1. #3881
    You could replace /cast with /use.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  2. #3882
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    ok, it works.
    now how to modify it that i can put in some other stuff when i'm not in an arena? :>
    That's a bit more difficult. If you want it to do something regardless of whether you're in an arena or not it's simpler, for example
    Code:
    /cast [@target, harm] Attack Spell
    /stopmacro [@arena1, noexists]
    /target party1
    would always cast Attack Spell on your target if he's hostile, then if you're in an arena (and only then), target party1.

    I can't think of any way to make a second conditional to only fire when not in an arena, however. You'll need to have two buttons for something like that.

  3. #3883
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You could replace /cast with /use.
    couple of things
    1. These are actual spells and not items so I'm not sure if /use works.
    2. I tried /use Spell1;Spell2;Spell3
    it results in only the first spell being cast and spell2 and spell3 do not cast

  4. #3884
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by TunderingAeacus View Post
    couple of things
    1. These are actual spells and not items so I'm not sure if /use works.
    2. I tried /use Spell1;Spell2;Spell3
    it results in only the first spell being cast and spell2 and spell3 do not cast
    /use does work for spells, it's simply a universal command for both spells and items, whereas /cast is strictly spells.

    What Treeston meant is replacing /cast in your original macro with /use, which saves one character per command line.

    /use Spell1
    /use Spell2
    /use Spell3
    /use Spell4

    This is the only way to save characters, I'm afraid - unless you want to make a /castsequence you'll have to hit once for each spell in the macro.

  5. #3885
    High Overlord Spylacopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    174
    are there any macro's for holy prism? i'm just wondering were that spell fits good with

  6. #3886
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Spylacopa View Post
    are there any macro's for holy prism? i'm just wondering were that spell fits good with
    Depends on what you want it to do, really. Heal the mouseover target? Fire on the target of your current target? On your mouseover's target? Always on yourself (don't even know if that spell can, haven't played a paladin in ages)?

  7. #3887
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    i'm looking for a macro that does the following:
    it should target a party member (e.g. party member 1), BUT only if i'm in an arena.

    i've thought of something like
    /target [arena] party1
    but i'm not sure if it's even working, as i've never heard of "[arena]".

    a friend of mine had an idea to do the check through the existance of the arenaenemyframes, which would look like
    /target [@arena1, exists] party1
    but again, i'm not sure if this works as afaik party1 belongs inside the brackets.


    edit:
    just tested
    /target party1
    and at least this part works, so "[@arena1, exists]" in this conjunction is left to be answered
    What do you want it to do when you're not in arena?
    I think you can use this to change it to do what you want:

    /target party1
    /stopmacro [@arena1, exists]
    /targetlasttarget [@party1,exists]
    /cast [@target, harm] Attack Spell


    This will:
    In an arena : Target Party1
    Not in arena: Cast Attack Spell at your current target (change this if you want), whether you are in a party or not.

  8. #3888
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's a bit more difficult. If you want it to do something regardless of whether you're in an arena or not it's simpler, for example
    [...]
    I can't think of any way to make a second conditional to only fire when not in an arena, however. You'll need to have two buttons for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xer View Post
    What do you want it to do when you're not in arena?
    I think you can use this to change it to do what you want:
    [...]
    This will:
    In an arena : Target Party1
    Not in arena: Cast Attack Spell at your current target (change this if you want), whether you are in a party or not.
    sorry for wasting your time.
    i scrapped that idea a few hours ago =/

  9. #3889
    So I had this macro for shadowfiend and it always used to work, and it worked for Mindbender when 5.0 came out, but it doesn't work anymore and I don't really know why. It basically should make my SF/Mindbender attack that target of whomever I happen to be targeting.

    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl

  10. #3890
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    So I had this macro for shadowfiend and it always used to work, and it worked for Mindbender when 5.0 came out, but it doesn't work anymore and I don't really know why. It basically should make my SF/Mindbender attack that target of whomever I happen to be targeting.

    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl
    since you always have the [harm]conditional before the @targettarget, the latter isn't even checked. I wonder how that was supposed to work before.

    Code:
    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,@targettarget,harm][nopet,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [@targettarget,harm][harm]
    /cast [@targettarget,harm][harm]Shadowcrawl
    should work. I would recommend throwing in some extra nodead with the harm, but that's not necessary.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  11. #3891
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    I think you can shorten it a bit, the conditionals for the last part shouldn't be necessary.

    Code:
    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,@targettarget,harm][nopet,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [@targettarget,harm][harm]
    /cast [@pettarget,exists]Shadowcrawl

  12. #3892
    Brewmaster catbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    1,400
    been thinking about something for my monk. i think this is possible, but i am hurting my head thinking about it as i was never good at the exists, isalive, dead, whatever stuff

    push the button {
    if black ox statue exists - cast provoke @it
    else cast black ox statue
    }

  13. #3893
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar Black Ox Statue
    /use [exists] Provoke; Summon Black Ox Statue
    /targetlasttarget

  14. #3894
    i want a macro that targets enemy arena frame 1 on first hit 2 on second 3 on third hit and resets to enemy frame 1 after 2 seconds

    there isnt such thing as a tagetsequence so i dont know if its possible



    /target [bar:1,@arena1][bar:2,@arena2][bar:3,@arena3][bar:4,@arena4][bar:5,@arena5]
    /changeactionbar [bar:1]2;[bar:2]3;[bar:3]4;[bar:4]5;1


    is what i found so far but it isnt instant cycling
    Last edited by eosgreen; 2012-10-13 at 01:52 AM.

  15. #3895
    I'm a GM of a large guild and get several invite request per day. What I'm looking for is a macro that will invite someone when they whisper me. I'm not looking for a "mass" guild invite macro or anything like that, just a simple reply-invite macro.

    I know this isn't correct, but something like:

    "/r ginvite %t"

  16. #3896
    Brewmaster catbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    1,400
    beautiful <3

  17. #3897
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSalty View Post
    I'm a GM of a large guild and get several invite request per day. What I'm looking for is a macro that will invite someone when they whisper me. I'm not looking for a "mass" guild invite macro or anything like that, just a simple reply-invite macro.

    I know this isn't correct, but something like:

    "/r ginvite %t"
    Drycoded:
    Code:
    /run local n=ChatEdit_GetLastTellTarget() if n then print(("Inviting: %s"):format(n)) GuildInvite(n) end
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  18. #3898
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Drycoded:
    Code:
    /run local n=ChatEdit_GetLastTellTarget() if n then print(("Inviting: %s"):format(n)) GuildInvite(n) end
    You are a genius! Thank you so much

  19. #3899
    Anyone else having problems with using [mod] in macros now? or just me.

    Trying to do a macro for my monks Transcendance

    #showtooltip
    /cast Transcendance: Transfer
    /cast [mod] Transcendance

    Refuses to acknowledge the mod part =\
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2012-10-14 at 04:54 AM.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Teach someone to fool me and fool me forever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Canada?
    Who threatens Canada? That's like, threatening that nice old man in the park who's always feeding the birds and giving wisdom to strangers.

  20. #3900
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Transcendance; Transcendance: Transfer
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •