Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro that equips specific quest items as I get them but can't figure out how to make it not re-equip the previously equipped items. (if it's even possible) An example of what I have so far is
    Code:
    /equip item:44785
    /equip item:31797
    /equip item:78660
    /equip item:23324
    The first and third items are chest slots and the second and fourth are shoulders slots. I listed them in the macro in the hypothetical order I would receive them and tested by taking the gear out of my bank. It works fine for the first three items but when the time comes to equip the 2nd shoulder slot item it equips that AND the first chest slot item. What I'm trying to make it do is not go back and equip them items from previous lines.
    I don't see any logical pattern in that list of four items.

If the purpose of the macro, is to swap gear back and forth or what...?

If you want to swap your current gear to each piece individually then make individual macros instead of bunching them together, or just put the piece of gear on your bar and you don't need a macro.

If you want to swap between shoulder items or chest items in the above macro you can use something like this, or perhaps adapt it to what you really need it for.

Code:
    #showtooltip 5
    /run local slot = GetInventoryItemID(5) EquipItemByName((slot == 44785 or slot == 78660) and "Deep Earth Robes" or "Pilgrim's Dress")
    Code:
    #showtooltip 3
    /run local slot = GetInventoryItemID(3) EquipItemByName((slot == 31797 or slot == 23324) and "Mantle of the Fire Festival" or "Elekk Hide Spaulders")
    Last edited by lawomous; 2012-08-24 at 05:29 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hey.
    While in job I thought about macro and I‘ll be apreciated if you will tell me is it proper one written.
    Modifier focus macro: /cast Gouge; [mod:ctrl] [@focus] Gouge

Also the same for kick. Of course I know to type it in one string without “enter“.

Pit Lord
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @focus] Gouge; Gouge
    Last edited by S7orm; 2012-08-27 at 07:05 PM.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @focus] Gouge; Gouge
    Wow even simplier than I expected Thans ;-)

looking for a /cast metamorphisis /cast doom /end meta macro

It's me again. I have a problem. This macro doesn't work with mod:ctrl. All others (shift, alt) works tho. Any idea what can it be? Also the range indicator thanching from red to white while holding control down. And I''ve checked for any ctrl+e (e = keybind for gouge) bindings in options and didn't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    It's me again. I have a problem. This macro doesn't work with mod:ctrl. All others (shift, alt) works tho. Any idea what can it be? Also the range indicator thanching from red to white while holding control down. And I''ve checked for any ctrl+e (e = keybind for gouge) bindings in options and didn't find any.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@focus][]Gouge
    Try the macro above, and just to be sure the keybind is clear, keybind Move Forward to Ctrl+E then keybind it back to W, sometimes keybinds can be weird. Also confirm in your Interface -> Combat that you don't have your Focus Cast Key or Self Cast Key set to Control.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hey guys, Since the new patch just hit i've been playing around on my pally healer and i've been trying to figure out if i can make a one button macro that can do the following:

- when in a group, cast Beacon of light on my current friendly target or friendly mouse over target
    - set this person as my focus target
    - when not targeting a friendly (via clicking or mouse over), cast Sacred Shield on my focus target
    - when targeting a friendly that's not my focus, cast Beacon of Light on that person instead and turn them into my new focus target

While I built my interface for my warlock with the new patch I noticed that I was not able to get a few macros working the way I like. Maybe somebody can help me out there?

1: I'd like a macro for going in and out of Meta fast. When just using the Meta Button casting Doom or ToC and then trying to get out of meta by pressing the same button again I have to try for 2-3 times before it works. As such I thought a castingsequence macro would work there. Unfortunately castingsequence does not seem to work with cancelaura. I tried the following:
    /Castsequence Metamorphosis, cancelaura Metamorphosis

2: Next I tried to write a Macro for a talentrow. For example I want to use either Burning Rush or Unbound Will denpending on which talent I have selected. But I want to see the tooltip and the correct symbol. If I try writing:
    /cast Burning Rush
    /cast Unbound Will
    then I will only see Burning Rush if I selected it. But if I chose Unbound will I get only a question mark as a symbol and no tooltip

I have noticed that since the patch, my attack macros are targeting critters with the '/startattack' and would like for that to not be the case. I have noticed that tab targeting also hits critters, which I don't remember that being the case. SO, that presents 2 questions:

1) If I add the 'harm' modifier, will that prevent critters from being targeted by the macro? (at work so I can't test myself yet)
    2) Is there a way to remove critters from the tab targeting rotations?

/cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Sacred Shield; [raid,help][raid,@mouseover,help] Beacon of Light
    /focus [help,nodead]

2: Next I tried to write a Macro for a talentrow. For example I want to use either Burning Rush or Unbound Will denpending on which talent I have selected.
    You can either use a macro:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    or an addon to add tier based showtooltips:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

1: I'd like a macro for going in and out of Meta fast. When just using the Meta Button casting Doom or ToC and then trying to get out of meta by pressing the same button again I have to try for 2-3 times before it works. As such I thought a castingsequence macro would work there. Unfortunately castingsequence does not seem to work with cancelaura. I tried the following:
    /Castsequence Metamorphosis, cancelaura Metamorphosis
    You can try
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis

but no guarantees it'll work properly.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malsiv View Post
    I have noticed that since the patch, my attack macros are targeting critters with the '/startattack' and would like for that to not be the case. I have noticed that tab targeting also hits critters, which I don't remember that being the case. SO, that presents 2 questions:

1) If I add the 'harm' modifier, will that prevent critters from being targeted by the macro? (at work so I can't test myself yet)
    2) Is there a way to remove critters from the tab targeting rotations?
    1) It should since I believe most critters are neutral
    2) This isn't something we can set by default but you can try
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    and it should preferentially target hostile mobs. If it doesn't then they changed tab targetting to be this way and not much you can do about it.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    1) It should since I believe most critters are neutral
    2) This isn't something we can set by default but you can try
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    and it should preferentially target hostile mobs. If it doesn't then they changed tab targetting to be this way and not much you can do about it.
    1) Critters seems to be acting as harmful now, so I believe it won't. It got targeted by "targetenemy" and returned true on "[harm]" conditions.
    2) The condition in that macro would actually check if your current target is friendly and then target a new enemy if that's true. "/targetenemy" is by itself trying to target hostile mobs and don't need additional conditions. In fact additional conditions wouldn't help since they can only check for conditions on targets with valid unitIDs, such as target/focus/party/arena etc, and not on the potential target for the targeting function.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Sacred Shield; [raid,help][raid,@mouseover,help] Beacon of Light
    /focus [help,nodead]

You can either use a macro:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    or an addon to add tier based showtooltips:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

You can try
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis

but no guarantees it'll work properly.[COLOR="red"]
    Both worked thanks =)

In fact additional conditions wouldn't help since they can only check for conditions on targets with valid unitIDs, such as target/focus/party/arena etc, and not on the potential target for the targeting function.
    It will work conditionally with /targetenemy just fine but in this case if critters are now not neutral mobs anymore, and fall under harm, [noharm] would obviously not apply anymore. And yes the point is to check on current target and target something else if the conditions don't apply and not target something else if they do so that if you're spamming it with [noharm] included, it sticks on hostile mobs and doesn't keep tabbing, but keeps tabbing if you keep targetting neutral mobs, until it finds a hostile mob.
    Unless conditions are already built into it. Like it used to target dead mobs too but nowadays it skips them automatically which means putting [dead] or [nodead] at the end does nothing now though it used to once upon a time.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 08:21 PM.

I been trying to do this as a PVP Holy Paladin. Is there a way that I can make a macro to not only activate Seal of Truth but also cast either Might or Kings as well?

WOW Armory Link

If they all trigger gcd you can't cast them all at the same time.
    In that case bind them to different modifiers or use a castsequence.

/cast [mod:shift] Spell1; [mod:ctrl] Spell2; Spell3
    or
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2, Spell3

I'm looking for a macro that will disable "Show Spell Alerts" in the interface and switch my talents to my other spec (and a reverse one, to switch back to the first spec and enable spell alerts). Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that will disable "Show Spell Alerts" in the interface and switch my talents to my other spec (and a reverse one, to switch back to the first spec and enable spell alerts). Is that possible?
    /run local c="displaySpellActivationOverlays" SetCVar(c,GetCVar(c) == "1" and 0 or 1)
    /usetalents [spec:2]1;2

With 5.0.4, my random critter macro doesn't work now. Anyone got a new one?

/run CallCompanion("CRITTER", random(GetNumCompanions("CRITTER")))

Pit Lord
    /run SummonRandomCritter()
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14