: Heal
    This syntax is so wrong it doesn't even look like a WoW macro, try this.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal

Deleted

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    This syntax is so wrong it doesn't even look like a WoW macro, try this.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal
    Cheers, it worked. however i saw the flaw, i ment to write this

#showtooltip Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Heal: Heal

Which works
    Last edited by mmoce107d4ab3d; 2011-08-01 at 02:52 PM.

Cheers, it worked. however i saw the flaw, i ment to write this

#showtooltip Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Heal: Heal

Which works
    That one still has a major problem if you intend to use it, it would be
    #showtooltip Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists]Heal; Heal
    but it's a bit longer than the one I gave you.

OK, I'm looking for a weird macro. What im trying to do is make a macro so i can just spam it and res at a spirit healer. So when I die as a lowbie i can just spam it and res! haha anyhelp would be great! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

I'm looking for a fun macro.

I want to be able to throw snowballs (or Heavy Leather Balls) at my focus target, while I use Chimera Shot on my main target

So I'm preparing for the 4pc t12 bonus I'll get in about a week and I've got this macro set up. Basically when I press the key normally, I want it to Arcane Shot, but with a Shift mod and I press it, I'd like it to use Kill Command however it doesn't work like that at the moment. If I press it regularly, it'll Arcane Shot. Great. However holding Shift and pressing it doesn't cast Kill Command. Holding Shift and clicking the button works...but that's not optimal. If anyone knows how to make it work (if even possible) I'd love to hear it.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Kill Command;
    /cast Arcane Shot;
    /petattack
    /cast Blood Fury
    /use 10
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Quote Originally Posted by Naplam View Post
    So I'm preparing for the 4pc t12 bonus I'll get in about a week and I've got this macro set up. Basically when I press the key normally, I want it to Arcane Shot, but with a Shift mod and I press it, I'd like it to use Kill Command however it doesn't work like that at the moment. If I press it regularly, it'll Arcane Shot. Great. However holding Shift and pressing it doesn't cast Kill Command. Holding Shift and clicking the button works...but that's not optimal. If anyone knows how to make it work (if even possible) I'd love to hear it.
    Close, but this is what you want.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Kill Command;Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Blood Fury
    /use 10
    If it still doesn't work then it's the keybind. Bind Shift+this button to a random button then unbind that so the bind is completely free.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-08-03 at 12:42 AM.