Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    Not possible, if you need more key bindings try using modifiers (alt, shift, ctrl, whichever you like best)

This will only reset it to the first spell after the macro isn't executed for XX seconds.
    As I thought then. Ah well :<
    I'm a kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
    You could use the following piece if you're using the /yell together with a spell:
    Just change the bolded text to your needs. You can change "CHAT" to SAY, YELL, PARTY, RAID but not custom channels such as General or Trade.
    As an example; this is what I use for my Mana Tide Totem macro:

#showtooltip Mana Tide Totem
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Mana Tide Totem") == 0 then SendChatMessage("--[Mana Tide Totem] used!--","PARTY") end
    /cast Mana Tide Totem

It checks if the spell is not on cooldown and if that is true then sends a chat message to specified chat.
    Dunno if I missed it on some post but is there any possibility to add the target to whom u have casted?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelothian View Post
    Hello guys
    a simple question. I'm trying to create a macro to merge some spells because I have some "physiological" difficulties with the keyboard (nothing serious but enough annoying to create me problems during the raids). The rotation of the moonkin is divided into two phases. My problem is during the first part. Too many buttons to press.
    Briefly... I would like to create a macro with a simple sequence, but within this sequence there's a spell with a cooldown (3 mins). So, if I use the macro when this spell is ready, everything works. But if the spell is on cooldown, the macro stops and doesn't continue.
    Question: is there a way (via scripts / variables) to ensure that the macro continues, however, even if a particular spell is not ready (cd)?
    It could be fine use the command /click ActionBotton# only for this spell or the macro execute only this command without continue with /castsequence?
    Any ideas or suggestions about this are welcome.
    Thank you.
    Someone already let you know a macro solution isn't possible, but I would look into a gamepad of some kind. Depending on your difficulties, the Nostromo (a gamepad) could be a great boom. It's really comfy with a wrist rest and the keys are inline rather than staggered.

I use a Nostromo and a Naga for WoW. I play more than I should (like 8+ hours a day) and I never get any pain because it's really easy and comfortable to hit all my binds. Check out at least the Nostromo, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelothian View Post
    Hello guys
    a simple question. I'm trying to create a macro to merge some spells because I have some "physiological" difficulties with the keyboard (nothing serious but enough annoying to create me problems during the raids). The rotation of the moonkin is divided into two phases. My problem is during the first part. Too many buttons to press.
    Briefly... I would like to create a macro with a simple sequence, but within this sequence there's a spell with a cooldown (3 mins). So, if I use the macro when this spell is ready, everything works. But if the spell is on cooldown, the macro stops and doesn't continue.
    Question: is there a way (via scripts / variables) to ensure that the macro continues, however, even if a particular spell is not ready (cd)?
    It could be fine use the command /click ActionBotton# only for this spell or the macro execute only this command without continue with /castsequence?
    Any ideas or suggestions about this are welcome.
    Thank you.
    If you can be more specific about what you want to do I can come up with a few ideas for you. Also try to be clear about your physiological difficulties for optimal results - obviously if you're missing a pinky then modifier macros won't be ideal :P castsequence macros have their purpose but generally are very poor tools. What you're requesting actually may be possible, because you CAN check whether abilities are usable via scripts in a macro. I used to have a macro that would check if I had a mouseover and if power infusion was available, and if both things were true it would PI my mouseover and send a tell to them. Unfortunately I had to use an addon (superdupermacro) to create a macro long enough to get this to work.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frallan123 View Post
    I have a problem with this macro
    #showtooltip
    /use 10 (engineering gloves)
    /cast Lightning Bolt

The problem is that when I spam Lightning Bolt even though my gloves are ready I see them get highlighted but it skips to activat them and just casts Lightning Bolt instead. Sometimes it works if I slow down my spamming on the macro, but then again after the cooldown is ready again it wont activate unless I manually click the keybinding for my gloves. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great!
    as the other response said it is a prblem with the queueing system. All you have to do is add /use 10 to both ends ends

