xD Another request.

Any chance it's possible for a macro to use Chi Wave on myself, without removing my target or casting it on my target, and when I right click, having it act like normal? (So if I'm targeting someone else and right click, it uses it on them)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    xD Another request.

Any chance it's possible for a macro to use Chi Wave on myself, without removing my target or casting it on my target, and when I right click, having it act like normal? (So if I'm targeting someone else and right click, it uses it on them)
    Code:
    /cast [button:2][@player] Chi Wave
    I advise you start binding and stop clicking, but that macro should work as described: r-click for normal use; else cast on self.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Code:
    /cast [button:2][@player] Chi Wave
    I advise you start binding and stop clicking, but that macro should work as described: r-click for normal use; else cast on self.
    Yeah aside from the fact that clicking buttons as a healer is excruciatingly bad, that's not really an advisable way to utilize chi wave. Since it will heal 4 times regardless of whether you start it on a friend or foe, its purpose in your arsensal is a set-and-forget smart heal. I advise, whether you're a healer tank or dps, you look into keybindings and some good raid frames.

Does any 1 know of a macro for a feral druid that will combined thrash an swipe to 1 keybind. In other words with 1 click it cast swipe, an using a mob for shift to cast thrash
    Last edited by Druizz; 2012-11-24 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    A bit more information would be nice.
    Does it need to select a random mount, do you want a different modifier for different mounts, etc.

Deleted
    Modifier, how so? I just want a macro to cicle through some of my fly mounts, in this case: Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, etc. The same for ground mounts...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having some problems with my mouseover macros. I'm using the same macro for (example) Soothing Mist and Life Cocoon
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Soothing Mist
    Code:
    #showtooltip Life Cocoon
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Life Cocoon
    Yet, when ever I try and use Life Cocoon I get an error message saying it's an invalid target or the spell isn't ready yet (when I'm mouse overing a friendly target and it is off CD).
    If it matters I'm also having similar problems with some of my "hand" spells on my Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah aside from the fact that clicking buttons as a healer is excruciatingly bad, that's not really an advisable way to utilize chi wave. Since it will heal 4 times regardless of whether you start it on a friend or foe, its purpose in your arsensal is a set-and-forget smart heal. I advise, whether you're a healer tank or dps, you look into keybindings and some good raid frames.
    It's meant for PvP as a Brewmaster. :P

And I click a LOT faster than I can ever keybind.

Just because you are faster at keybinds does not mean everyone else is.

When I heal, I use Grid + Clique. Works fine. But as said, this is meant for PvP. :P Where I do want it to heal me before it hits an enemy, unless I need it to heal someone else first.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts a spell at your target only if your target is not an arena unit (arena1, 2, 3)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroh View Post
    Does any 1 know of a macro for a feral druid that will combined thrash an swipe to 1 keybind. In other words with 1 click it cast swipe, an using a mob for shift to cast thrash
    if I read you correctly:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Thrash; Swipe
    my suggestion (I do it with castrandom):
    Code:
    /castrandom [flyable] flymount1, flymount2, ...; groundmount1, groundmount2.....

Modifier, how so? I just want a macro to cicle through some of my fly mounts, in this case: Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, etc. The same for ground mounts...
    I like YayMounts for this. You can use a macro command (/click YayMountsButton) and add some custom logic (I have mod for repair mount) instead of just binding it.

Deleted
    If taints prevent it, you generally can't macro it - the macro code is also tainted by default.

Don't judge or anything, I need a few simple macros for a destro lock, and I'm terrible with macros. I want to cast 2 spells at once. What's the code to do so properly?

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Don't judge or anything, I need a few simple macros for a destro lock, and I'm terrible with macros. I want to cast 2 spells at once. What's the code to do so properly?
    You'll have to be more specific. You can't cast two spells "at once" unless one or both is off the GCD. If they're on the GCD, you can use a modifier (alt, shift, ctrl). If they are spells you always use one after another, you can use a castsequence, but it's fairly limited. A macro can't choose which spell to cast based on cooldowns, debuffs, buffs, etc.

These are some basic templates:

Off the GCD:
    Code:
    /cast Spell1
    /cast Spell2
    On GCD (mod):
    Code:
    /cast [mod] Spell2; Spell1
    On GCD (castsequence; limited actual use):
    Code:
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2

Hi there, hunter here. I'd like a macro that makes my pet attack the target im targeting (switch to it if its not already on it), then cast Kill Command. Example (I know its not the right commands but its what I'd like it to do). That way, my pet will go on the correct target without having to manually tell him every time. Saves time & utility. Any input?

-showtooltip
    -pettarget = my target
    -cast kill command

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Ah, so what if the taint was not their (ie on reload) would it be doable or not? as a means to swap talents quickly without having to open the talent window.
    Unless there's a slash command for it that I've missed, no. The problem is that applying/removing talents is a protected function and cannot be called from insecure (non-Blizzard) code. Macro code isn't secure, so you can't call it from there (well, you can call it, but it won't do anything).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to make a mouseover macro that when I mouseover a friendly unit, it will cast Penance, but when I have shift or alt pressed it will hit the mob I have targeted?
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Is it possible to make a mouseover macro that when I mouseover a friendly unit, it will cast Penance, but when I have shift or alt pressed it will hit the mob I have targeted?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift/alt][@mouseover, help, nodead][] Penance
    This will so what I read you want the macro to do, and if you're neither mouseovering a friendly target or pressing alt or shift, the button will behave just like the normal spell (hence the []).

Perfect! That's what I meant, a macro that I could basically spam to blow my trinket and class damage buff. Seeing as I always use them one after the other. Thanks very much.