I'm having an issue with this macro, but I don't think it's wrong at all

/cast [mod:shift,target=mouseover]Heal;[target=mouseover]Greater Heal
    I figure this is a self explanatory macro. The problem is the shift modifier won't cast! The tooltip changes and everything. If I change the modifier to alt, the macro works perfectly. What's wrong with shift?
    ~There's only two good parts in a dubstep song. The first is when it's not wubbing, the second is when it ends.~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    I'm having an issue with this macro, but I don't think it's wrong at all

I figure this is a self explanatory macro. The problem is the shift modifier won't cast! The tooltip changes and everything. If I change the modifier to alt, the macro works perfectly. What's wrong with shift?
    You probably have another action button bound to that keybind combo. If you have another keybind that is shift+{your_macro_keybind} elsewhere, then the game will try press that button instead of using your macro when holding shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You probably have another action button bound to that keybind combo. If you have another keybind that is shift+{your_macro_keybind} elsewhere, then the game will try press that button instead of using your macro when holding shift.
    Thanks for your answer, I had thought of it earlier too, and it does indeed cause an issue, but it wasn't what messed this one up. I managed to fix this specific one using @mouseover instead of target=mouseover. Not sure why it wouldn't work, but switching to @mouseover made it function so no complaints here.
    ~There's only two good parts in a dubstep song. The first is when it's not wubbing, the second is when it ends.~

Hi guys and girls!

To begin with, awesome thread!

So I play a druid and just recently got in to PvP and so I'm fairly new to macros in all. I know the basic ones but there's one I need help with!

What I need is a macro that will cast Entangling roots on my current target, BUT cast roots on my focus target IF there is one.

Same could possibly done with cyclone?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AliveNtrippin View Post
    Hi guys and girls!

To begin with, awesome thread!

So I play a druid and just recently got in to PvP and so I'm fairly new to macros in all. I know the basic ones but there's one I need help with!

What I need is a macro that will cast Entangling roots on my current target, BUT cast roots on my focus target IF there is one.

Same could possibly done with cyclone?

Thanks in advance!

Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots
    Code:
    /use [@focus,harm,nodead][]Cyclone
    Thanks! I'll check that one out asap!

Warlock dual pet macro

Hello, So I have a macro for my pet that works just as intended, but I would like to hear if I can make it work different depending on the pet I have out

I would like this (fellhunter)
    Code:
    #shottooltip 
    /cast [nomodifier] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    and this (succubucs) yes that is spell WRONG, the demon with the whip
    Code:
    #showtooltip Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [nomodifier] Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Seduction(Special Ability)
    to be in the same macro so I won't have to keep up to spell slots for 2 pets

sorry for amazingly bad english xD
    Hexaflexagons
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Hello, So I have a macro for my pet that works just as intended, but I would like to hear if I can make it work different depending on the pet I have out

I would like this (fellhunter)
    Code:
    #shottooltip 
    /cast [nomodifier] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Spell Lock(Special Ability)
    and this (succubucs) yes that is spell WRONG, the demon with the whip
    Code:
    #showtooltip Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [nomodifier] Seduction(Special Ability)
    /cast [modifier=shift, target=focus] Seduction(Special Ability)
    to be in the same macro so I won't have to keep up to spell slots for 2 pets

sorry for amazingly bad english xD
    sure:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,pet:felhunter,@focus,exists][pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[mod:shift,pet:succubus,@focus,exists][pet:succubus]Seduction
    I put in an exists-check into the focus parts, so when you hold shift but no focus exists, it casts on your normal target. If in that case you want no spell to be cast, just remove the word exists in the two []s.
    There would also be the possibilities to put in a mouseover condition (which I like very much for spell lock and devour magic) and also for the felhunter to use spell lock and devour magic with the same button, depending on your target being being hostile or friendly. Would you like that?
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    sure:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,pet:felhunter,@focus,exists][pet:felhunter]Spell Lock;[mod:shift,pet:succubus,@focus,exists][pet:succubus]Seduction
    I put in an exists-check into the focus parts, so when you hold shift but no focus exists, it casts on your normal target. If in that case you want no spell to be cast, just remove the word exists in the two []s.
    There would also be the possibilities to put in a mouseover condition (which I like very much for spell lock and devour magic) and also for the felhunter to use spell lock and devour magic with the same button, depending on your target being being hostile or friendly. Would you like that?
    thanks alot this is just what I wanted, the devour magic I have with my instant shadowbolt/lifetap macro. And also thanks for explaining what the macro actualy does
    Hexaflexagons
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Not sure if that's the right sub forum to ask.

I'm wondering if it's possible to key bind or macro Clique Addon profiles ?

I can't seem to get this macro right.

There's basically 3 components to it;

• Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 1: Heroic Strike
    • Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 2; Cleave
    • Pressed with any MOD, and in any action bar; Heroic Leap

What I got is this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod]!Heroic Leap
    /stopmacro[mod]
    /cast [actionbar:1]Heroic Strike;Cleave
    It fires the Heroic Strikes and Cleaves correctly, but it doesn't fire the Heroic Leap.

Could you guys help me out please?

Thanks!

~Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I can't seem to get this macro right.

There's basically 3 components to it;

• Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 1: Heroic Strike
    • Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 2; Cleave
    • Pressed with any MOD, and in any action bar; Heroic Leap

It fires the Heroic Strikes and Cleaves correctly, but it doesn't fire the Heroic Leap.

Could you guys help me out please?

Thanks!

~Tom
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod]!Heroic Leap;[actionbar:1]Heroic Strike;Cleave
    Really no need for the stopmacro as you can just combine everything.
    Also make sure you don't have anything bound to whatever this will be with the mod, e.g. if you use shift+4 to use this macro make sure that shift+4 isn't bound. If you're unsure see if it works if you hold a mod and the macro, if it works on click but not on button then you need to check the bindings for that key combination.
    Last edited by Judge40; 2012-03-22 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks!

I know for sure I don't have any double keybinds, it's just that I'm not very good with multiple macro modifiers in 1 macro :P

Cool Put text in item link

Hi guys,
    i found this macro:
    /run local s={"TEST"} for i=1,#s do DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME: AddMessage("\124c00ffffff\ \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h["..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff")end
    It overwrites an item link, but only does it locally.
    Could Some1 edit this script so i can link the overwritten link in chat?

Kind regards,
    Kark.

Quote Originally Posted by KarkazZ View Post
    Hi guys,
    i found this macro:

It overwrites an item link, but only does it locally.
    Could Some1 edit this script so i can link the overwritten link in chat?

Kind regards,
    Kark.
    I tried working on it, but I can't get it to work. I'm not getting any lua errors, but I'm not getting any output in the chat either, which leads me to think that you cannot post custom links in the chat. If it was possible the simple solution should be to change the code to this (which would send it to my custom channel 5):
    Code:
    /run local s={"TEST"} for i=1,#s do SendChatMessage("\124c00ffffff\ \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h["..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff","channel",nil,"5")end
    What is it exactly you're trying to do with this macro, though? I could possibly attempt find some other solution if I knew more specifically what you want.

The server checks for validity of the link before forwarding it to other clients. There's no way you can do what you're trying to do.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

What i'm trying to accomplish is to overwrite an item link and post this in a chat channel.
    I don't know if this is possible on retail servers, but i play on molten and i saw people doing this.
    Will post a screenshot later so you guys see what i mean.

Greets,
    Kark.

Hey, I'm trying to put Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire on the same button, based on what I've learned already about stances in macros, but I can't get it to work, this is what I'm using at the moment:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] !Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast [stance:3] !Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast !Faerie Fire
    It works in a feral form, but when I go to caster form it tells me I need to be in cat or bear form, what could I add / change to make it work for both?
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Is it possible to write a macro that will Que me for a random/specific Battleground?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Ive searched everywhere trying to find a good guide on linking profession through a macro, I'm completely lost. I've tried using some ive found, but haven't been able to get any to work. Can someone provide one they use or something? Thanks in advance.