1. #3961
    Quote Originally Posted by zoesgirls View Post
    I am pulling my hair out over the reset function for cast sequence macros. I have been searching all the forums I can find on the topic, and I yet when I try my macro, it is not resetting properly. What I would like is to reset my macro when certain procs occur - like heroism or blessing of the celestials. I also need it to reset when I switch targets. Here is what I have so far, and maybe someone can offer an idea on how to make it reset when I press shift:

    /castsequence [nochanneling:mind flay] reset=target/5/SHIFT shadow word: pain, vampiric touch, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay
    /cast shadowfiend
    /cast shadowcrawl
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    I'm pretty sure reset on mod was removed in 4.0.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 11:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Onoes View Post
    Several requests (read back 20 pages and while I found a lot of really good idea's, nothing specific to what I'm looking for).

    1. Would like a macro that sets my focus if I'm targeting a friendly player (and then returns to my last target), and casts Tricks of the Trade on my focus if I'm targeting an enemy.

    * My thought-line is that before a raid pull I can target the main tank and hit my macro making him my focus. On pull I can hit my macro to tricks the tank. After the initial pull I can target a DPs raid member and hit my macro to switch focus, return to the boss, and from that point on the DPS will be getting my Tricks. Does that sound about right? Is there a better/smarter way to do this?

    2. Would like a macro that mounts when stationary (using a random mount mod, command line /rmount), but that uses the Sprint ability if I'm in motion.

    * If the only way to do this is with modifiers then no worries, I can do it. I'm hoping there is a clever way to handle it with 1 button push however.

    3. General question, does the /startattack command do anything negative when spammed? So, if I set a macro up to cast Mutilate then /startattack, and just spammed the ability, would there be any downside? I just want to make sure I'm not resetting weapon swings or anything by using it.

    Thanks a lot for any help!
    1. As described:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [help]
    /cast Tricks of the Trade [@focus]
    What I use:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod][help][@Anonplayer] Tricks of the Trade
    With mod, it casts on focus; else if target is friendly, it casts on target; else, cast on a predetermined player. I set my focus as the tank usually (just target and type /focus) and I just put the highest DPS after @ on the last part.

    2. Not possible to detect movement. I don't think mounting triggers the GCD either, so crazy things would happen. If that slash command accepts conditionals, use this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /rmount [mod]
    /cast [nomod] Sprint
    If it does not accept conditionals, use this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /rmount
    /stopmacro [mod]
    /cast Sprint
    3. /startattack doesn't really have a downside. It doesn't reset the swing timer; it just toggles it on. Just make sure the Mut on your stealth bar does not have /startattack. That can bring you out of stealth and you'll lose the free Mut. Here's what I use on both bars:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mutilate
    /cast [stealth] Pick Pocket
    /startattack [nostealth]
    /cast Mutilate
    If stealthed, it will pick pocket and then Mutilate; else if not stealthed, it will start attack and Mutilate. I have PP macroed to all my openers for the free cash.

  2. #3962
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Then you're SOL. You can only have #showtooltip show either the first (/use or /cast) or next (/castsequence) item or ability in the macro, or a specific item or ability, not a combination of the two. Closest I can get you is something like this:

    Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Unbound Will; Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity
    /cast [mod:shift] Unbound Will
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /castsequence reset=120/alt Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity, Unbound Will
    This will use the medallion on a regular press, then Unbound Will if it's pressed again within 120 seconds, or 2 minutes. If ALT is held while pressing the macro, it will forcibly reset the castsequence and use the medallion. While I don't think you'll need that, it's always a good idea to have a manual reset just in case. It will always display the icon, tooltip, and cooldown for the medallion, but if you hold shift, it will show you the icon, tooltip and cooldown of Unbound Will. Using the macro while shift is held will also use Unbound Will, regardless of whether medallion is available or not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 09:11 AM ----------



    Something similar was asked regarding a banner, and no, it can't be done. Enclosing my reply in that thread:
    Thanks, that's a good alternative.

  3. #3963
    looking for a macro that cycles through enemy frames and if at all possible resets after 1 or 2 seconds

  4. #3964
    Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    looking for a macro that cycles through enemy frames and if at all possible resets after 1 or 2 seconds
    Erm. You mean like tab?

  5. #3965
    Wondering if it's possible to macro my first attack as Revealing Strike and then permanently cast Sinister Strike until I switch targets. I thought this might have worked but it doesn't.

    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike, !Sinister Strike

    Is there a way to cast an infinite amount of sinister strikes after the revealing strike?

  6. #3966
    Pandaren Monk Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Wondering if it's possible to macro my first attack as Revealing Strike and then permanently cast Sinister Strike until I switch targets. I thought this might have worked but it doesn't.

    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike, !Sinister Strike

    Is there a way to cast an infinite amount of sinister strikes after the revealing strike?
    None that I'm aware of.
    Easy solution: modifier for Revealing Strike:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod] Revealing Strike; Sinister Strike
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  7. #3967
    Is it possible to create a macro that uses Demoralizing Banner and Intervens to it?

    I'm trying something along the lines of:

    #showtooltip Demoralizing Banner
    /cast [target="Demoralizing Banner"] Intervene
    /cast Demoralizing Banner

    But it doesn't work. I've switched orders in the macro, tried without "", etc. Also banners are off the GCD.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

  8. #3968
    Code:
    #showtooltip Demoralizing Banner
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /use [exists] Intervene; Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget

  9. #3969
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Demoralizing Banner
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /use [exists] Intervene; Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget
    Works like a charm, thank you very much.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

  10. #3970
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Wondering if it's possible to macro my first attack as Revealing Strike and then permanently cast Sinister Strike until I switch targets. I thought this might have worked but it doesn't.