/use 10
    /use Lightning Bolt
    /use 10

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    If you can be more specific about what you want to do I can come up with a few ideas for you. Also try to be clear about your physiological difficulties for optimal results - obviously if you're missing a pinky then modifier macros won't be ideal :P castsequence macros have their purpose but generally are very poor tools. What you're requesting actually may be possible, because you CAN check whether abilities are usable via scripts in a macro. I used to have a macro that would check if I had a mouseover and if power infusion was available, and if both things were true it would PI my mouseover and send a tell to them. Unfortunately I had to use an addon (superdupermacro) to create a macro long enough to get this to work.[COLOR="red"]
    Yes you can check if a spell is on cooldown or not and do something, but not casting a spell. Because the castSpell can only be called by blizzards interface (i.e. /cast Spell, in a macro), so you can only use the macro conditionals, which can't check if something is on cooldown or not.

Yes you can check if a spell is on cooldown or not and do something, but not casting a spell. Because the castSpell can only be called by blizzards interface (i.e. /cast Spell, in a macro), so you can only use the macro conditionals, which can't check if something is on cooldown or not.
    Yep good point, I wasnt thinking straight apparently

Deleted
    I admit I did not scroll through the 200 pages so this has probably already been answered, but I'll ask anyway.

In fact, I'm not sure this is even possible, but I don't see why it shouldn't:

I basically want to save some place in my bars and macro slots by having a macro that does these 3(4) things:

1. Devouring Plague at target
    2. (+shift) Devouring Plague @ focus
    3. (+control) Flash Heal @mouseover if friendly, Devouring plague @mouseover if enemy

Would this work? Can't log in to test it right now.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Devouring Plague;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Flash Heal;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm]Devouring Plague;Devouring Plague

Could I have it change depending on the spec and still fit in the 250 char restriction? Having the opposite spells if I'm specced Heal?

Edit: would this do the trick for the 3 specs?

#showtooltip [spec:1/2]Binding Heal;Shadow Word: Pain
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Shadow Word: Pain;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Binding Heal;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm]Shadow Word: Pain;[spec:3]Shadow Word: Pain;[@mouseover]Binding Heal

And this:

#showtooltip [spec:1/2]Smite;Shadow Word: Death
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Shadow Word: Death;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:3]Shadow Word: Death;[@target,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:1/2]Holy Fire;[spec:3]Shadow Word: Death;Smite

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-11-14 at 06:02 AM.

I am looking for an all in 1 Intervene/Safeguard macro.

What I have is:

#showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [nomod,@Lexisbery] Intervene
    /cast [mod:shift,@Mocking Banner] Intervene
    /cast [mod:alt,@Demoralizing Banner] Intervene

Considering that it is not working for mocking/demoralizing I can only assume I did something wrong or typed it wrong. I would like to keep it with the shift/alt mods. Would definitely appreciate some help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    In fact, I'm not sure this is even possible, but I don't see why it shouldn't:

I basically want to save some place in my bars and macro slots by having a macro that does these 3(4) things:

1. Devouring Plague at target
    2. (+shift) Devouring Plague @ focus
    3. (+control) Flash Heal @mouseover if friendly, Devouring plague @mouseover if enemy
    Your suggestion should work, you can save some characters by using []:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Devouring Plague;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Flash Heal;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm][]Devouring Plague

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Your suggestion should work, you can save some characters by using []:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Devouring Plague;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Flash Heal;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm][]Devouring Plague
    To take full advantage
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Flash Heal;[@focus,mod:shift][@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm][]Devouring Plague
    would this do the trick for the 3 specs?

#showtooltip [spec:1/2]Binding Heal;Shadow Word: Pain
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Shadow Word: Pain;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Binding Heal;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm]Shadow Word: Pain;[spec:3]Shadow Word: Pain;[@mouseover]Binding Heal

And this:

#showtooltip [spec:1/2]Smite;Shadow Word: Death
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift]Shadow Word: Death;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:3]Shadow Word: Death;[@target,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:1/2]Holy Fire;[spec:3]Shadow Word: Death;Smite

Thank you for your time.
    spec is considered as your 2 specs you can have (dual spec) and is not related to any spec you can choose of (3).
    I'm a bit confused about your first spec macro, you want to cast Shadow Word: Pain on your target if you are shadow, but as heal you don't have any spell to be cast on your target? Please tell me if it is your intention or describe what you really want, thank you
    But for the second:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [spec:2]Shadow Word: Death; Smite
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift][@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:2][spec:2]Shadow Word: Death;[mod:ctrl,harm]Holy Fire; Smite
    Change spec:2 to spec:1 if your shadow spec is your fist spec.
    What it does (I took the information from your macro, if it should do something else, feel free to describe it): If in spec 2 (shadow) cast Shadow Word: Death on mouseover enemy if mod:ctrl else on your target, else with ctrl holy fire on enemy target smite. And with shift it will cast SW on focus (in both specs)
    Why do you want to show Smite if you are not in shadow spec? wouldn't Holy Fire be better? You could leave the showtooltip unspecified and it will always show the spell that you would currently cast (#showtooltip)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falled09 View Post
    I am looking for an all in 1 Intervene/Safeguard macro.

What I have is:

#showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [mod:shift,@Mocking Banner] Intervene
    /cast [mod:alt,@Demoralizing Banner] Intervene

Considering that it is not working for mocking/demoralizing I can only assume I did something wrong or typed it wrong. I would like to keep it with the shift/alt mods. Would definitely appreciate some help.
    For the Banners you have to target them, cast intervene and target your last target
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /target [mod:Shift] Mocking Banner; [mod:Alt] Demoralizing Banner
    /cast [mod:Shift/Alt] Intervene
    /targetlasttarget [mod:Shift/Alt]
    If you don't care about Ctrl as modifier you can replace [mod:Shift/Alt] with [mod] (with only [mod] it would cast Intervene and target your last target if you hold ctrl down)
    or (same with ctrl, just replace [nomod] with [nomod:Shift/Alt] if you don't want to cast and target last target with ctrl down)
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /cast Intervene
    /targetlasttarget
    Both macros should work, take whichever you want.
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-11-14 at 04:56 PM. Reason: corrected the first macro

Deleted
    To take full advantage
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift][@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm][]Devouring Plague;[@mouseover,mod:ctrl,help]Flash Heal
    As I read it this would never Flash Heal; should work though if you replace the [] with a [harm].
    Also, as I think about it, in this case you wouldn't even need the modifier for Flash Heal; the help conditional should work alone.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    As I read it this would never Flash Heal; should work though if you replace the [] with a [harm].
    Also, as I think about it, in this case you wouldn't even need the modifier for Flash Heal; the help conditional should work alone.
    Or move the Flash Heal portion to the beginning of the macro, that'd work too.

I want to make a script to dismiss my pet when it's dead (delete the dead body) so that I can use my Command Demon right after I use Grimoire of Sacrifice. The problem is I want to put it into a macro which uses my pets spells when they are alive and uses Command Demon when i have the Grimoire of Sacrifice buff so i can't just use /script PetDismiss().

I tried with this but it wouldn't work: /script if UnitIsDead("pet") == "true" then PetDismiss(); end

Anybody know a working macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Anything View Post
    I want to make a script to dismiss my pet when it's dead (delete the dead body) so that I can use my Command Demon right after I use Grimoire of Sacrifice. The problem is I want to put it into a macro which uses my pets spells when they are alive and uses Command Demon when i have the Grimoire of Sacrifice buff so i can't just use /script PetDismiss().

I tried with this but it wouldn't work: /script if UnitIsDead("pet") == "true" then PetDismiss(); end

Anybody know a working macro?
    This script should work.
    Code:
    /run if UnitIsDead("pet") then PetDismiss() end

For the Banners you have to target them, cast intervene and target your last target
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [mod:Shift/Alt] Intervene
    /targetlasttarget [mod:Shift/Alt]
    If you don't care about Ctrl as modifier you can replace [mod:Shift/Alt] with [mod] (with only [mod] it would cast Intervene and target your last target if you hold ctrl down)
    or (same with ctrl, just replace [nomod] with [nomod:Shift/Alt] if you don't want to cast and target last target with ctrl down)
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /cast Intervene
    /targetlasttarget
    Both macros should work, take whichever you want.
    I HAVE to target them? My mouseover works everytime. The only problem is I don't want to deal with a mouseover while trying to kite someone at the same time.

Deleted
    I'm a bit confused about your first spec macro, you want to cast Shadow Word: Pain on your target if you are shadow, but as heal you don't have any spell to be cast on your target? Please tell me if it is your intention or describe what you really want, thank you
    But for the second:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [spec:2]Shadow Word: Death; Smite
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift][@mouseover,mod:ctrl,harm,spec:2][spec:2]Shadow Word: Death;[mod:ctrl,harm]Holy Fire; Smite
    Change spec:2 to spec:1 if your shadow spec is your fist spec.
    What it does (I took the information from your macro, if it should do something else, feel free to describe it): If in spec 2 (shadow) cast Shadow Word: Death on mouseover enemy if mod:ctrl else on your target, else with ctrl holy fire on enemy target smite. And with shift it will cast SW on focus (in both specs)
    Why do you want to show Smite if you are not in shadow spec? wouldn't Holy Fire be better? You could leave the showtooltip unspecified and it will always show the spell that you would currently cast (#showtooltip)
    I always have the boss as target and I heal with mouseovers only so I don't need a damage spell @target in spec1.

On the second topic, you are right, I want to have Holy Fire as icon.

In fact, what I understand from how you save space on macros with []etc and not repeating spells is that it does the first spell associated with the first condition met and then ends the macro, right?

Is there a way to add something at the start so that if I'm in dps spec and push the button but I don't have shadowform (would [spec:2,form=0] work? or maybe [spec:2,noform]Shadowform;?), it cast shadowform before anything else (so that I could only spam my dps ability after healing)?

Anyway, tks a lot! Much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-11-15 at 04:12 AM.

I HAVE to target them? My mouseover works everytime. The only problem is I don't want to deal with a mouseover while trying to kite someone at the same time.
    Yes, you have to target them (or mouseover/focus), however notice the "targetlasttarget" at the end of the macro, you won't even notice that your target ever switched because the commands are executed faster than what your eyes will be able to pick up (unless you're some kind of superhuman or your client is bugged).

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:11 AM ----------

In fact, what I understand from how you save space on macros with []etc and not repeating spells is that it does the first spell that meet the first condition met and then end the macro, right?

Is there a way to add something at the start so that if I'm in dps spec and push the button but I don't have shadowform (would [spec:2,form=0] work? or maybe [spec:2,noform]Shadowform?), it cast shadowform before anything else?
    This is correct. For the shadowform macros the correct syntax is [spec:2,noform] Shadowform, or [form:1] to cast a spell if in shadowform (notice the colon instead of the equals sign).

What I wanted to say: You can't /cast [@Mocking Banner] Intervene, because "@Mocking Banner" is not valid. For the macro you have to target it with /target Mocking Banner, then cast Intervene and eventually target your last target to get the same effect. As Sakpoth mentioned you don't see this because the lines from the macro are executed really fast. You can remove the /targetlasttarget and you will have the banner as your target.

What I wanted to say: You can't /cast [@Mocking Banner] Intervene, because "@Mocking Banner" is not valid. For the macro you have to target it with /target Mocking Banner, then cast Intervene and eventually target your last target to get the same effect. As Sakpoth mentioned you don't see this because the lines from the macro are executed really fast. You can remove the /targetlasttarget and you will have the banner as your target.
    Oh alright, I was just making sure. Just tried it out, thanks for the help.

Deleted
    This is what I'm currently using;
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming,nomounted,mod:shift] Sea Turtle; [flyable,nomod,nomounted] Sandstone Drake; [outdoors,mod:ctrl] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; [outdoors,nomounted] Mekgineer's Chopper
    /dismount [noflying]
    Any way to make it show icon of the mount in question rather than a question mark while mounted?