Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Anyone else having problems with using [mod] in macros now? or just me.

Trying to do a macro for my monks Transcendance

#showtooltip
    /cast Transcendance: Transfer
    /cast [mod] Transcendance

Refuses to acknowledge the mod part =\
    The reason is that macros commands with conditionals have to come before the one without the conditionals.

What your macro says is "Always cast Transcendence: Transfer. Then, if a modifier key is pressed, cast Transcendence."
    This fails because Transcendence: Transfer triggered the GCD.

Treeston's rewrite puts the [mod] conditional first, which allows the macro to work as you wanted it to.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2012-10-14 at 05:24 PM.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Awesome! thanks guys.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Teach someone to fool me and fool me forever.

I'm trying to make a macro that with the first click puts me in Metamorphosis and the second click uses buffs + Imp Swarm.
    The other way around, using buffs + Imp Swarm first and then cast Metamorphosis is pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to do this one. This for one doesn't work, as it will cast everything one at a time:

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
    /castsequence reset=15 Metamorphosis, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, Imp Swarm

I need to cast everything after Metamorphosis in one click.

Would it be possible to have a macro that, using Control as a modifier, Intervenes a mouseover and Charges the current target?

Thanks for all the help! I personally don't really know how it used to work either because I found this YEARS ago and just have been using it ever since, I personally am terrible with complicated macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinis View Post
    Would it be possible to have a macro that, using Control as a modifier, Intervenes a mouseover and Charges the current target?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover, help] Intervene; [@target, harm, exists] Charge
    Should do what you want.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro that with the first click puts me in Metamorphosis and the second click uses buffs + Imp Swarm.
    The other way around, using buffs + Imp Swarm first and then cast Metamorphosis is pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to do this one. This for one doesn't work, as it will cast everything one at a time:

/castsequence reset=15 Metamorphosis, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, Imp Swarm

I need to cast everything after Metamorphosis in one click.
    Castsequence can't do that, but you can set it up to work on a modifier or right mouse button.

Code:
    /use [button:2] Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /use [button:2] Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use [button:2] 13
    /use [button:2] 14
    /use [button:2] Imp Swarm
    /use [button:1] Metamorphosis
    This one will use all the buffs and Imp Swarm (unless GoSac triggers GCD? Not sure on that, but I don't think it does) on a right click, while a left click activates Metamorphosis. Also note this uses both your trinkets (inventory slots 13 and 14). Replace [button:2] with [mod:ctrl] for a CTRL modifier, or just [mod] for any modifier, and remove [button:1] at the end if you prefer not clicking it.

Morning all,

I'm looking for a simple macro but not sure how it would be typed out.

I would like a macro that my tank friend can press which will basically taunt whatever my target is. Something along the lines of targeting my target then casting taunt, as I could be tanking any mob I can't simply use /tar "mob name" as it could be a mob I'm not currently tanking.

Something like... having me as his focus target and taunting the focus's target?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Virana View Post
    Morning all,

I'm looking for a simple macro but not sure how it would be typed out.

I would like a macro that my tank friend can press which will basically taunt whatever my target is. Something along the lines of targeting my target then casting taunt, as I could be tanking any mob I can't simply use /tar "mob name" as it could be a mob I'm not currently tanking.

Something like... having me as his focus target and taunting the focus's target?

Thanks all.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead] Taunt
    If the unit saved as your focus target's currently targeted unit is an enemy and is not dead then:
    Cast Taunt on the unit saved as your focus target's currently targeted unit

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Or without the focus, if for whatever reason you could want that:

Code:
    #showtooltip Taunt
    /tar Virana
    /cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead] Taunt
    /targetlasttarget
    I would personally recommend Mordret's macro, but if he needs to use something else as a focus target or if he doesn't remember to set and re-set focus targets whenever it clears (it still clears from zoning, doesn't it?), the above should work just fine. Of course, substitute Virana for whatever in-game name you have.

Blademaster
    Hey guys

I've been searching over the inet for the following macro but I just cannot find it :/

I used to have it but, due to a reinstall or something, my macro list was cleared.

The macro that makes you auto-attack a target when you're out of energy while "casting" Sinister Strike or Mutilate.
    The macro forces you to auto-attack that target instead of just standing there and wait until you have the required energy. Or manually click the target to engage combat.

Thank you.

Narnia, in your wardrobe watching you sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollshape View Post
    Hey guys

I've been searching over the inet for the following macro but I just cannot find it :/

I used to have it but, due to a reinstall or something, my macro list was cleared.

The macro that makes you auto-attack a target when you're out of energy while "casting" Sinister Strike or Mutilate.
    The macro forces you to auto-attack that target instead of just standing there and wait until you have the required energy. Or manually click the target to engage combat.

Thank you.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to make a macro for my shaman, to, if talented, cast Elemental Blast, and mod to Lightning Bolt when I press Shift, and if I don't talent Elemental Blast, just be lightning bolt.

And also a macro to save more space, that will use the spell I have talented for that tier, like have it show and use Elemental Mastery if talented, or Ancestral Swiftness if that one is talented and so on.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2012-10-15 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to make a macro for my shaman, to, if talented, cast Elemental Blast, and mod to Lightning Bolt when I press Shift, and if I don't talent Elemental Blast, just be lightning bolt.

And also a macro to save more space, that will use the spell I have talented for that tier, like have it show and use Elemental Mastery if talented, or Ancestral Swiftness if that one is talented and so on.
    Personally I'd recommend having Elemental Blast as the modifier action, as you'll be using the key for Lightning Bolt more than Elemental Blast. Thus you can also just not hit the modifier for when you don't have Elemental Blast talented.

Code:
    #showtooltip Elemental Blast
    /cast [mod:shift] Elemental Blast; Lightning Bolt
    If you still want your version, though, here it is:

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt; Elemental Blast
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    As for the space-saving macro, there are addons for it (though I don't remember the name of it), but natively I don't think macros support it. If the spell doesn't trigger the GCD however (check wowhead for the spell and see if the spell has a GCD of 0 seconds), you can list all of them as a /cast macro, and it'll fire on the first spell you're able to cast. Also, you could put a single spell that does trigger the GCD last. For example:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Astral Shift
    /cast Stone Bulwark Totem
    would work. It'll try casting Astral Shift, and if it cannot, it'll move on to the next one. Stone Bulwark Totem triggers a GCD, so the macro won't progress further than that, but that's fine as it's the last section of the macro.

Hello =)

I've used this macro since the start of Cata on my DK and now it suddenly doesn't work with my favorite mount: the X-53 Touring Rocket!

The problem is that, if Horn of Winter is on CD it wont mount! However this is ONLY the case when I'm using X-53 Touring Rocket. All other mounts that I have seem to work just fine, even when HoW is on CD. Does anyone have a solution to this or should I post it as a bug?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast X-53 Touring Rocket
    Thank you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kibsgaard View Post
    Hello =)

I've used this macro since the start of Cata on my DK and now it suddenly doesn't work with my favorite mount: the X-53 Touring Rocket!

The problem is that, if Horn of Winter is on CD it wont mount! However this is ONLY the case when I'm using X-53 Touring Rocket. All other mounts that I have seem to work just fine, even when HoW is on CD. Does anyone have a solution to this or should I post it as a bug?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast X-53 Touring Rocket
    Thank you ^^
    After some research, it would appear the X-53 Touring Rocket is one of the few mounts which trigger a GCD, which is why it's not working with your macro.

Compare the GCD value of the rocket with randomly selected others like the black stallion, the green wind rider or the black nightsaber.

In short, nothing can be done. Either cast each separately, or use a different mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Personally I'd recommend having Elemental Blast as the modifier action, as you'll be using the key for Lightning Bolt more than Elemental Blast. Thus you can also just not hit the modifier for when you don't have Elemental Blast talented.

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Elemental Blast; Lightning Bolt
    If you still want your version, though, here it is:

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt; Elemental Blast
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    As for the space-saving macro, there are addons for it (though I don't remember the name of it), but natively I don't think macros support it. If the spell doesn't trigger the GCD however (check wowhead for the spell and see if the spell has a GCD of 0 seconds), you can list all of them as a /cast macro, and it'll fire on the first spell you're able to cast. Also, you could put a single spell that does trigger the GCD last. For example:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Astral Shift
    /cast Stone Bulwark Totem
    would work. It'll try casting Astral Shift, and if it cannot, it'll move on to the next one. Stone Bulwark Totem triggers a GCD, so the macro won't progress further than that, but that's fine as it's the last section of the macro.
    Thanks, but there is a slight problem with the third one, it doesn't show the tooltip and icon of the active talent, it just shows it if it were the first line in the macro.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2012-10-16 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Castsequence can't do that, but you can set it up to work on a modifier or right mouse button.

Code:
    /use [button:2] Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /use [button:2] Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use [button:2] 13
    /use [button:2] 14
    /use [button:2] Imp Swarm
    /use [button:1] Metamorphosis
    This one will use all the buffs and Imp Swarm (unless GoSac triggers GCD? Not sure on that, but I don't think it does) on a right click, while a left click activates Metamorphosis. Also note this uses both your trinkets (inventory slots 13 and 14). Replace [button:2] with [mod:ctrl] for a CTRL modifier, or just [mod] for any modifier, and remove [button:1] at the end if you prefer not clicking it.
    Thanks for the help, GoSac indeed does not trigger GCD by the way.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:55 PM ----------

How can I make a macro that will cast Metamorphosis if I'm in caster stance, but doesn't do anything if I'm in Metamorphosis? Something like /cast[stance=1] Metamorphosis, except that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    How can I make a macro that will cast Metamorphosis if I'm in caster stance, but doesn't do anything if I'm in Metamorphosis? Something like /cast[stance=1] Metamorphosis, except that doesn't work.
    The metamorphosis stance is number 1, so your macro should be:

/use [noform:1] Metamorphosis

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Thanks, but there is a slight problem with the third one, it doesn't show the tooltip and icon of the active talent, it just shows it if it were the first line in the macro.
    Yeah, that's a limitation in the macro system. To my knowledge you cannot circumvent it. The way #showtooltip works is that by itself, it shows the icon of the first (or next, in the case of /castsequence) spell/item in the macro, in this case Astral Shift. It will always show this one. If you suffix a spell or item, it will show that icon and tooltip, so #showtooltip Stone Bulwark Totem would always show that icon and tooltip, never showing Astral Shift.

The only way to my knowledge to show context-sensitive icons is by using [mod]. For example, #showtooltip [mod:shift] Stone Bulwark Totem; Astral Shift would show Astral Shift by default, unless the modifier key Shift is pressed, in which case it would show Stone Bulwark Totem. There's no way to have it dynamically update the icon based on the talent you currently have though.

Aside form the icon and tooltip, though, the macro should work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    /use [noform:1] Metamorphosis
    The 1 is redundant, but it works.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [noform] Metamorphosis