    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike, !Sinister Strike

    Is there a way to cast an infinite amount of sinister strikes after the revealing strike?
    !SpellName only works on toggleable abilities and actions. Examples would be, for example, !Burning Rush, !Shadowmeld, or !Bear Form.

    As for "infinite sinister strikes", I would recommend Tearor's macro.

  11. #3971
    So I've been running with standard macros that look like these so far for my paladin lvl90 talent row.

    #showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /use 10
    /cast Execution Sentence

    Just replace ES with Light's Hammer or Holy Prism I suppose. What I'd like to do is combine all 3 spells into one macro, and have the tooltip update to show the spell I currently have specced into and then fire the spell itself. It's important my gloves are activated before the cast, due to lining up Synapse Springs with ES and such. So what I'm asking basically is:
    Can I make a single macro dynamically switch tooltip between Execution Sentence, Light's Hammer and Holy Prism depending which one I have specced, while using my gloves tinker first and then firing the specced spell?

  12. #3972
    Quote Originally Posted by horolet View Post
    So I've been running with standard macros that look like these so far for my paladin lvl90 talent row.

    #showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /use 10
    /cast Execution Sentence

    Just replace ES with Light's Hammer or Holy Prism I suppose. What I'd like to do is combine all 3 spells into one macro, and have the tooltip update to show the spell I currently have specced into and then fire the spell itself. It's important my gloves are activated before the cast, due to lining up Synapse Springs with ES and such. So what I'm asking basically is:
    Can I make a single macro dynamically switch tooltip between Execution Sentence, Light's Hammer and Holy Prism depending which one I have specced, while using my gloves tinker first and then firing the specced spell?
    A macro alone can't do this. An addon solution was discussed a few pages back. I don't believe one exists currently, but the API is supposedly there.

  13. #3973
    hello there, i'm looking for a quite simple macro, basicly i want it to when i press it cast provoke on my black ox statue ^^

  14. #3974
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar Black Ox Statue
    /cast Provoke
    /targetlasttarget
    A macro can't target your statue specifically. If there is more than one out, it may target one that isn't yours.

  15. #3975
    I had a simple macro for Hellfire. However, now that I have Immolation Aura, it's not working so well. Original macro:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [channeling] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    I added:

    Code:
    /cancelaura [channeling] Immolation Aura
    ... in right after the /cancelaura for Hellfire, thinking it'd work. But it's not. It uses Immolation Aura fine in demon form, but hitting it again won't turn off Immolation Aura. Any fix? What am I doing wrong?

  16. #3976
    Looking for a macro that will link my starsurge and starfire into one button the problem im having is i want to prioritize starsurge and it has a cooldown and starfire doesn't

  17. #3977
    Epic! Gracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    BFE, USA
    Posts
    1,552
    I'm looking for a way to make a mouseover macro for Holy Prism, when I mouse over an enemy does it's thing, but when I mouseover a friendly uses on said friendly's target, but only if their target is an enemy. That was a tad hard to explain, but hopefully that covers what I'm after.

  18. #3978
    Quote Originally Posted by Katza View Post
    I had a simple macro for Hellfire. However, now that I have Immolation Aura, it's not working so well. Original macro:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [channeling] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    I added:

    Code:
    /cancelaura [channeling] Immolation Aura
    ... in right after the /cancelaura for Hellfire, thinking it'd work. But it's not. It uses Immolation Aura fine in demon form, but hitting it again won't turn off Immolation Aura. Any fix? What am I doing wrong?
    When you cancel Hellfire, doesn't that cancel your channeling?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [channeling] Immolation Aura
    /cancelaura [channeling] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast !Immolation Aura
    /cast Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()


    ---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 08:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Beastest View Post
    Looking for a macro that will link my starsurge and starfire into one button the problem im having is i want to prioritize starsurge and it has a cooldown and starfire doesn't
    The only real way to do this is with a mod:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Starsurge; Starfire


    ---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 08:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I'm looking for a way to make a mouseover macro for Holy Prism, when I mouse over an enemy does it's thing, but when I mouseover a friendly uses on said friendly's target, but only if their target is an enemy. That was a tad hard to explain, but hopefully that covers what I'm after.
    The mouseover part is really easy:

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Holy Prism
    However, I don't think it can check your mouseover's target's and then cast on your mouseover. Some scripting might be able to accomplish that, but not a simple macro as far as I know.

    Seems like a strange condition either way...
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-28 at 02:24 AM.

  19. #3979
    Epic! Gracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    BFE, USA
    Posts
    1,552
    The condition is there because the mechanic of holy prism damages a single targeted harm target and then spreads to aoe heal friends, but if a friendly is targeted it single target heals then aoe damages. I'm basically looking to stop the targeting of friendly target, so to always be aoe healing while keeping it as a mouse over and not needing to move my mouse off my raid frames.

  20. #3980
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /target [@mouseover]
    /cast [harm] [@targettarget,harm] Holy Prism
    /targetlasttarget
    Let me know if it doesn't work as expected. Took a bit of mulling before I realized I could just target the mouseover. :P
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-28 at 05:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •