Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    How can I make a macro that will cast Metamorphosis if I'm in caster stance, but doesn't do anything if I'm in Metamorphosis? Something like /cast[stance=1] Metamorphosis, except that doesn't work.
    The metamorphosis stance is number 1, so your macro should be:

/use [noform:1] Metamorphosis

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Thanks, but there is a slight problem with the third one, it doesn't show the tooltip and icon of the active talent, it just shows it if it were the first line in the macro.
    Yeah, that's a limitation in the macro system. To my knowledge you cannot circumvent it. The way #showtooltip works is that by itself, it shows the icon of the first (or next, in the case of /castsequence) spell/item in the macro, in this case Astral Shift. It will always show this one. If you suffix a spell or item, it will show that icon and tooltip, so #showtooltip Stone Bulwark Totem would always show that icon and tooltip, never showing Astral Shift.

The only way to my knowledge to show context-sensitive icons is by using [mod]. For example, #showtooltip [mod:shift] Stone Bulwark Totem; Astral Shift would show Astral Shift by default, unless the modifier key Shift is pressed, in which case it would show Stone Bulwark Totem. There's no way to have it dynamically update the icon based on the talent you currently have though.

Aside form the icon and tooltip, though, the macro should work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    /use [noform:1] Metamorphosis
    The 1 is redundant, but it works.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [noform] Metamorphosis

I forgot that I need to use it in a castsequence macro. It looks like this:

/castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Is it possible to make it so that I can use Imp Swarm regardless of what form I am in, but Metamorphosis will only be used in caster form? The reason I need this is that I sometimes use this macro in Meta form to use the Imp Swarm and then by force of habit accidentally click it twice, taking me out of Meta again.

I forgot that I need to use it in a castsequence macro. It looks like this:

/castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Is it possible to make it so that I can use Imp Swarm regardless of what form I am in, but Metamorphosis will only be used in caster form? The reason I need this is that I sometimes use this macro in Meta form to use the Imp Swarm and then by force of habit accidentally click it twice, taking me out of Meta again.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform] reset=15/alt Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Thanks. I just tried it and the first click will cast Imp Swarm, but the second won't put me in Metamorphosis.

Trying to get me a macro that gouges focus when out of stealth and saps when I'm in stealth/dance. I know I had this macro in Cata but a while back all of my macros got reset and I havn't been able to remake it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus][stance:0] Gouge
    /cast [@focus][stance:1/2/3] Sap

Looking like that atm
    Rocking rogue since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by nellpyiwe View Post
    Trying to get me a macro that gouges focus when out of stealth and saps when I'm in stealth/dance. I know I had this macro in Cata but a while back all of my macros got reset and I havn't been able to remake it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus][stance:0] Gouge
    /cast [@focus][stance:1/2/3] Sap

Looking like that atm
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form,@focus] Sap; [@focus] Gouge

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 01:00 PM ----------

Thanks. I just tried it and the first click will cast Imp Swarm, but the second won't put me in Metamorphosis.
    The macro looks like it will work, at least the cast sequence part. I think Metamorphosis is form 2, at least that's what some potentially outdated sources say. Regardless, you can just remove the number specificity as long as locks only have one form and it will work.

Does the tooltip advance to Metamorphosis when you cast Imp Swarm?

If you can't get it to work, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    You could also solve all of this with a mod:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] !Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-17 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form,@focus] Sap; [@focus] Gouge
    Thanks mate <3
    Rocking rogue since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The macro looks like it will work, at least the cast sequence part. I think Metamorphosis is form 2, at least that's what some potentially outdated sources say. Regardless, you can just remove the number specificity as long as locks only have one form and it will work.

Does the tooltip advance to Metamorphosis when you cast Imp Swarm?

If you can't get it to work, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    You could also solve all of this with a mod:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] !Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    That is a very good point - I had entirely forgotten about the toggle-breaker. The first macro Squirl posted should work great if it's specifically a castsequence macro that's wanted.

