10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    No, for spellcasts, you cannot check for the condition of the target you're currently targetting and then specify a different unit to cast the spell on. The conditions will all apply to the unit you specified in the condition.
    Saying [harm,@player] means if I am hostile, cast CoH on me. Since you can never be hostile to yourself, this condition fails.

For help on these issues, it's always good to check against www.macroexplain.com which will tell you step by step what the condition does if you paste in the macro.
    this is true, but not really a limitation
    say you want to cast a heal on your target or on yourself if your target is an enemy

Code:
    /use [@target,help][] heal
    Although this is easily shortened to just
    Code:
    /use heal
    if you have auto selfcast enabled at which point its working

the real example of how this could work is
    Code:
    /use [@target,help][@focus,help][]heal
    which will prioritize your target over your focus over you for the heal.

so in essence you are checking for the conditions of a different target. now you can't say check if its friendly or enemy and then cast on yourself no matter what (but why would you want to?) but you can check if that target is able to receive the heal or if you need to cast it on another target.
    EDIT: For clarification you CAN make it cast on you no matter what [@player], but thats not checking the condition of your target its ignoring your target which is different.

getting back to the example you gave with CoH
    Code:
    /use Circle of Healing
    will heal your target or if your target is an enemy it will heal you (as long as you have auto self cast on) at which point just drag the ability off the spell book into your bars

as to the [harm,@player] conditions that is an auto false, but specifying [@target,help][] does the intended effect (or just [] in the macro)
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-03-16 at 04:10 PM.

I need help finalizing the following macros:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equipslot 14 [nomod,spec:2]Darkmoon Card: Tsunami; [nodmod,spec:1]Darkmoon Card: Volcano[mod: shift] Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance;
    /equipslot 13 Ruthless Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity
    In my secondary spec, click to equip Tsunami & PvP trinket, In my primary spec, click to equip Volcano & PvP trinket, in either spec shift-click to equip Badge & PvP trinket. In my primary spec, click to equip Volcano & Pvp

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod:shift]Cataclysmic Gladiator's Gavel;Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    /equip [spec:1,mod:shift]Ruthless Gladiator's Endgame; [spec:2,mod:shift]Cataclsymic Gladiator's Reprieve;
    Equip my fishing pole. In primary spec, equip Gavel & Endgame, in secondary spec, equip Gavel & Reprieve.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast [mod:shift]Shackle Undead;Psychic Scream;[mod:ctrl,target=Ebon Gargoyle]Shackle Undead;
    Takes me out of Dispersion if I'm in it. Click for Scream, Shift click to Shackle my target, ctrl click to shackle Garg. I don't even know if this one works, haven't run into an UH DK today.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-03-17 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I turn auto self cast off first thing because of spells like Lay of Hands and Guardian Spirit and any cd. If you have it on, it will tend to default these things to you and waste your CD which I hate, unless you specifically in a macro tell it not to. If it's a regular heal

/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Heal

Then if it's a cd and I don't want it to default to me:

/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] Guardian Spirit

#showtooltip
    /equipslot 14 [nomod,spec:2]Darkmoon Card: Tsunami; [nodmod,spec:1]Darkmoon Card: Volcano[mod: shift] Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance;
    For this, I think you put conditionals before you specify the slot:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equipslot [mod:shift] 14 Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance; [spec:2] 14 Darkmoon Card: Tsunami; [spec:1] 14 Darkmoon Card: Volcano

This one is fine except don't put ; at the end of the line. That can bork your macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod:shift] Cataclysmic Gladiator's Gavel; Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    /equip [spec:1,mod:shift] Ruthless Gladiator's Endgame; [spec:2,mod:shift] Cataclysmic Gladiator's Reprieve

I don't think specifying mob name is a valid conditional. It works on fellow party/raid members. Mob names not, I think.
    You could instead add after dispersion line:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /target [mod:ctrl] Ebon Gargoyle
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Shackle Undead; [mod:shift] Shackle Undead; Psychic Scream
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-03-17 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks for the help, they work great now!
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-03-17 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Use this form:

/cancelaura [mod:shift] Dispersion

and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scatter shoot macro/ addon that uses scatter shot on the closest enemy player.

Mouse over macro/addon that automatically sets focus to whatever humanoid target you mouse over in the mini-map's humanoid targets using hunter tracking.

Are these possible or impossible to make and why?

First one yes:

/targetenemy
    /cast Scatter Shot

The second one, no. Minimap is as far as we are concerned just a pretty gif. We can't detect a little blip on it by mousing over it as an event. Hence there's nothing to react to. Focusing would require a hardware action anyway, can't be automatic, but even the target picking isn't possible over the minimap.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I know it's been asked before but I can't find the macro I'm looking for.
    I need a macro for my mage that:
    Put's focus on my target, clears my focus on right clik, and also casts random poly on the focus target.
    I didn find a few macros for it but none on them does it exactly how i want it to. And I can't make it myself :/
    Thanks for your time.

/focus target
    /clearfocus [btn:2]
    /cast [@focustarget,harm] Polymorph

Your wording is somewhat ambiguous so I'm not sure if you meant polymorph on the current target of your focus or polymorph on the focus itself. I put on target of the focus but if that isn't what you meant, clarify.

10+ Year Old Account
    First one yes:

/targetenemy
    /cast Scatter Shot

The second one, no. Minimap is as far as we are concerned just a pretty gif. We can't detect a little blip on it by mousing over it as an event. Hence there's nothing to react to. Focusing would require a hardware action anyway, can't be automatic, but even the target picking isn't possible over the minimap.
    With /targetenemy you will have to add player at the end or it is completely useless.
    And something to first clear your current target would be needed. Or you would just try to scatter your current target.

And to clarify the first one this is what I do:

Read :x: dot in the minimap
    /target "name" /focus
    ^^ this is it possible to do this with a mouse over in an addon? Or am I forced to do it myself?

Deleted
    /focus target
    /cast [@focustarget,harm] Polymorph

Your wording is somewhat ambiguous so I'm not sure if you meant polymorph on the current target of your focus or polymorph on the focus itself. I put on target of the focus but if that isn't what you meant, clarify.
    this is not exactly how i want it to work but something like that. I want it to focus my target and also to poly it at the same time. and then i want it to poly my focus target without me changing targets all the time for it.

Edit: took sometime but i figured it out
    #showtooltip
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /run SetRaidTarget("focus",0);
    /run SetRaidTarget("focus",5);
    /castrandom [target=focus]Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat)

i will leave it here if someone else needs it.
    Last edited by mmoce207d8b39a; 2012-03-18 at 10:37 PM.

I'm having an issue with this macro, but I don't think it's wrong at all

/cast [mod:shift,target=mouseover]Heal;[target=mouseover]Greater Heal
    I figure this is a self explanatory macro. The problem is the shift modifier won't cast! The tooltip changes and everything. If I change the modifier to alt, the macro works perfectly. What's wrong with shift?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    I'm having an issue with this macro, but I don't think it's wrong at all

I figure this is a self explanatory macro. The problem is the shift modifier won't cast! The tooltip changes and everything. If I change the modifier to alt, the macro works perfectly. What's wrong with shift?
    You probably have another action button bound to that keybind combo. If you have another keybind that is shift+{your_macro_keybind} elsewhere, then the game will try press that button instead of using your macro when holding shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You probably have another action button bound to that keybind combo. If you have another keybind that is shift+{your_macro_keybind} elsewhere, then the game will try press that button instead of using your macro when holding shift.
    Thanks for your answer, I had thought of it earlier too, and it does indeed cause an issue, but it wasn't what messed this one up. I managed to fix this specific one using @mouseover instead of target=mouseover. Not sure why it wouldn't work, but switching to @mouseover made it function so no complaints here.

Deleted
    Hi guys and girls!

To begin with, awesome thread!

So I play a druid and just recently got in to PvP and so I'm fairly new to macros in all. I know the basic ones but there's one I need help with!

What I need is a macro that will cast Entangling roots on my current target, BUT cast roots on my focus target IF there is one.

Same could possibly done with cyclone?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AliveNtrippin View Post
    Hi guys and girls!

To begin with, awesome thread!

So I play a druid and just recently got in to PvP and so I'm fairly new to macros in all. I know the basic ones but there's one I need help with!

What I need is a macro that will cast Entangling roots on my current target, BUT cast roots on my focus target IF there is one.

Same could possibly done with cyclone?

Thanks in advance!

Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Cyclone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Cyclone
    Thanks! I'll check that one out asap!

Deleted

Warlock dual pet macro

Hello, So I have a macro for my pet that works just as intended, but I would like to hear if I can make it work different depending on the pet I have out

I would like this (fellhunter)
    Code:
    #shottooltip 
    /cast [nomodifier] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    and this (succubucs) yes that is spell WRONG, the demon with the whip
    Code:
    #showtooltip Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [nomodifier] Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Seduction(Special Ability)
    to be in the same macro so I won't have to keep up to spell slots for 2 pets

sorry for amazingly bad english xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Hello, So I have a macro for my pet that works just as intended, but I would like to hear if I can make it work different depending on the pet I have out

I would like this (fellhunter)
    Code:
    #shottooltip 
    /cast [nomodifier] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    and this (succubucs) yes that is spell WRONG, the demon with the whip
    Code:
    #showtooltip Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [nomodifier] Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Seduction(Special Ability)
    to be in the same macro so I won't have to keep up to spell slots for 2 pets

sorry for amazingly bad english xD
    sure:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,pet:felhunter,@focus,exists][pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[mod:shift,pet:succubus,@focus,exists][pet:succubus]Seduction
    I put in an exists-check into the focus parts, so when you hold shift but no focus exists, it casts on your normal target. If in that case you want no spell to be cast, just remove the word exists in the two []s.
    There would also be the possibilities to put in a mouseover condition (which I like very much for spell lock and devour magic) and also for the felhunter to use spell lock and devour magic with the same button, depending on your target being being hostile or friendly. Would you like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    sure:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,pet:felhunter,@focus,exists][pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[mod:shift,pet:succubus,@focus,exists][pet:succubus]Seduction
    I put in an exists-check into the focus parts, so when you hold shift but no focus exists, it casts on your normal target. If in that case you want no spell to be cast, just remove the word exists in the two []s.
    There would also be the possibilities to put in a mouseover condition (which I like very much for spell lock and devour magic) and also for the felhunter to use spell lock and devour magic with the same button, depending on your target being being hostile or friendly. Would you like that?
    thanks alot this is just what I wanted, the devour magic I have with my instant shadowbolt/lifetap macro. And also thanks for explaining what the macro actualy does