Also, is Metamorphosis really form 2? What's form 1 then? Regardless, as stated, just [form] would work dandy.

I've tried all your suggestions, but I really can't get it to work. I'll post the entire thing:

#showtooltip
    /cast Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

The last two lines I replaced with your other suggestions and while everything up to and inculding Imp Swarm works fine, it just won't cast Metamorphosis with the second click.

I've tried all your suggestions, but I really can't get it to work. I'll post the entire thing:

#showtooltip

The last two lines I replaced with your other suggestions and while everything up to and inculding Imp Swarm works fine, it just won't cast Metamorphosis with the second click.
    Here's some other things to try:

Make a macro with just the cast sequence and #showtooltip. When you click it the first time, casting Imp Swarm, does the tooltip change to Metamorphosis? If it does, the problem is likely elsewhere.

Additionally, if you use Imp Swarm and DO NOT use Metamorphosis within 15s, the cast sequence will reset and lock you out of Metamorphosis. I don't play a lock, so I don't know how common that would be. You can just leave the reset off and it will cycle through every time or set the reset to Imp Swarm's CD (in seconds). That would look like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [form] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform] reset=120 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    I don't play a lock, but this macro doesn't seem optimal for managing these cooldowns. You might want to consider some different solutions such as a mod, l-click/r-click (sounds like you click? might want to address that too, but whatevs), separate buttons, etc.

Okay, I feel like an idiot now. The reason it wasn't working was because I wasn't targetting anything and Imp Swarm needs a target before you can cast it. So the first macro by Jigain works after all. Thanks for the help.

Hey so, my bars are pretty much full so i need to condense a few keybinds into a single macro.

I'm basically trying to make a 1 button CC macro, for scatter or silencing shot for example so i can either Scatter my target, my focus target or my mouseover in a single macro using modifiers, anyone could help with this? I'm currently using

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm][harm] Scatter Shot

but i'm trying to add a line that will allow be to Scatter Shot my Focus Target if i hold Alt (modifiers) and i can't seem to make it work.

Thanks a lot in advance ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Hey so, my bars are pretty much full so i need to condense a few keybinds into a single macro.

I'm basically trying to make a 1 button CC macro, for scatter or silencing shot for example so i can either Scatter my target, my focus target or my mouseover in a single macro using modifiers, anyone could help with this? I'm currently using

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm][harm] Scatter Shot

but i'm trying to add a line that will allow be to Scatter Shot my Focus Target if i hold Alt (modifiers) and i can't seem to make it work.

Thanks a lot in advance ^^.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:alt][@mouseover,harm][] Scatter Shot

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@focus,mod:alt,harm][@mouseover,harm][]scatter shot

Thanks a bunch :], works like a charm.

Okay, I feel like an idiot now. The reason it wasn't working was because I wasn't targetting anything and Imp Swarm needs a target before you can cast it. So the first macro by Jigain works after all. Thanks for the help.
    Ah. Then here's a slight modification (including Squirl's correction on the castsequence reset) that'll only fire when a target exists.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /use Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use [form,@target,exists] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform,@target,exists] reset=120/alt Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    Felt the macro might be getting too long, so I changed each /cast command to /use as well. Saves a character per command! :P

Eh, while I'm here anyway (though I really should go to bed), here's one that also lets you toggle Metamorphosis on/off with CTRL. Hopefully it'll all fit.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Metamorphosis; [form,@target,exists] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform,@target,exists] reset=120/alt Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis

Er, that one seems kinda off with the conditionals.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [noform,@target,harm,nodead]reset=120/alt Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis; [noform]!Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Er, that one seems kinda off with the conditionals.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [noform,@target,harm,nodead]reset=120/alt Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis; [noform]!Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    Well, surely that one doesn't allow for the casting of Imp Swarm if you're in Metamorphosis? :P

Also, how are the conditionals off? I don't see it.